Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I like this product a lot. Its nice and smooth texture and the packaging is awesome. But it does seem to stop working after it hits seven hours or so.

This seems to keep my shadow looking more like it's supposed to at the end of the day than other primers I've tried. Even though you only need a little, it does take it a little while to dry so that it doesn't crease. I have a little discoloration under one eyebrow and have to use a small amount of concealer under it before I apply this. I didn't have to apply concealer when I used MAC eye primer but then my e/s didn't look as good for as long as it does with this primer, either.

on 1/31/2009 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Excellent eyeshadow primer. You need just the slightest bit for each eyelid, spreads like a dream, is not drying (unlike UDPP, which I couldn't stand). It is a light beige, but does not appear to add any color to the eyelid. No creasing and eyeshadows last 12 hours on me. The tube packaging is perfect -- you can easily squeeze out a tiny amount for each lid, no contamination, no waste. I previously used Alexandra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which comes in a pot; in comparison TFSI is quicker to apply and more sanitary, seems to hold shadows a bit better, is a tad more moisturizing, and is cheaper and easier to find. If you find UDPP drying or frustrating, give TFSI a try!

on 1/30/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this because it seems like everyone and their mom is recommending it, and to be honest I was pretty disappointed. My eye shadow still creases in about an hour or two, and I don't have oily skin/oily lids. I will say that it makes the shadow color more vibrant, but no, creasing still happens. I won't buy it again, it's no miracle worker like everyone seems to praise it.

on 1/28/2009 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I loved this, then I found that I like the urban decay alternative even more. They do the same thing, but the urban one has a creamier consistency that i prefer. But this product definitely is worth it, and I'll probably repurchase depending on which of the two gives better deals.

on 1/27/2009 11:53:00 PM

LOVE IT!! I never get creases. It's one of the best things ever invented!

on 1/26/2009 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't have very oily lids. I guess I'd call them just normal.
But this stuff has my complete approval. I spent from the evening of one day to the morning of the next (in between I cried twice and slept) with this stuff on under my eyeshadow and it didn't budge. No creasing, no fading. That's frickin' amazing!

So when I bought this product, I was debating over this one or UDPP. But I preferred the packaging on the TFSI, so I bought this one instead. Overall, it does do what it says it suppose to do. It does prevent creasing for the first 5-7 hours. But once it hits more than 7 hours, it starts to crease and fade, and my lids become oily.. but still manageable looking. I think if you don't have super oily lids, this product would be great. But if you have super oily lids, I think UDPP would work better except their packaging sucks. I wouldn't actually buy this product again because my lids tend to be much more oily.

on 1/22/2009 2:17:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. I prefer the packaging over UDPP but I feel like UDPP works better if you have oily eyelids. Shadow Insurance is much creamier but I feel like it didn't last as long on my oily lids. I wish UDPP would switch up their packaging!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using TFSI for several months now after finishing a tube of UDPP (had DH cut it in half and scooped the remaining product into a jar). Although UDPP did a great job of keeping my eyeshadow in place, I wanted to give TFSI a try largely due to the more convenient packaging and it had been recommended on the MU board as a bit more comfortable for those with dry skin. True to word, TFSI is more emollient-feeling than UDPP which means that it spreads/blends over the eyelid much easier IMO. Although I never experienced flaky skin or extreme eyelid dryness while using UDPP, my eyelid skin would tend to feel a bit dry/tight by the end of the day. In contrast, TFSI feels comfortable all day long. I find that the lasting power of my eyeshadows is the same with both products, although I feel like UDPP "grabs" the e/s a bit more which makes blending difficult. Also, as a PPP I don't always want a strong wash of e/s so TFSI is a better choice for my day-to-day looks. For me, the true test of an eyeshadow primer is how it handles a single eyeshadow in my collection -- UD Smog. I love the color of this e/s but over the years I have never found anything that will allow this shade to stay on all day without terrible creasing and fading (this is the ONLY e/s I have with this problem). With TFSI, Smog worn as a wash on the lid actually stayed fairly true to color all day and did not crease until after 5 pm. Not a spectacular performance by any means, BUT for an e/s that typically becomes a hot mess by lunchtime I was impressed. For me, TFSI is a better choice than UDPP but I think they are both fantastic products that make a big difference in the lasting power of my eyeshadows.