Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 2/21/2009 5:23:00 PM

I have been wearing Dermalogica treatment foundation for 6 years--and I just switched to Double Wear due to the great reviews on MUA. Bought it at Nordstroms--in Sand--I have olive, somewhat oily skin--and I love this makeup!! It makes my skin look naturally flawless. I am 55 and very particular--so I am very pleased to have found this product.

on 2/21/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. I have normal/dry skin and this goes on beautifully. I wore this foundation on my wedding day - it stayed on and didn't need to be touched up...the best part was that it didn't look like I had a lot of heavy makeup on.
My mother also wears this product and she swears by it. It is a little pricey, but I think it's definitely worth it.

on 2/21/2009 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have normal to dry skin and this is not the product for me. It really did last, but it brought out every line I have and made me look very harsh. Luckily I had a sample of this. When I went back to the counter the SA agreed that it was not the right foundation for anyone with even slightly dry skin.

I've just repurchased this in 'Sand', which works well with the warmth of my NC20 skin. I could probably afford to go a shade darker for the summer because it's really quite a light shade, especially seeing as I apply only a very light layer to my skin. The liquid applies evenly and provides superb coverage on both my normal (cheek) and oil-prone (T) areas. It stays in place until I remove it - no matter how long the day has been, or what the weather has thrown at it. I used to rely on pressed powders, loose powders, every kind of oil blotting paper etc to keep the oilies at bay, but now I apply nothing but the foundation. In fact, I find that the oil in my skin actually gives the foundation a subtle glow/sheen that lifts it from the dreaded 'maskiness' you risk with high coverage foundation.
Pros: very long lasting (no fading or streaking), great shade range, contains spf, only a small amount is needed to cover the face, skin looks flawless, transfer-resistant (no traces left on clothing or -worse still - on other people!)
Cons: can look heavy if you apply too thickly (a thin layer spread really quickly over well-moisturised skin with a foundation brush works for me), can be difficult to remove (I find a drop of pure jojoba or peanut oil and a face cloth does the job - and gets rid of mascara and lipstick, too), quite expensive (although you may not need to buy powders, which makes it easier to justify the cost), the pump-less glass bottle is a pain (but I've done the same as many other reviewers and adapted a MAC pump)

All in all, a very good product that out-performs the other long-wearing foundations I've tried. So far!

Update: I tend to use Boots No7 Intelligent Balance mousse as my daily foundation now - I find it so quick and easy to reply and it gives me a flawless finish. However, I've always got a bottle of DW on standby for occasions where I need longer lasting, transfer-resistant coverage. (IB is definitely not touch-proof, unfortunately.)

on 2/19/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is not bad at all... it makes my skin look pretty much flawless... the coverage is a little bit too heavy for me though. I would like to try something else thats a little bit lighter...

What I really love about this is the staying power... it stays all day without touch ups... just use my shiseido oil blotting sheets and we're ready to go!!

on 2/18/2009 4:51:00 PM

I wear foundation every day due to large pores and acne. Double wear is excellent for coverage, although does look like another layer ontop of your skin as it is very thick. The 'encru' shade is too dark for me, and 'shell'-the lightest is too pink. However, I would recommend for a lady with darker skin than mine, as it does last the whole day without rubbing off (and i'm a dental hygienist who wears a mask all day!).

on 2/15/2009 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At this time, I wear Double Wear on a daily basis. i do love the coverage of this foundation. I also think that the Double Wear last most of the day, especially if you touch up through out the day. However, due to the long wear, my skin has gotten worse since I started using this foundation. My pores on my nose have gotten bigger and look dirty most of the time after wearing this makeup. I now have to wear a pore minimizer to correct my pores. I will continue to use this foundation until I find another good one..which I hope is soon

on 2/15/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is the best foundation I've used and I have used alot of foundations in all price ranges. It gives a flawless look and covers almost everything. It sets up very quickly so I start out with a foundation brush and finish with a very light finger. I use a very small amount of Mark by avon face powder-it is the lightest coverage I've found in powder. Powder almost seems optional with this. I always use lotion and primer before I start. I hope they never discontinue this. Another great thing I love is that it does not come off on my clothes. I use 16 ECRU 1C and it is a perfect match for my winter skin. I may need it a bit darker when summer is here. Everytime I try a new foundation I come running back to this-LOVE IT SO MUCH!! It is HG for me.
**Update**8-6-09 This will really hold up well on long day events. It is amzing at looking great from 6am to 11pm and longer I'm sure. I've also been using this in the summer heat and have had no problems. It is so nice to have a product that stays put and does what it is suppose to. It takes some stress out of those long days. The more you use it the easier it is to work with and apply.

have been using double wear for 2 years.....This is good for me as im a product junkie and constantly like to try new things.
Iv used lots of foundations but this one cannot be beaten. Stays on all day or night and still looks fresh. Doesnt streak go patchy or shiny

The only down sides to this product is it doest have a pump with the bottle and it is hard to remove unless you have the right products. the ones id suggest
Clinique Take the day off Cleansing Balm
or
Loreal Demaq Elixir Concentrate for a cheaper alternative

on 2/13/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first tried DW but found that it was too heavy for me, so I was happy to find that they had DW light. I've been using the DW light for the past several months (~ 3):

PROS:

- great coverage (med - full, even thought it's advertised as med)
- lasted all day, even on my very oily skin
- great at controlling oil: when my skin got oilly during the day, my skin just appeared more radiant rather than a layer of oil sitting on my face

CONS:

- just like some of the reviewers here, could not get the right color, i was somewhere between 1 and 2 for the light and between 1W and 2W for the DW

- looked like I was wearing a ghostly white mask in every photo, regardless of the lighting

- the "radiance" that appears when my face gets oily makes my face look "plastic"...a fake skin effect. Also after a while, I noticed that even before my skin becomes oily, the foundation does not ever really look like real skin. Maybe its oil control technology creates that plastic look that becomes more apparent when oil appears.

BOTTOM LINE:

Will not repurchase because I cannot get over the slight fake skin look, color difference, and although I am not a huge fan of self-portraits, I cannot imagine looking for a separate foundation to keep around and only using it on days I "plan" to take photos....or worst, if my friend pulls out a camera, I would have to run and change my foundation....