October 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's definitely designed for those with: really dry/dry/slightly dry/normal skin, and not for those with relative amount of oil on a consistent basis. The reason being, the formula is such that it's very emollient, leaving a velvet feel to the skin. Your skin does feel as though it's being moisturized. The look is rather dewy as well, but not oily or greasy or wet looking. Just dewy. Imagine your skin after you've applied a light moisturizer and your skin has had the chance to absorb it all. That's the look and feel you will have when you apply this foundation. I also think this foundation is suited for people with mature skin. This is not to say that younger skins won't like this foundation. It's simply because of the velvety and emollient texture, plus light coverage makes it a great candidate for creating an even canvas for mature skin.

This formula does not have a lot of "powder" content, so the foundation will not look as though it's sitting on top of your skin, particularly in areas where there are cracks/lines. In other words, the foundation "moves" with your skin. That's not the case with foundations such as Revlon's Photoready Liquid Foundation. Photoready creates a powdery finish that emphasizes fine lines/cracks on your skin so you can tell if you've got foundation or not.

It has quite a sheer coverage. It gives your skin the look of having an overall glow with whatever shade that you choose. I find that it's not really buildable since it's so sheer. It doesn't last long like Revlon Colorstay because of its sheer coverage.

There are no specks of shimmer to it. It has a noticeable scent that's like a floral perfume. I really like the scent as it's a pleasant scent, and not over powering.

Downside is, the color you see in the bottle is NOT what you get when applied to skin. I got 120 Classic Ivory plus 235 Pure Beige and they both look like the color of real skin in the bottle but when you apply it to skin, they both have an orangey tinge to it, making my skin look rather tanned and quite orange. Paula Begoun warned about this on her site and it is indeed true. There were no actual testers at the store. I just thought that by matching the color in the bottle with my skin tone would suffice, but NOT the case! I would suggest taking advantage of the free samples that Maybelline is offering right now in Canada.

Another downside is the top lid. It's so loose that when you pick up the foundation by the black lid on top it can easily unscrew itself and you may easily drop the foundation bottle. You just don't get this with other foundations such as Revlon Colorstay, Revlon New Complexion, etc.

Got it on sale for just under $8 CDN b4 taxes; 30ml or 1 fl. oz. SPF 18.

Would I buy it again? Well, I do like the formula as I have dry skin, but since I also have sun discolorations, acne scars, I can't rely on this foundation alone to hide my "flaws." I can easily hide my flaws with Revlon Colorstay, however. Fit Me is an everyday foundation that requires "help" from other products such as a concealer. I will update this review after I play around with it some more.

**UPDATE**
What I'm finding now with Fit Me Foundation is the following:
-- it will come off on your hands or whatever that touches it
-- when used with a good oil absorbing powder such as Revlon Colorstay, Fit Me will remain pretty much the same way as when you first applied it, so it will not look or feel greasy. I wore Fit Me with Revlon Colorstay powder from 10am till 6pm and my foundation looked the same as when I first applied it. But since my skin is quite dry I found myself feeling rather uncomfortable throughout the day as the powder sucked and sucked the moisture out of my skin, especially in the cheek area. I applied my Colorstay powder all over the face so that my skin was evenly covered. Next time, I'm going to try using Fit Me with a powder that isn't strong in the oil absorbing department.
-- it retains the same velvet texture all day, but I don't know if this is because I had a strong oil absorbing powder on top of Fit Me.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by GlowFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I am 22 years old, I have combination skin - dry and acne prone & I am shade NC20 in MAC. I bought this foundation in shade 120 and it is a PERFECT match. I apply it using a stippling brush and I have found this is the best method for this particular foundation. The bottle itself isn't very special or different from many HIGH END to LOW END bottles, though it is a pretty bottle. K... so now onto the actual foundation - It is on the more "liquid side" thinner than Revlon Colorstay and about the same as NARS sheer glow. It goes on very easy, very blendable. Infact, more blendable than any foundation I have used so far. It's not hard work getting in to blend perfectly in with your skin. It is medium coverage and leaves a satin to dewy finish. It is LOVELY! Probably the only foundation that has looked like my skin just healthier and basically, just pretty. There's not much of a scent, maybe a faint one and it's actually a pleasant scent! I have about 10-12 different foundations and this is my #1. I like this better than many DS brand liquid foundations as it looks natural and unlike a mask. I haven't experienced any breakouts. I do use a primer underneath though so that may help if you are experiencing breakouts. It lasts about... 6-8 hrs before it starts to loose it's dewyness and starts to fade into your skin completely. I suggest getting the accompanying powder because the powder also provides a nice glowy finish. I also bought the concealer & blush in this line and all go very nice together. I really like this and I will repurchase it and who knows... This may be a HG for me! 5/5!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MPPRETTIES

