April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Ravenus

Good coverage , but doesn't look inperceptibly smooth on application like High Definition makeup , which is something I always look for .
The colour was a bit to dark for my skin but wearable (NC15) .
Most of all after one day , it started to clog my pores (sensitive,acne-prone,combination skin), most notabily along my jawline .....and caused me some serious acne which I have never experienced before .....and my skin is still struggling to return to its normally 95% clear state ....... :-PPP . I found Select Foundation to be the least reactive with my skin - hardly any eruptions but then it also didn't cover very well-probably light to medium and wasn't very moisturising , a little dry in fact ... still I might return to it just becos the colour matches me well and that its doesnt break me out and looks relatively smooth on application .

Right now on La Prairie Cellular Complex Powder Foundation due to my skin breaking out at Boo ....and this is supposed to not do that from the reviews - just want it to stabilise , and see how it goes ....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hishipsandhers

I'm not sure why it has so many reviews raving about it. Its nothing special. I found better foundation at the drug store. Nevermind the MUA matched me as NW15 and i looked like a pumpkin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nayre

I tend to wear this when my skin has broken out and I need extra coverage. My DH hates it and thinks it smells of children's paint! (I think he may have a point) It does offer really good coverage but at times I find it difficult to blend. I get a a nice matte finish and it lasts all day without transferring to my hands, phone etc...
Now my skin is improving, I'm using this up by mixing it with my foundation to make my own tinted moisturiser as i don't want to waste it. I really don't like the packaging, without the pump it is very difficult to dispense the correct amount and it irritates me to pay extra for the pump. This foundation has served it's purpose for me but i'm moving to use the slightly lighter select mac foundation instead as my skin has improved lots. So as I won't need the extra coverage I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by summer514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation to cover up my hyperpigmentation as a result from acne scarring. I love the pump and how controllable it is, and I love the consistency. It doesn't dry on your face fast like the Revlon Color stay foundation, so it's very easy to apply. The coverage is amazing. I didn't even need to use concealer over it to hide the acne scars! I thought this was my hg foundation until my face started to break out really badly. I'm talking about painful hard cystic acne clustered on my jawline, my forehead, and my cheeks! I couldn't figure out the cause for the longest time so I kept using the foundation to cover up the breakouts. It wasn't until recently that I learned from the estheticians at the spa i go to that mac makes the worst foundations for acne prone skin. Yes, it's great for covering it up, but it could also be the cause in the first place. I immediately switched foundations and I am slowly seeing a reduction in breakouts. I'm planning on keeping this just because it was expensive and I don't want to waste it. Maybe I'll be able to wear it once my skin clears on occasion. However I definitely won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this product really has some mixed reviews! Well, thought I'd give my opinion too as in some ways I think it's a great product, and in others I'd say it could be a bit better. Ok, so here goes...

Good points:
I have combination-oily slightly blemished skin and this really does layer up well to cover the scars (flat not pitted) I have from pimples. The finish is really nice, matte enough without looking dry. The colour match (NC37) is also a pretty good match for my yellowish-olive-brown skin. The price was fine I thought and once I got my head round the idea that I had to buy a separate pump I thought it diespensed the product really well. It's also very long lasting, as make up normally just slides off my face my midday, and lasts even better if you use it with primer and powder.

Weaker points:
I thought this was a perfect colour match, but when I spent the weekend in the Uk (I live in Spain) I noticed that in the British light it looked a bit pinky and didn't match me so well, strange I know... For a wedding I went to recently I useed it with MAC primer and powder (I normally wear studio fix alone) and whilst it gave me porcelain skin, especially in the photos, it did settle into the little creases around my mouth which wasn't very attractive. Also, when I apply it with the brush sold to me at the MAC counter it does stay longer on my face but also looks quite streaky unless you spend ages blending it in.

That's it for now, I'd say it's not quite my HG (oly Grail) but is almost there!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bottom line: NC 15 was too light, NC 20 too dark/yellow and I'm not willing to sit there mixing it every day. Who has the time?

After hearing about the good color range of MAC foundations I was excited to try this out but it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. It was much yellower than I thought it would be and they didn't seem to have a more neutral option (NW was way too pink).

Aside from the color match problems, the formula itself was just ok. It wore well throughout the day, but it took some time and effort to make it look natural and not like I had a plastic mask on. Coverage was fine and it lasted. Also, it wasn't that comfortable on my face. It definately had that "you're wearing foundation" feel to it. If the color had been amazing I might have been able to work with the other stuff, but all together, it left me feeling kind of "eh.."

Oh, and what is up with having to buy a pump separately??? Just put the pump on the bottle MAC, seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by angiekok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

when i bought it i had really many expectations for this legendary foundation,but...well let's start from the positives,it covers everything!!!the skin looks flawless!!the best coverage i ve ever had!!!and it really lasts all day long,but the smell is kind of weird and it breaks me out bad,very very very bad.i used it for a week and stopped using it daily after the acne that caused me.i decide to keep it and use it in special occasions only for the good coverage that provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lelestar

Wow, it makes me sad that some ppl don't love this product as much as I do! Oh well.

I have fair skin- that is sensitive, and combo to oily.

I love the foundation, I'm ALWAYS getting compliments on how great my skin looks... and friends always asking what foundation I use! It has great coverage- It's easy to layer thicker if needed- It has GREAT staying power! but not like a mask- like a supportive friend! :)

Wish the packaging was a bit better. What are ppl talking about needing a pump? this stuff comes in a glass bottle... anyway, if the lid wasn't curved then it would be easier to store upside down to get all remaining foundation out. So i balance it.

FYI- I don't get clogged pores at all from this. It's nice and matte and natural looking. I've been using it for about 2-3 years. I'm a tried and true fan. WOOO!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by jessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! its my first foundation, it fits my skin tone colour well, it covers well and it applies on smoothly. I dont break out either. But the only down side is that it rubs off onto clothes easily! overall i love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elisha24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am changing my review for this, I thought it looked great till I caught a glimpse in full sunlight... I looked SO orange, id been wearing it for two days until I noticed how embaressing! It broke me out in a rash too!

If you can find a colour match its a nice foundation.
For those people complaining it doesnt cover enough I think people need to consider that foundation isn't for covering, it's for evening out your skin tone and laying the foundation for the rest of your makeup. Concealer is for more coverage, I dont have good skin at all but this foundation with a touch of concealer makes my skin look perfectly airbrushed! Pity about the colour!