April 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like, not love the foundation. This is a light coverage foundation, so if you like full coverage do not waste your money on this product. This is were I would have my only complaint; although I love light coverage, I could just use a wee bit more. I have neutral, very fair skin and shade 110 matches me perfectly. I don't have acne prone skin, so I do not think it will break me out (knock on wood!) I usually swear by Nars sheer glow, but this has made its way into the rotation.

edit: After using this product for a few weeks, I'm starting to like it less and less. I have normal skin (not oily or dry) and this made my t-zone and chin a greasy mess. I'm not high maintenance, so the constant blotting and powdering is too much work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in shade 110 and it was a bit too light, but I could make it work as it is very blendable. I returned this however as it did not last very long (about 5 hours). It also accentuated the flakes on my cheeks that I am trying to get rid of. The coverage and texture was nice, but I usually don't have time to re-apply during the day. If this had lasted longer I would have kept it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Stacibravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation. I have dry skin, so the dewy finish is not an issue for me. The coverage is light, so it is not my everyday foundation, but it has it's place. I know a lot of people hate the screw-top with no pump, and I've heard ppl complain about it being messy. I don't have an issue with that. I simply pour out a dime size puddle onto my pallet and take my brush and swipe around the top to clean off the excess.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is very sensitive, break-out prone, and rarely gets along with products. Compound this problem with the fact that as I age, my skin has gotten drier and now REALLY has a problem finding a good makeup that doesn't look cakey, crepe-y, stuck in the pores, or whatever. I had worn minerals for several years and my skin is not looking good with them anymore (too dry). I read somewhere that FIT Me had a good smooth texture, so that made me want to try it.

The texture is very smooth and silky with a good slip, but is NOT greasy, and NOT thick and gooey. On my face, it looks natural and does not get stuck in pores or fine lines. The finish is like a natural, healthy satin skin - not shiny, not matte, not shimmery.

Now for color: I am cool-toned but cannot take too much pink because my face naturally gets pink by itself, and if there is too much pink in the makeup, it clashes with my neck. So many makeups are either too pink too yellow, too dark, too orange. FIT Me colors are more natural and not extreme pink or yellow: they are more subtle, which is a great thing.

The store had some testers so I tried 115, and 120 (one on each side of my face). I thought I would be best in 110, but they didn't have a tester for that. I was afraid 115 would be too pink, but was surprised to find it looks pinker in the bottle than it does on the skin. It was really pretty. 120 was a little too dark but honestly this makeup is very forgiving and I could get away with 120 if I had to. I bought the 110 which is fair, and blends better with my neck. But I could get away with 115 too as it had a healthy look to it, just more color.

The best part of this makeup is that in any mirror, my skin doesn't look made up and cakey, or thick, like lately all of them have been looking. I recommend this. My only wish is that it didn't have the parabens and so many chemicals.

EDIT: OK, after using this, I think either the perfume in it or whatever is just breaking out my skin. I also started getting little bumps so back to the store it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ClassynClean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS NEW FOUNDATION. I cant believe all the bad reviews...its definately a must try. Since turning 30, my skin has changed and ive tried every product out there from massively expensive high end brands to the DS stuff and I havent found any foundation that didnt look like i was wearing makeup, until this one. The formulation is medium coverage so its better than a tinted moisturizer but not heavy like a full coverage so its perfect for me. The other thing i love about it is that most foundations are either too matte or too glossy and this is perfectly inbetween as and gives just a dewy satin look - love it! Im super yellowy olive toned and have a hard time finding foundations yellow enough and this one has a whole range of colors that will FIT that bill throughout the year. Each tone ranges - light medium and dark have several yellow toned shades to choose from and one or so pink ones if you are one of those people that has that line of skin tone. In winter, right now, i am a 120 perfectly - never have i ever found a foundation that i didnt have to mix! its great. I also purchased 210, 220 and 320 for the spring and summer months. At $9 a piece its sooooo affordable. Dont be fooled by the bad reviews, try it for yourself - its waaay better than spending an arm and a leg on one expensive foundation from the higher brands. Im all for spending if the product is worth it but this one is fantastic so theres no need to spend more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by makeuprulesgirl

I love this foundation! It blends so well, has nice packaging, and makes me look flawless. It has great coverage! I love they have so many shade colors for every skin type and I got the perfect color. I have never had a makeup match my skin tone so well. I will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by nettiemaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I apologize - I had to rewrite my review. It's a total turnaround. I had it rated wonderfully. I had bought the darker color one - and noticed I had to go lighter. So back to the store I went. When I got the lighter colored one - it was a different consistency than the darker, didn't last as long - and didn't look that wonderful either - showing many of my not so great skin attributes, but I have seen alot worse. It was okay - The finish is pretty natural, it has medium coverage, it might be okay for someone looking for that finish - with less sensitive skin. Sorry to say - this is going back.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by helloxcupcake17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in shade 115 from Target - I think it was around $7 - 8. The consistency is VERY thin. This is not a full coverage foundation and I wouldn't even consider it medium coverage. It's almost like a tinted moisturizer in that it only provides a bit of color. For me, this is fine and shade 115 actually really did "fit me". It's my skintone in a bottle - only enhanced! This is my now my go-to foundation for those days when I don't feel like wearing much makeup but I still want to even and brighten my skin tone. It applies very nicely, very smooth, blends with ease. Staying power is pretty good - I applied around 7:30 am and my skin still looked nice around 7 pm that night. No oxidizing, no patches - but I have very dry skin. I'm not sure how it would react with oily skin. I think the packaging is very chic, however I wish it had a pump applicator - this is why I only gave it 4 out of 5.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

I really wanted to like this foundation- I had been using Maybelline Super Stay, which I love, but the Fit Me was on sale for $7.99, buy one get one half off, so I bought one for me and my daughter - both 120.

It's okay- for me with a little bit of redness on my cheeks, it just wasn't as much coverage as I wanted. I tried it alone, then with smashbox photo finish primer- I liked it with primer better, but still not as much as my Super Stay. I set it with powder- but I always do no matter what foundation I use.

I really like the feel of it- it was so light, and I didn't get any more shiny than I normally do- so that was a plus.

It's perfect for my daughter who doesn't need as much coverage as I do. So I will buy it for her, but stay with Super Stay for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by clsdabom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just awful. I was really excited to try it because I have very, very fair skin and have a hard time finding a foundation light enough for me that won't turn me orange, so much so that I eventually had to resort to spending $40 on Korean BB Cream, because it was the only make up fair enough for my skin tone...when I saw the 110 shade in the store for $6, I was like "YES! Finally something that will match my skin and won't rob me of all my money!" So, of course I had to try it.
I have tons of acne scars on my face, so I need significant coverage, and this FIT foundation just does NOT deliver, it's practically transparent!! I put it on to try it out about 10 minutes ago, and I had to reapply it THREE TIMES to my nose because everytime I tried to set it with powder or even lightly touched my face, it just slid around and rubbed off. Now, I usually would attribute this to my combination skin, my nose and chin are very oily, so make up tends not to stick very well in those areas, but I applied a very good oil control serum and allowed it to absorb just a few minutes before applying foundation, so my face was totally mattified. I eventually just had to apply my BB cream to my nose to provide myself with the coverage I needed. The rest of my face just has the FIT foundation, though, and even as I type, it feels like it's melting off my face, even in the non-oily areas, and it is DISGUSTING! I'm going to go wash it off as soon as I get done with typing this review. Guess I'll just have to wait till my next paycheck and splurge on BB cream again, because I am NOT wasting another cent on this crap. -_-

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No