Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 3/28/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very basic cream eyeliner. I do have a little problem with the eyeliner transferring to the bottom of my eyes and I hate wiping my eyes because I just feel like I'm wiping myself to wrinkles. I don't know if it's just my mascara expiring or if it's just this eyeliner isn't very friendly to the lash line (I'll try to update this after I get a new tube of mascara and get down to this problem). It was a nice black colour, very easy to glide on the eye and it actually has very nice staying power. I tested this on my hand before school, I forgot to wash it off, and no matter how much I smudged or washed with soap, this would not budge, a very good sign. The brush that it comes with this is very precise however I prefer thicker lines and using the flat side is much too thick, so I purchased my own angled eyeliner brush and it worked perfectly. Using an angled eyeliner brush it is much quicker to apply with and is easy to control. I, however, don't like how I cant see the product on the inside of the pot, even though it has quite a thick base and yet there's nothing being displayed. Either way, a very good, basic cream eyeliner. Would purchase again, but only on sale.

on 3/27/2010 8:20:00 PM

I've only used this one a few times since I prefer the liquid liners.
It didn't go on dark enough for me and I had to 'go-over' it a few times to get the deep color I desired.
It didn't appear to be water resistant and that's important to me...Overall it did have a nice brush and wasn't too bad if gel is what you like.

on 3/27/2010 1:40:00 PM

Pros:
1. very creamy and easy to apply
2. good color pay off
3. excellent brush
4. available at most drugstores

Cons:
1. smudges like CRAZY even with powder on my lids (worked well with the Clinique cream liner) and I looked like a raccoon within fours hours.
2. quite expensive for a drugstore product-- about $10

Overall, I will not buy this product again. I will rather spend a few more bucks to get a better quality eyeliner.

on 3/27/2010 12:09:00 AM

I will be the first to admit that I am not skilled at eyeliner application. I'm not too crazy about pencil liners, and I absolutely hate liquid. Before this, I had been using Bobbi Brown, but I was getting tired of paying the price, and quite honestly I didn't think it was worth it. MAC Fluidline flaked and smudged on me.

So anyway, I had been eyeing this everytime I would go into Rite Aid, contemplating whether to get it, but always chickening out. When I saw that it had MUA's seal of approval, I decided to give it a shot.

Whelp, I'm in love people. This is one amazing gel liner. It lasts all day, doesn't smudge, flake, or get in my eyes. (I wear contacts) I have it in Blackest Black and Eggplant, and I intend to add Charcoal and Brown to my collection also.

The best thing about this eyeliner though, is the brush. Usually drugstore gel liners have the crappiest of brushes. (aka, L'oreal HIP!)
The brush is flat and small, and very dense. It's easy to make a thin or thick line, depending on which side of the brush you use. It's perfect for making wings, which I had trouble with before.

I LOVE THIS EYELINER! HG. Period.
Try it out, you'll love it!

on 3/26/2010 6:16:00 PM

I got this in purple...after wearing it for a while, it started looking brown to me (but I think that's just me because I'm used to wearing brown liquid liner)

I really like the brush and how smoothly it went on my lid...definitely satisfied with this product, and I got it for only $3.69 at Rite Aid!

on 3/26/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Before finding these little gems, I was wearing UD 24/7 liners and BB. I honestly bought it for the brush that comes with it, because I was getting tired of my Smashbox liner brush and wanted something flat. I didn't think I would even like the actual liners, but I honestly LOVE them. Since I bought this, I haven't ONCE reached for my high-end liners. Charcoal is my favorite. It literally goes with anything! It starts out a little sheer and can be quickly built up to an opaque layer. On top of my primer (I like UDPP or E.L.F. mineral primer), it lasts an entire day with barely any fading. I will absolutely repurchase when I run out!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have tried gel liners from big players such as Smashbox and Bobbi Brown. I have tried countless other eyeliners and nothing compares to this product. Application is smooth and not clumpy. It doesn't dry out like the other brands. Maybelline hit it out of the ball park with this product. Affordable and with an even better formula than all other liners I have tried...I will never stop buying this one! You must try it!

on 3/25/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Doesn't smude, lasts all day, easy to apply, affordable - I love this eyeliner!!!

on 3/24/2010 11:30:00 PM

I bought this in brown because I have been looking for a gel liner that is similar to the wet n wild one I use all the time. This is way to creamy for me and just not dark enough- I can still see my skin through the liner. WnW is the best drugstore gel liner hands down but they don't have a variety of shades. I was hoping this would be what I had been hoping for but its not and I never use it.

on 3/24/2010 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this product also! That seems to be the trend here. This is the first gel/creme eyeliner I've ever tried. It was a very small learning curve to figure out how to use it. I will say that this is actually easier to use than a liquid, pencil, powder or pen. I originally started with a pencil, which can be tough to get a bold line. Powders have fallout. A pen always looks like you literally used a magic marker. And a liquid can be hard to control and get out of control really quickly. This is perfect. A bold, perfectly controlled line. This also miraculously enables me to achieve a cat eye a lot easier too. The brush that comes with this is perfect also, but requires cleaning about every two applications, which can be sort of inconvenient. This doesn't smudge, run, flake, or do anything silly. Love!

Video Reviews & Tutorials