October 21, 2014 | 943 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was playing around with Bobbi Briown's gel liner the other day, and loved it. I then saw this at Target, so I went home to check out the reviews on here. They were positive, so I went for it... and I'm glad I did.
This stuff is great, and so much cheaper! I actually like the little brush that came with it. Now I just want more colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

I purchased this in the eggplant shade and like it alot, because it does NOT go on dark and opaque in one application. I am 51 with brown eyes and have noticed as I age that dark eyeliners have started to look harsh on me and even make my eyes appear smaller, not larger. For those reasons, I have switched to using bronze, grey and purple liners. While I love the precision line you get with a cake liner and flat brush (Laura Mercier), this gel works for me because one brushload gives a noticeable but translucent line. It's also a thicker line than I get with a cake liner, which because of the translucent quality, is just fine. If this stuff went on opaque, I'd look like a hooker, lol. Packaging is nice and you get a nifty, stiff little brush which actually works quite well. Don't know if everyone would like this formula, but it works well for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

Well, I no longer need to spend a lot of money on Bobbi Brown or MAC gel liners! This stuff is just as good, and is over half of the price. Yes, $8 is a lot for a Maybelline eyeliner, but it's not a lot for the gel that you get! I have this in black, and it is a softer black- not too dramatic. Goes on easily (I haven't used the brush it comes with because I prefer one I have, but it looks great), stays put, looks flawless. Will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and so far I adore it. This is the first black gel liner I've bought and it goes on like a dream. I don't mind the brush that comes with it but I prefer to use my Buxom Lashliner Brush. It is very buildable and once you build it up it's an intense black. It's so easy to tightline with and it really stays on the waterline. I bought this for $10 which is a little more expensive than I would like for a drugstore eyeliner but it's cheaper than the HIP one so I'm cool with that. In the future I'd love to try other gel liners but this is an absolutely fantastic product that's beginner friendly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sabine

I have been using Bobbi Brown gel liner forever and think it's just incredible and will always be my number one, but I still hunt for a cheaper alternative, especially since I want to try other colors. And here it is! It averages about $10 which is costly for Maybelline, but it comes with a stiff, little brush that is perfect for applying it with. Considering you can often find it on sale and/or coupon, I think it's worth it.

I really really like it. I got it in brown, which at first I was hoping for a darker brown, but now realizing that maybe I just like black liner only, lol...I am tempted to get it in black to compare to BB gel liner, but why the heck would I do that if I love BB?! :)

Get this - it's awesome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like gel liners a lot - if I line my top lashes, I use gel liners with a brush. I usually only line my upper waterline (with Prestige Total Intensity liners - see my reviews!), and put a coat of mascara on, and go.

But if I want a more dramatic look, I line my upper lash as well. These are nice, have good staying power, and come in some nice, versatile colors. I have Charcoal (love!), Eggplant, and Brown.

I've used a lot of gel liners, from MAC, BB, to Jane, and now Maybelline. These are creamy, easy to work with. I've only used my Charcoal one so far - so I cannot comment on the Brown, and Eggplant. I've heard these are a bit more sheer than MAC and BB - Charcoal is maybe a little more sheer than MAC and BB charcoal gel liners I've had, so I can agree with that.

I bought Charcoal when I first saw these, and then got BOGO50% off at ULTA for Eggplant, and Brown. I believe these are around $10. They are great for the price, and will last a long time. They do come with a brush, that surprisingly isn't awful or scratchy. I use my own brush, but these aren't bad as far as these types of things go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using the MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner, waiting for a cheaper alternative. And here it is! It may be around 10$, costly for Maybelline, but it comes with a stiff, little brush that is perfect for applying it with.

It's a cute little pot and it comes in great colors. I bought the purple and the gray and I think gemtones like a dark green would be a perfect addition. The colors are nicely pigmented and are easy to control and layer. No need to sharpen any eye pencils or buy an eyeliner brush - this is the full package. It doesn't smell funny either or become clumpy on the brush, it's smooth. And big plus - it really lasts all day, even with a splash of cold water to the face!

Pro's: Good colors, smooth and not clumpy, stays on, great packaging and brush
Con's: Pricey for Maybelline eyeliner, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I couldn't find the Wet N Wild creme eyeliner in a similar looking pot, which I was surpised I loved so dearly, BTW, so I decided to try this instead.
Obviously it's a little more money than Wet N Wild, but still cheap as far as makeup goes...
As for how it works- LOVE IT!
I started with the brown, and it's a perfect shade for me; not too dark, not too pale. And it stays on and doesn't melt like half the eyeliners I've tried lately.

I was very impressed with the brush, which I will keep long after the pots are empty....

After liking the brown so much, I went back for the purple, and I was so excited to see that it's this nice shimmery metallic purple that's absolutely gorgeous and makes my eyes pop wonderfully.

I will so buy again, couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tina97201

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friends in Asia have been raving about this eyeliner ever since it came out last year. I have very very oily eyes and had been hoping Maybelline would start selling it in USA. When I finally saw it in the local drug store, I immeidately grabbed the brown and darkest black.

This is the only gel eyeliner that does NOT smuge on me. The brush is great! I never knew that applying gel eyeliner could be so easy. This is a very decent product. Will definately repurchase and recommond to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

I bought the brown liner.
This is very similar to the Smashbox Gel Liner that's made for your waterline. Frankly I'm surprised that a drugstore brand has taken this long to come out with a decent one (I hate the HIP liner) The brush that it comes with is PERFECT. The brown is perfect for my super light skin for everyday. I have yet to see if it will last as long as it says it will but I already know that I'll be going back tomorrow to get the black.