After running out of MUFE HD, and my Cargo Foundation looking a bit dark on my skin these days, I needed something to use on my skin ASAP. The closest Sephora is 1hr+ away, and the closest Ulta is 45min+. I decided that I needed to go to Walgreens and find something to match my skin. I have had horrible experiences with L'oreal foundation which photographs like a nightmare, and remembered that when I used Maybelline Pure Stay a couple of years ago I got many compliments on my skin. My shade was Sand 70, but my local Walgreens carries only up to 50. I decided to buy a couple of shades of the FIT ME foundation, and a couple of bottles of Revlon Colorstay, since I have heard phenomenal things about the Colorstay. The Colorstay was runny, and felt too slick on my skin, even though I got the ones for oily skin. The FIT ME (which I applied with my Sephora Professional HD Brush) went on easily, felt comfortable and matched perfectly, even with a bright flash. The FIT ME however, did not dry to a powdery matte finish like I would have liked. It looked oily on my skin, and felt a bit tacky even after one hour. I decided to get the powder to match my foundation, and OMG! It looks perfectly airbrushed! I love it! The powder comes in a beautiful compact, which I love, but the foundation lacks a pump, which sucks. Overall, best drugstore foundation yet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a Maybelline foundation I actually like! I'm very pale and neutral toned. Maybelline foundations usually run very pink toned. In the past I have always had problems with getting a good color match. But I found the perfect match with this line! I'm shade 110 (NC15 for ref.). The color selection is very good for a drugstore brand. The finish is dewy, nice I like. It is light coverage, which I like. I have been blessed with very nice skin so I do not need heavy coverage. The packaging is very nice looking although I wish it had a pump, but most foundations don't anyway. The only con I have with this foundation is that it is not last long, even with primer and powder. This is not HG status, but it is good for everyday because it is cheaper than my MUFE HD( I only use when I want my skin to look really good because of the price). I will most likely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by NikiJewels

I find this to have a really heavy/thick feeling when it's applied .. it also looks really oily on the skin, but if you buy the powder and apply it over it looks better (: All and all I find it's really good for matching skin tone and it blends really well! And the package is pretty, but no pump :( ! So it just kinda pours out.. It's also really hard to wash off so you need to sorta scrub it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by shop74

Fit Me did not fit me ...if you have oily skin as many of others have said on here beware and do not use. This product gave me 2 huge pimples. It flared up my acne again. Nice packaging but that is about it. Very greasy feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I got this for around $3 at walgreens. It has sheer coverage but it looks really good with a powder foundation underneath. I use Benefit "Hello Flawless" and smooth this over it and it works great. Doesnt last long and it oxidizes. Go a shade or two lighter to avoid this. Wont be buying again, colorstay works for me still.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this...and it really does have its attributes.

For reference, my skin is approximately NW5-10; NARS Siberia is probably the best match, shade wise. Fit Me 110 (Porcelain) is definitely light enough, which is a plus; most foundations are too dark for me, even in the lightest formulation. Fit Me 110 is lighter than the MUFE HD 110, and less pink, but perhaps not as yellow as Siberia. I tried 115 (Ivory), too, and the difference between 110 and 115 is pretty drastic. 115 is a great deal more peachy pink, and 110 seems more neutral, even slightly yellow. It leaves decent coverage -- I thought it would be sheer, but it's surprisingly medium-range.

What I could not get over was the scent: I don't mind a bit of fragrance in my foundation, but I found this one to be overly perfumey -- a soapy, powdery smell -- which was a surprise, because the bottle looks so minimalist (and the line is marketed as such). I thought it might fade, but no luck -- it lingered on my skin. If you aren't bothered by the scent, you may really like this, though -- all in all, it's really a decent foundation for the price.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say that I really like this foundation. I have very oily skin and plenty of imperfections, and the coverage from this is pretty good. I really like the soft flower scent too. The color choice for my olive-y skin tone isnt terribly great, but I can mix shades to get a good match. I dont mind doing this because I can buy 3 of these foundations for less money than 1 bottle of any of my other foundations from Bobbi Brown, MUFE and Korres.
I dont get really greasy from this either. My skin is so oily that even MUFE Mat Velvet doesnt hold it at bay very much, but this stuff doesnt make my situation worse.
Also, I feel like when I first put this on, my skin looks like it has makeup on it, and then 5 minutes later my skin looks really nice and natural and smoother and somehow perfected. Its as if it takes a few minutes to adjust to your skin and actually "fit" your complexion. I use my SIgma flat top synthetic kabuki brush to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

Grr, I really, really wanted to love this! I was so sure this was my miracle foundation, and I was so sure I had found the one. Especially being as cheap as this is, I was even more hopeful. When I applied this the very first time, it was easy to blend, provided medium coverage and dried to a semi-matte natural finish. So far, so good. I went to the movies, so about 2-3 hours had elapsed by the time I got home. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my skin looked glowy and dewy, instead of oily. The foundation had settled into the fine lines around my mouth, but only slightly. So that was day one. On the second day, I woke up and did the same routine. But, this time I was out for around 6-7 hours before getting back home to get a good look. And, it definitely wasn't a good look.. more like a bad look. I was an orange mess, feeling like I belonged on the Jersey Shore. The foundation had oxidized on me and it was so much easier to see during the day, than it may have been the night before. If foundation oxidizes easily on you, this may not be worth it. Only give it a try if you've got a fantastic primer, probably silicone-based. Anyway, this wasnt even the worst part. I finally removed my makeup to be greeted by a red, irritated, burning, itchy rash on my forehead, the sides of my nose and chin. My skin really isn't even that sensitive. I am now left recovering from my irritation with extremely dry (oh, but still oily!) and extreme peeling of skin around my mouth. Sadly, this is not being repurchased, ever.