July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by meliskimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I always, always, always come back to my purity. I have tried so many cleansers, like most of you out there, but this is the only one my skin loves! I have combo/dry skin and I use tretinoin gel, and I have been looking for a cleanser to clean but not strip my skin. This is the only one I have found that fits the bill in every respect. I took one lippie off because it's pricey imo for a cleanser and since I don't have a Sephora where I live I always have to order it online. Not so bad though considering you can get a 32oz, size from QVC for around $30.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this cleanser no matter what I try. It gets all my makeup off, doesn't strip my skin, and just feels and smells so nice when I use it. I have somewhat oily skin that tends to get oilier with wierd dry patches if I use a "oily skin" cleanser and this seems to provide the right balance for me. It may seem kind of expensive but it lasts so much longer than other cleansers I've used so it's worth the purchase price to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by BabiDva

I so wanted to like this cleaner. It does clean very well, and the fragrance free smell doesn't bother me at all, I kind of like it. Anyway, after just one use, little white heads started to appear within the hour, to make sure this cleanser indeed was the culprit, I tried it again the next evening, and same thing happened. So back to Sephora it went :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by paskiaq

I got this in a kit. It's a nice cleanser, but I don't find it to be very different from Cetaphil, which is my normal cleanser. For the price, I wouldn't purchase it by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!! I bought this after my terrible experience with Noxcema Cleansing Cream when I broke out horribly, and the spots wouldn't go away. This helped me dry out the acne breakout, and my skin is getting smoother every day. It's also a great make-up remover! I thought the SA was exaggerating when she told me to wash twice if I am wearing make-up. Well, it even removed my mascara!
All in all, this cleanser gets 5 lippies from me! I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLadyTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of cleansers. I went from Clinique soap to this and love it as it is one less step in cleansing. It removes all the makeup. I have mature skin and this works well for me. I also have sensitive skin and am allergy prone but have had no problem with any philosophy product. The best way to cut the cost is to get the 32 oz size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by JanSantF

My HG cleanser!!! This cleanser will remove every spot of makeup, and it makes your skin so soft, radiant and helps to balance my combo skin. This is the cleanser I tend to use in the winter and spring, and I tend to use the Body Shop seaweed in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two years, and I don't think I can ever be without it again. I have very sensitive combo skin, and this is very gentle. However, it won't "melt" off my heavy duty makeup (EL Double Wear, MAC paint pot e/s), so I use EL's Take it Away prior. It really calms my skin, doesn't irritate it and gives my complexion that touted Philosophy "glow". I will continue to repurchase again and again... I also love that I don't have to use a separate toner, it's just one less step in my skincare routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good at removing make up, and thoroughly cleansing skin, but doesn't help acne or blemish prone skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by happydaisy

This thing broke my skin out. I think it's because it has so many irritants in it. It even has black pepper (of all things...why would I want to rub black pepper into my skin...). However, it works pretty well as a makeup remover for powder makeup, so I guess that's a plus. I will not repurchase.