Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/6/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product was ok. It didn't do anything bad to my skin but didn't do anything great for it either. I mainly bought it because it says it removes makeup but it didn't remove eye make up very well which is why I didn't give it extra stars. It didn't help with my oily skin either. I think this product works better on people with normal or sensitive skin.

on 8/6/2008 1:57:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this at first since I thought it was just going to be a more expensive version of Cetaphil, but after using a small bottle that was included in one of philosophy's kits, I can safely say that I am hooked. This is the perfect cleanser for my fair, sensitive, combination skin - it cleanses thoroughly without drying and a small amount goes a long way.

A little less than 1 week ago, I started using this cleanser along with the microdelivery peel (which, due to my sensitive skin, I used/will use only once a week) and the microdelivery peel pads (which I used/will use the other 6 days a week) and in that short amount of time, I have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. Not only have these 3 products of cleared up some stubborn acne that appeared for the 1st time in my 30s, but they have faded the pink marks that the acne had left behind, made my pores look compeletly invisible, and left my skin looking younger and more radiant (giving me back the rosie glow I had in my early 20s).

I can't wait to try the rest of Philosophy's skin care line.

on 8/5/2008 1:29:00 AM

I like this cleanser. I don't wear a lot of face makeup...mostly powder and bronzer. I have an oily t-zone and the rest of my face is pretty much normal. Cleans my face nicely and isn't drying. Pretty simple.

on 8/4/2008 12:05:00 PM

I have tried almost every cleanser out there and not found one that does what Purity does for my skin! It removes my makeup, cleanses, tones and leaves my slightly hydrated. Works perfect for my skin type!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I"ve been using this for about 3 months now & I'm sold. The very first night I noticed that it removed all my eye makeup without even reaching for remover. I waited awhile to make sure it didn't dry me out or make my skin tight and so far so good. No breakouts either. Pleasant smell and leaves my skin feeling soft. Definately worth trying out.

on 8/2/2008 9:21:00 PM

I love this product. After years of spending too much on "designer products", I had decided that many drug store products (neutrogena, olay, etc.) are just as good for my difficult skin. This product has changed my mind. I was surprised at how well it removes makeup --even eye makeup. It really is a one step product. M skin feels clean without being dry. I'm sold!

on 8/1/2008 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is ok. Nothing special. I didn't feel like it did anything for my skin but made it oily. I returned this to Sephora.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was an okay overall cleanser. I tought it was kinda over priced and think it just would be cheaper to use any unscented and all natural baby cleanser on the market. It leaves you skin clean like it claims but most soaps do that. I guess if you have sensitive skin this is any okay product line. I got mine as a gift but probaly would not puchase it on my own due to the price.

on 7/26/2008 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. It really does its job. The only thing I don't like about it is that it take awhile to rinse off. But I love not having to use a separate toner. Most of my makeup just melts away with this cleanser. And doesn't irritate my eyes.

on 7/22/2008 6:18:00 AM

gentle creamy/milky cleanser. leaves residue... somehow leaves a little dryness too?

I tried this a few years ago after reading rave reviews on it and was VERY dissapointed. I returned it.