September 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by stella22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At this time, I wear Double Wear on a daily basis. i do love the coverage of this foundation. I also think that the Double Wear last most of the day, especially if you touch up through out the day. However, due to the long wear, my skin has gotten worse since I started using this foundation. My pores on my nose have gotten bigger and look dirty most of the time after wearing this makeup. I now have to wear a pore minimizer to correct my pores. I will continue to use this foundation until I find another good one..which I hope is soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

It is the best foundation I've used and I have used alot of foundations in all price ranges. It gives a flawless look and covers almost everything. It sets up very quickly so I start out with a foundation brush and finish with a very light finger. I use a very small amount of Mark by avon face powder-it is the lightest coverage I've found in powder. Powder almost seems optional with this. I always use lotion and primer before I start. I hope they never discontinue this. Another great thing I love is that it does not come off on my clothes. I use 16 ECRU 1C and it is a perfect match for my winter skin. I may need it a bit darker when summer is here. Everytime I try a new foundation I come running back to this-LOVE IT SO MUCH!! It is HG for me.
    **Update**8-6-09 This will really hold up well on long day events. It is amzing at looking great from 6am to 11pm and longer I'm sure. I've also been using this in the summer heat and have had no problems. It is so nice to have a product that stays put and does what it is suppose to. It takes some stress out of those long days. The more you use it the easier it is to work with and apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by XXohsoblondeXX

have been using double wear for 2 years.....This is good for me as im a product junkie and constantly like to try new things.
    Iv used lots of foundations but this one cannot be beaten. Stays on all day or night and still looks fresh. Doesnt streak go patchy or shiny

The only down sides to this product is it doest have a pump with the bottle and it is hard to remove unless you have the right products. the ones id suggest
    Clinique Take the day off Cleansing Balm
    or
    Loreal Demaq Elixir Concentrate for a cheaper alternative

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kn44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried DW but found that it was too heavy for me, so I was happy to find that they had DW light. I've been using the DW light for the past several months (~ 3):

PROS:

- great coverage (med - full, even thought it's advertised as med)
    - lasted all day, even on my very oily skin
    - great at controlling oil: when my skin got oilly during the day, my skin just appeared more radiant rather than a layer of oil sitting on my face

CONS:

- just like some of the reviewers here, could not get the right color, i was somewhere between 1 and 2 for the light and between 1W and 2W for the DW

- looked like I was wearing a ghostly white mask in every photo, regardless of the lighting

- the "radiance" that appears when my face gets oily makes my face look "plastic"...a fake skin effect. Also after a while, I noticed that even before my skin becomes oily, the foundation does not ever really look like real skin. Maybe its oil control technology creates that plastic look that becomes more apparent when oil appears.

BOTTOM LINE:

Will not repurchase because I cannot get over the slight fake skin look, color difference, and although I am not a huge fan of self-portraits, I cannot imagine looking for a separate foundation to keep around and only using it on days I "plan" to take photos....or worst, if my friend pulls out a camera, I would have to run and change my foundation....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Amyjmacintyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG winter foundation. First, I am very fair, almost copy paper white, and it is hard to find a shade that is light enough let alone doesn't turn pink or yellow on me. My skin gets really flakey and dry this time of year, partially due to my acne medications. Unlike every other foundation I've tried, this foundation does not accentuate my flakiness, rather smooths every thing over and looks absolutely flawless. The texture leaves my skin looking and feeling soft and creamy which I love and it's oil free! Every other oil free foundation makes my skin look matte and just dry.
    Coverage, coverage, coverage! I have substantial acne scars that show up effortlessly on my paper thin, white face. They are really hard to cover, but with Double Wear it's almost effortless. I can even use this under my eyes and it covers up everything there too!
    Of course this foundation is a bit thick, so during the summer when my skin isn't as prone to as many complications and gets a bit of color despite my 50 spf, Double Wear hibernates peacefully in my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by TwinkleKat

Amazing coverage and lasting power with this foundation, the best i've used, however, you need to be careful when applying it. You need to moisturise very well before hand or it can tend to get a bit cakey. Great for a polished look or for special events. Wouldn't recommend it if you want a natural look by any means. Just for reference, i've also worn Revlon colorstay in 'buff', DW in 'sand' is very similar, but i prefer this one slightly more. (Well, i should for the price, eh?) ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been in an on/off relationship with this foundation for more than 10 years. I always come back to it. And now I'm back for good. After trying out almost every other foundation on the market, I just find this to be the best. Applied with the MAC 109 brush it gives me an a thin and even finish that lasts all day. It's as good as it gets.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by kkat989

The MA could not find a color match for me in this foundation but she gave me a sample of something a little darker and another one that was a little lighter. Each sample lasted me about a month's worth (i don't use that much foundation!). I'm not sure i'm a fan, i end up hating the foundations that aren't my shade because i get so frustrated and irritated at companies who are unwilling to make shades for women of different ethnicities. But putting that aside, the formulation of this foundation was thick, full coverage and blended well. I liked this foundation for these reasons despite the issues i had with my shade. However, the formulation did not suit my oily skin and made me oily in about 3 hours just like studio fix fluid does. I do use a primer and set with a mattifying powder and usually i never have to retouch because i found a very good foundation (mufe primer and foundation) for myself. Most of all, the one thing that turned me off about this foundation is the fact that it broke me out in a million different places and the packing is crap. Its like studio fix fluid without the pump (if you buy one). I'm so glad i got a sample and did not buy this product. Will never purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be the Anti-MUA because almost every single product I use is the total opposite of MUA's reviews. Weeeird. Anyway, I HATED this foundation. Firstly, my face basically ATE the foundation. Seriously! I don't touch my face, but after 6 hours, it would be blotchy and/or completely GONE from my forehead and chin/jawline. Secondly, it wouldn't last for anything. I tried applying with a regular foundation brush, skunk brush, my fingers, and even a sponge; nothing made this stuff last on my skin, and it barely covered anything (some redness and acne scars) unless I piled on (y hullo thar cakey mess). It's not my technique- I can get other foundations to work beautifully. Thirdly, I could not keep a matte face to save my life- I even tried one day with heavy-duty primer and super-mattening powder, but it was still Oil Slick City after only 4 hours. I tried so hard to make this work for a week before returning it. Maybe I got a bad bottle? Other than that, it just makes no sense. Oh, and the colors are too dark for me (yes, I am srsly Casper white), but I'm used to it.
    The one good thing I can say about DW is that it didn't make me break out, and I have VERY acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by donna4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this stuff been wearing it for years and it's perfect for my pale acne prone skin I was wearing this in shell the lightest shade since they told me at the counter it was the best color but it is a little pink and I already have redness in my skin so I switched to bone with has a little more yellow in it and it is perfect to counteract the redness in my skin it has great staying power and covers everything. It's pricey but lasts a long time. Will keep buying.