December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by trujrzygirl

I've tried so many eyeliners and they all seemed to never last long than 1 hour on me, then I would have to reapply. They'd either fade away or smudge and look awful ... Annoying. I figured for the price of this Maybelline Eyestudio is was worth the price. And, low and behold !! It lasts ALL day on me - I LOVE it !

I would definitely buy again. In fact, it will probably be the only eyeliner I use going forward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I use gel liners all my life almost daily and the others I've tried are-stila smudge pot, mac fluidline, bobbi brown gel and wet n wild gel. I would say that this one is quite decent for a drugstore liner and comparable to bobbi brown or stilla but def not better than mac's fluidline. I use black gel liner daily and I find that this one is not super black like mac's. The formula is a bit dryer and less creamy than mac and that makes it harder to apply, there is more tugging. Also, I need to use more and don't get the same intensity as mac. It doesn't stay on as well as mac, both of which isn't perfectly waterproof but this one is less smudgeproof. A lot of the product is gone by the end of the day and it just doesn't make my eyes pop that much like mac. I guess the price is slightly better its cheaper by like three dollars I would say buy this over bobbi brown or stilla's gel liners but not over fluidline.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Veneziano

This is my favorite eyeliner. I used to use L'Oreal HIP Cream liner in black all the time but when this went on sale I got it 40% off, and immediately fell in love with it. It lasts longer than all of my eyeliners, including HIP. It is also darker and more fluid than HIP, and the brush that comes with it is actually really good. It's smooth and easy to apply and I can even wing my eyeliner out now! I love it so much, when I apply it on heavily with my Carbon Black mascara my eyelashes look huge. Applied on just the lashline is what I do for everyday. I don't even need to tug or pull on my eyes to apply this evenly. I want this in every color!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by tohru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it has good packaging and the price is dirt cheap (they give it a brush too!!!).

However it dosen't stay "long lasting" in my eyes, but still this product is great...coz none of any eyeliner I've tried could stay long in my eyes (incld. bobbi brown).

You should try it, coz it super cheap...no pain in getting this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lindsay646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is awesome and a great deal for about 8 bucks....its the easiest eyeliner I have ever applied! Definitely purchasing more colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was playing around with Bobbi Briown's gel liner the other day, and loved it. I then saw this at Target, so I went home to check out the reviews on here. They were positive, so I went for it... and I'm glad I did.
This stuff is great, and so much cheaper! I actually like the little brush that came with it. Now I just want more colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

I purchased this in the eggplant shade and like it alot, because it does NOT go on dark and opaque in one application. I am 51 with brown eyes and have noticed as I age that dark eyeliners have started to look harsh on me and even make my eyes appear smaller, not larger. For those reasons, I have switched to using bronze, grey and purple liners. While I love the precision line you get with a cake liner and flat brush (Laura Mercier), this gel works for me because one brushload gives a noticeable but translucent line. It's also a thicker line than I get with a cake liner, which because of the translucent quality, is just fine. If this stuff went on opaque, I'd look like a hooker, lol. Packaging is nice and you get a nifty, stiff little brush which actually works quite well. Don't know if everyone would like this formula, but it works well for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

Well, I no longer need to spend a lot of money on Bobbi Brown or MAC gel liners! This stuff is just as good, and is over half of the price. Yes, $8 is a lot for a Maybelline eyeliner, but it's not a lot for the gel that you get! I have this in black, and it is a softer black- not too dramatic. Goes on easily (I haven't used the brush it comes with because I prefer one I have, but it looks great), stays put, looks flawless. Will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and so far I adore it. This is the first black gel liner I've bought and it goes on like a dream. I don't mind the brush that comes with it but I prefer to use my Buxom Lashliner Brush. It is very buildable and once you build it up it's an intense black. It's so easy to tightline with and it really stays on the waterline. I bought this for $10 which is a little more expensive than I would like for a drugstore eyeliner but it's cheaper than the HIP one so I'm cool with that. In the future I'd love to try other gel liners but this is an absolutely fantastic product that's beginner friendly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sabine

I have been using Bobbi Brown gel liner forever and think it's just incredible and will always be my number one, but I still hunt for a cheaper alternative, especially since I want to try other colors. And here it is! It averages about $10 which is costly for Maybelline, but it comes with a stiff, little brush that is perfect for applying it with. Considering you can often find it on sale and/or coupon, I think it's worth it.

I really really like it. I got it in brown, which at first I was hoping for a darker brown, but now realizing that maybe I just like black liner only, lol...I am tempted to get it in black to compare to BB gel liner, but why the heck would I do that if I love BB?! :)

Get this - it's awesome.