October 25, 2014 | 1080 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love! I use this every day under my eye makeup, and not only does it keep it from fading (even when I have fallen asleep with MU on, shameful) it makes the colors so much more vibrant. I have also used UDPP, and I like this better, partly because of the packaging. You can get all of it out of the tube and I like the tube applicator better than the doefoot. UPDATE: I have fallen asleep with heavy eye makeup on using this (hangs head) and woke up with 90% still in tact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by centric

I didn't spend $16 to saw open a bottle, so I thanked what almighty power sent down this tube of TSFI to earth when I discovered it at Sephora. UDPP lasted me a night of clubbing, days of dance practice, but always seemed to crease my shadows.

UDPP's packaging is cute and everything, but in my army of cosmetic goods, I need something fast and easy to squeeze product out of. Especially when it's just primer/base! I'd rather spend 30 more seconds blending than trying to wipe excess product off that dang wand or trying to scoop out more product from the bottom. Squeeze and go! That's how it should be.

TSFI has a silkier texture than UDPP, which goes on creamy. People with oily lids may dislike the consistency, as UDPP probably works better for them because it's more drying. Personally, my lids are somewhere in between but TSFI still kept them oil-free.

This is a staple when it comes to great eye makeup. And hey, $1 extra for 0.01g more product and a better container is not bad. Not bad at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by kissmeimacat

Before i bought this product, i was at sephora trying all different ones and picked this one and love it. I love the thin texture, the bottle, everything. Unlike the other types in the tubs, this keeps bacteria out and makes sure you can get every last drop.

If i apply it in the morning, it will literally last way into the night for me. From 9AM to 11PM, on less greasier days i think. But this has seriously made me a shadow addict. Also great just to keep eyeliner from smudging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeshadow primer. I have oily lids and it works just as well as UDPP. I like this much more because of the the packaging and texture. The packaging is much more sanitary and much easier to get all the products out. And the texture is much more smoother. I found that UDPP has some chunks in it and it has a much thicker consistency so it's harder to blend on my lid. I've also introduced this to all my friends and they all love it. Think the only bad thing about this is that the product do separate if you haven't used it for a while. All you have to do is shake it or squeeze the tube while it's close to mix it up and it'll be as good as new. I've been using this product for a year now and I think I'm only halfway done and I use it almost everyday. I say it's a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So many people have already written reviews on this product so i guess the most helpful thing i can say is that i like this more than Urban Decay Primer Potion. I had to cut open my UDPP to get all of it out and then it dried out (probably my fault since i put it in a cheap plastic screw top container, but shouldn't the original packaging be good enough that i don't have to break it open to use all the product??). I can't do a side by side test because i would be comparing a brand new shadow insurance to a somewhat dried out UDPP but i can't remember the UDPP ever being this creamy and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by asherbaby87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super oily eyelids and this stuff really works. I always bought eyeshadow after eyeshadow but couldn't really wear it because it always creased within the hour before I even left the house. This stuff is awesome. A little really does go a long way and packaging is great. Blending isn't 100% but it's not that bad. I will definitely purchase SI again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by katelovesmac

I have not tried UDDP so can't compare it to that but... Shadow Insurance is a really great product. It does what it says, it keeps your shadows crease free, makes them more vibrant and keeps them on all day. The packaging is also cute and a little bit of product goes a long way.I have tried it both with drugstore and high-end shadows. This is a great eyeshadow base and I will be buying more when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have not tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I will not be comparing it to that. This was my first primer, and I was very pleased. I have very oily eyelids, and everytime I wore eyeshadow, it always creased and faded. This baby though, keeps it from creasing and fading.
Now the only problem I had with this is that I found that it's very hard to blend. I usually have 30 minutes to do my makeup, but even with all that time, with this primer it takes at least 20 minutes just for the eyes because it's so hard to blend! Blending is the key to flawless makeup, and I find myself having to work very hard blending and blending and blending! I stopped wearing smokey eyes because of this.

Overall, it's a great product, I'm okay with the tube packaging, but I have to take down 1 lippie because it makes eyeshadow so hard to blend because all the powder sticks on the eyelid. I will be purchasing the UDPP next time, just to see if it's easier for me to blend my makeup. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mkellor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I have very oily lids and had actually stopped wearing most shadow or liners because they didn't last or would "melt." This product has changed all that -- whatever I put on after SI looks looks pretty much perfect 12+ hours later. By the way, I have also used Urban Decay's Potion but it totally didn't work for me. Go buy some Shadow Insurance if you have any creasing/melting eyeshadow issues -- it's really worth it! When I run out of this tube I will be making a mad dash to Sephora because it is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Crazy oily eyelids used to leave me looking like a cracked out raccoon at the end of the day. A dollop of TFSI in the morning keeps my eye make up looking fresh allllll day long! ADORE!

PS: Packaging is ace, you get to squeeze every last bit out of the tube! Woooop!