Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/13/2008 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm on my third giant bottle of this, so I figured it was time to give it a review. I have described my skin as all of the following: sensitive, combo/oily, very dry, prone to redness, prone to acne, reactive, congested. I used to have skin that had dry flakies in the midst of pimples. NIGHTMARE SKIN. SKIN I WOULDN'T WISH ON MY ENEMY. So when I say this is my HG, take it to heart.

This cleanser works. For those that have tried OCM and found that they hate it, this cleanser is for you. It has all the oils in it but it's formulated so that it washes away cleanly without the irritation of scrubbing and rubbing.
UPDATE: I've found that I can't use tap water, so I can't use this anymore. Now, I'm using Avalon Organics Lavender Cleansing Milk, which I can rinse off when the tap water isn't giving me trouble (summer) and wipe off with a microfibre cloth in times when tap water is hurting my skin. It's a lot cheaper, too.

on 8/11/2008 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This and the Mario Badescu enzyme cleansing gel are the two best cleansers I have EVER used in my life. This is one of the best products period that I have ever used! Everyone must try this at least once. I have never had a break out while using this ...FYI

This is one of the best cleansers I've had in a long time, I can't believe it took me so long to give it a try! Some info on me first:
- Dry, sensitive skin
- No acne and not prone to break outs
- Some dry patches w/ flakes

I was really afraid that this product was going to break me out because most "mosturizing" cleansers tend to leave an icky film that can't be washed off no matter what. Thankfully, this cleanser is just GREAT really simple (to it's name)--it has the capability to take off my make up and leave my skin nicely moisturized and clean! No tight skin feeling or over greasy film here!

Sure, it's a little pricey... I could buy 3 of my drugstore cleansers for one 8 oz. bottle of Purity for $20.00, but then again, I only use about a dime sized amount and it took me quite a while to get through the 2 oz. bottle I got to try this product out so when you do divide up the price with usage, it really is worth it. You get better deals on price per ounce if you buy the larger bottles, but I just don't want a pound (or more) of the stuff just sitting there.

I'd definitely repurchase because this is my HG cleanser and I usually stick to something for at least 3 or more years before deciding to switch since I'm so afraid to break out.

on 8/6/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product was ok. It didn't do anything bad to my skin but didn't do anything great for it either. I mainly bought it because it says it removes makeup but it didn't remove eye make up very well which is why I didn't give it extra stars. It didn't help with my oily skin either. I think this product works better on people with normal or sensitive skin.

on 8/6/2008 1:57:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this at first since I thought it was just going to be a more expensive version of Cetaphil, but after using a small bottle that was included in one of philosophy's kits, I can safely say that I am hooked. This is the perfect cleanser for my fair, sensitive, combination skin - it cleanses thoroughly without drying and a small amount goes a long way.

A little less than 1 week ago, I started using this cleanser along with the microdelivery peel (which, due to my sensitive skin, I used/will use only once a week) and the microdelivery peel pads (which I used/will use the other 6 days a week) and in that short amount of time, I have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. Not only have these 3 products of cleared up some stubborn acne that appeared for the 1st time in my 30s, but they have faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind, made my pores look compeletly invisible, and left my skin looking younger and more radiant (giving me back the rosie glow I had in my early 20s).

I can't wait to try the rest of Philosophy's skin care line.

on 8/5/2008 1:29:00 AM

I like this cleanser. I don't wear a lot of face makeup...mostly powder and bronzer. I have an oily t-zone and the rest of my face is pretty much normal. Cleans my face nicely and isn't drying. Pretty simple.

on 8/4/2008 12:05:00 PM

I have tried almost every cleanser out there and not found one that does what Purity does for my skin! It removes my makeup, cleanses, tones and leaves my slightly hydrated. Works perfect for my skin type!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I"ve been using this for about 3 months now & I'm sold. The very first night I noticed that it removed all my eye makeup without even reaching for remover. I waited awhile to make sure it didn't dry me out or make my skin tight and so far so good. No breakouts either. Pleasant smell and leaves my skin feeling soft. Definately worth trying out.

on 8/2/2008 9:21:00 PM

I love this product. After years of spending too much on "designer products", I had decided that many drug store products (neutrogena, olay, etc.) are just as good for my difficult skin. This product has changed my mind. I was surprised at how well it removes makeup --even eye makeup. It really is a one step product. M skin feels clean without being dry. I'm sold!

on 8/1/2008 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok. Nothing special. I didn't feel like it did anything for my skin but made it oily. I returned this to Sephora.