August 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mkellor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I have very oily lids and had actually stopped wearing most shadow or liners because they didn't last or would "melt." This product has changed all that -- whatever I put on after SI looks looks pretty much perfect 12+ hours later. By the way, I have also used Urban Decay's Potion but it totally didn't work for me. Go buy some Shadow Insurance if you have any creasing/melting eyeshadow issues -- it's really worth it! When I run out of this tube I will be making a mad dash to Sephora because it is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Crazy oily eyelids used to leave me looking like a cracked out raccoon at the end of the day. A dollop of TFSI in the morning keeps my eye make up looking fresh allllll day long! ADORE!

PS: Packaging is ace, you get to squeeze every last bit out of the tube! Woooop!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So glad I tried this product! After being disappointed with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I found that I liked this product MUCH better. The formula has a silkier feel to it than UDPP, and is not drying for my eyelids. It does a fabulous job at preventing shadow creasing, and it takes just a tiny drop for both lids, so I think it's a great value as well. The tube packaging is perfect for this type of product as well-sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. If I ever get through this tube, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by InTheFade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this because I was sick of having my eyeshadow go all yucky and creasy at work. Also admittedly because you can't get the urban decay primer potion at any retail stores in Sydney, Australia that I've found.

I'm so glad I bought this. A tiny little squeeze covers my whole lid and up to my eyebrow. It dries quickly and really grabs onto my eyeshadow, making the colour payoff much greater with less shadow.

I have very oily eyelids and thought that this wouldn't really make a difference, but I'm yet to notice any creasing at all (even after 15+ hours of wearing it, with no reapplications).

It's now part of my daily eyeshadow routine. It's cut the amount of time I need to spend applying my eyeshadow as I only need to use a little bit.

Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! Its easy to apply, blends easily and does its job. I also have UDPP, which also keeps my shadow on, but I find it not as easily blendable as TFSI - I'm also scared of it drying out on me, lol and running out fast because of the bottle shape. I will definitly purchase TFSI again when I run out, its really a great little product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Godsent. This stuff beats out Urban Decay's Primer Potion anyday. It's silky and keeps my eyeshadow put all day. Although it's a dollar more than UDPP (if you think this is a reason not to buy TFSI, wowww....) it is SOO worth it. Here's why:

~ It's more hygenic- UDPP has a wand that you have to use to apply the product to your eyelid then dip back into the container, which ultimately makes the little genie bottle a haven for bacteria. TFSI is instead in a squeezy tube that has a tiny hole at the end to prevent the primer from drying out.

~ The packaging is so much better- The packaging, my goodness the packaging! I can get out every last bit of product and put it to good use! Curves should be flaunted, but not when it comes to a bottle! So much stuff gets left behind in those dents UDPP has. Cutting through it is a pain and the stuff usually dries out after a couple of weeks when you transfer it.

~ Texture- TFSI is silky and very smooth. I think it is better for people with normal to dry eyelids, whereas UDPP is better for oily since it is a bit drying. I don't have excessively oily or dry lids, so I like my Too Faced.

~ For you people who are still thinking a DOLLAR is too much, might it help to know that there is .01 fl oz more product in TFSI? =]

EDIT 11/26/08: I went to swim practice last night, and when I got home and looked in the mirror I was so suprised. My eyeshadow and liner stayed put and looked almost exactly the same as when I first put it on! It would probably be safe to say that this keeps your eyeshadow pretty waterproof since it lasted through a 2 hour swim practice! =]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by franny06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have exceptionally oily eyelids, but remain stubbornly resolved to find a primer/shadow/liner combination that permits me to indulge in my fondness for dramatic eye makeup...
Of the array of primers I've sampled, including UDPP, this is definitely the best. If I'm careful to cover the most oil-prone parts of my eye area, my eye makeup does not budge until I choose to remove it -- sometimes after upwards of 12 hours. I found SI to have two advantages over UDPP. First, it's far less drying than UDPP. Initially, I deemed UDPP a godsend for my oily lids, but it quickly fell out of favour when I realised my lids were starting to get crepey and apparently...droopy (this might be rather attributable to some sort of minor allergic reaction that produced just barely detectible under-the-skin bumps...? Whatever the case, my lower lid was disappearing...). The second advantage is that the packaging allows you to use up every last bit of product. (Note, though, that I do appreciate the 'wand' feature of UDPP -- if only they'd change the shape of the bottle; it defies logic!)
I'll never feel particularly excited about shelling out $20 for a primer, but given that this actually works, it's probably the best value out there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

well I cant believe I am going to say this but this shadow primer is in my opinion better then UDPP. UDPP is good and makes my shadows last all night but I find my eyelids feel really dry and its hard to blend my eye shadows after using it.

The too faced one is much easier to blend the eye shadows and the eyeshadows appear more vibrant. My eyeshadow and liner last through clubbing and also a 12 hour day in a very stressful job. I mst say I am very impressed and will definatly buy this again over UDPP.

vicky

ps. Forgot to mention the packaging with too faced allos you to use all the product whereas UDPP is a little more diffacult to use all the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by christyxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this after all the rave on the boards. Creased after a few hours. Will be going back to UDPP, which makes my shadow last all night, even after clubbing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

UMM...what will I do without you, Too Faced Shadow Insurance?!? I was using MAC paint pots and shadesticks and the notorious Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP for ya'll makeupalley'ers) and this product blows each and every one of them out of the water. My eyelids are supercalafragilisticly O I L Y and this stops all creasing, melting, and fading of my precious and expensive eyeshadows from MAC. I swear I will cry if they ever discontinue this product. I actually tried this product on one eye and UPDD with a paint pot on the other and the Too Faced creased after 12 hours and the other eye creased after 2 hours. So the results?? I am converting to Too Faced. Also, the shadows are soooo vibrant with this base and easier to blend which is important to me. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made in my makeup kit.