September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

Totally mediocre cleanser. Doesn't really foam alot, and does nothing special. I don't get it's cult following.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

I've used this, on and off (but more on) for the last 10 years. I keep coming back to it from other cleansers. I don't know what's in it, because, unlike other companies who tell you the exciting stuff that makes their product work, Philosophy insists on putting that pseudo-spiritual gobbledygook on their packages, and I'm not a cosmetic chemist, so I can't read the ingredient list. I do know that it cleans my skin well without making it tight or red, takes off makeup without stinging my eyes, and has a pleasant smell. Over the years, I've managed to break the caps on the smaller size bottles by dropping them. I currently decant from a 32 oz pump size into a (yes, broken) 2 oz travel size. I would pay more to get plain packaging with a cap that didn't break. (I know, I know -- put it in a plain bottle of my own. But I like labels.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it really deserves a 4 or not. I don't wear anything long lasting or hard to remove, so I don't know it's true cleansing power. I never saw any positive or negative effects to my skin either. The ingredient list is pretty good (it looks like an even mix of chemicals and plant extracts throughout the list) and I love the liquidity consistency. The smell isn't what I expected for something with a lot of extracts, but it didn't bother me anyways (most things are neutral to me and then I get used to them over time). Hopefully I can get it in the huge 32oz size - that will probably be the deciding factor if I get it again along with the consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by sueyellowjam

Got this in a small bottle together with the entire series of face produdcts as a gift. Purity is a really nice cleanser which gently cleanses your face and leaves no feeling of tightness. You feel fresh afterwards. I used up the entire bottle of it although I never bought it again mainly because they were not available where I live and they were other brands I could use that were readily available. I have moved several times since then. Now I have found another cleanser which works great for me. So one day when nothing works out I'd go back to this cleanser again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by music_lover888

Bought this on a spur of the moment -- at first, there was an overwhelming herbal scent, which i haven't decided if I like or not, but cleanses makeup off pretty decently. I just got this a few days ago, so will have to see how it works out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by meliskimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I always, always, always come back to my purity. I have tried so many cleansers, like most of you out there, but this is the only one my skin loves! I have combo/dry skin and I use tretinoin gel, and I have been looking for a cleanser to clean but not strip my skin. This is the only one I have found that fits the bill in every respect. I took one lippie off because it's pricey imo for a cleanser and since I don't have a Sephora where I live I always have to order it online. Not so bad though considering you can get a 32oz, size from QVC for around $30.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this cleanser no matter what I try. It gets all my makeup off, doesn't strip my skin, and just feels and smells so nice when I use it. I have somewhat oily skin that tends to get oilier with wierd dry patches if I use a "oily skin" cleanser and this seems to provide the right balance for me. It may seem kind of expensive but it lasts so much longer than other cleansers I've used so it's worth the purchase price to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by BabiDva

I so wanted to like this cleaner. It does clean very well, and the fragrance free smell doesn't bother me at all, I kind of like it. Anyway, after just one use, little white heads started to appear within the hour, to make sure this cleanser indeed was the culprit, I tried it again the next evening, and same thing happened. So back to Sephora it went :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by paskiaq

I got this in a kit. It's a nice cleanser, but I don't find it to be very different from Cetaphil, which is my normal cleanser. For the price, I wouldn't purchase it by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!! I bought this after my terrible experience with Noxcema Cleansing Cream when I broke out horribly, and the spots wouldn't go away. This helped me dry out the acne breakout, and my skin is getting smoother every day. It's also a great make-up remover! I thought the SA was exaggerating when she told me to wash twice if I am wearing make-up. Well, it even removed my mascara!
All in all, this cleanser gets 5 lippies from me! I'll definitely buy again.