December 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a GWP. Initially I dod not like it because it was quite thin and didn't give my lashes the oomph I like. I tried it again a couple weeks later and I two compliments in two days about how long my lashes were. I've got Asian lashes that are fairly long in the first place, but I was happy with the compliments. This mascara is nice and dark and it builds even fullness and length. I add extra thickness and staying power by adding Illegal Lengths wp over top. I may buy this mascara in the full size, but in the meantime I will try out other cheaper brands. I love trying out new mascaras!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2004 9:35:00 AM More reviews by neene

This is a nice veeery black mascara, it gives me beautiful long and separate lashes, but not much volume. It also flakes a bit.
I tried a sample and probably would not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by AnnieOkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was anxious to try this for a full dramatic lash look. Alas, this instantly fused my lashes together ( think Joel Grey in "Cabaret") - I tried brushing with a lash comb between coats which helped, but not much. Too spiky and stiff. Thank goodness this was a free GWP. On the plus side, it didn't smudge and was easy to remove, but this is inferior to nearly every other I've tried :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2004 3:24:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This totally flattens my curl, even with a brand new Shishiedo eyelash curler! It does thicken a little bit, but there are MUCH better mascaras out there. A good thing however, is that it washes off very easily. I wear this on days when I'm not really going to go anywhere and too lazy to put on L'Oreal Voluminous WP(HG).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

I love Clinique's mascaras, since they never clump, so I thought this voluminizing formula would be a sure thing! Alas, I was wrong. This is a good mascara -- I give it 3.5 lippies. It gives some volume, but not a lot. It lengthens my lashes, but not a lot. Well, to be fair, it lengthens pretty well, but I was expecting more. Overall, this does make my lashes look a bit more thick, but my goal of long, fluffy lashes has not been met.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once again, another disappointing Clinique mascara. I guess every cosmetic line has it negative points. I got this as a GWP. At first I was excited because I thought it was going to look good, but it smudges horribly. When I first put it on, it seemed to make my lashes longer and didn't clump. This doesn't last long.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by raindrop909

This is SO not worth the expense... It hardly beats the $5 mascaras by maybelline and other cheap brands.

I've got to say it did its job, it gave me full dark beautiful lashes, but nothing above other brands. Also it started to clump in the tube REALLY quickly, a month at most.

So I doubt I'll buy again, it just isn't worth it when cheaper ones do the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Anastycia8311

This is the mascara I love to wear. Would consider purchasing on my own(Im a cheapskate when it comes to eye makeup,dont spend more than 3-6 bucks on mascara!)

ps:years ago stopped wearing mascara years on a regular basis because I found it a pain to take off each night and my lashes were getting sparse from falling out. This ones not waterproof but thats fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Chrissys16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of the dramatic, fuzzy-looking lash so I always like to use two - one for Volume, the other one for length. As for volume, L'oreal is (and always will be) my one and only HG, but I am constantly on the prowl for a new lengthening mascara. I will love one and then, as soon as it's lifespan is up, another one will come along and bump it off it's pedestal. Though Benefit Bad Gal will always be one in my lengthening rotation, I got this mascara in my free gift and must admit that I am quite impressed. Like Leslieal, I do agree that it reminds me a lot of Voluminous and I can also see how some of the reviews would describe it as "wet". It IS but I LOVE it!! After I put on my Voluminous, I use this just on the tips, concentrating on the outer corner for the flirty, doe-eyed effect!! Great stuff and this I actually WILL purchase when the sample runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2004 1:57:00 AM More reviews by jeannietey

This mascara is in good quality, which provide a smooth glossy finish to my lashes. It perfectly coat every lashes. My eyes look beautiful and more defined. I really hope it has waterproof version.