MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/17/2010 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried soo many foundations, and they have either dried out my skin or made it super oily.. Not this! I've finally found my solution. This foundation brings my skin to a happy medium. I use loose powder from CoverGirl to set it. It has such a clean, fresh, and soft finish. You really would not believe how perfect this makes your skin look! I'm NW15, which is the lightest shade, so lucky! It's $26, but I feel it will last a while. The only thing I have a problem with, is the way you have to dispense the product.. If it had a pump, it would be perfect. I will repurchase the second I run out..

continued >>

on 7/16/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A good product with amazing coverage. I always revert back to this foundation when a different brand isn't quite working for me. I love it.
The only con about this foundation is not having the pump come with the product.

on 7/15/2010 10:59:00 PM

I am so glad I gave this foundation a try. After hearing so many negative things about it I never thought of trying it until now. I've used MUFE HD, Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Hourglass Veil, Stila, Smashbox, Revlon Colorstay.. and nothing.....NOTHING has made my oily skin (NC30) look more flawless. I'm so happy that I finally found the perfect foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

im a pale asian with horrible acne. Acne scars are especially bad for me because im so pale. the first bottle of studio fix fluid i got was NC20. i got it at the mac counter at the bay and it looked really good in their soft lighted counter but when i got home and i was looking at my skin by the window, you could tell that the foundation was too orangy for my skin but it wasnt that bad so i just kept it and used up the entire bottle. I love the texture and coverage it gave me but the colour just wasnt right. so when i finally finished the entire bottle i went to he mac counter today and the lady gave me an nc 35. she told me that bc the nc 20 foundation was too light for my skin that it looked orangy. i didnt really believe her but i still let her try what she thought was right for me: nc 35. I was like "holy are u kidding me?" bc im so pale but again the lighting at the counter makes everyone look flawless so she talked me into buying it. Now im standing by the window and my skin is as orange as ever! im def refunding the product! i need a new colour match but im stuck on what colour i should get and im so fed up with getting the wrong colour! anyone went through this and know what colour i should get?

on 7/13/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

generally ok, at the higher end price range, packaging ok had to buy pump extra otherwise i find bottle to be wasteful. colour range excellent with mac, i have yet to find out what this looks like in photos, it stays a good amount of time but it could be better....
update.

ok so i feel like i didnt give this a good trial before i could review it fully, so i usually used estee lauder double wear light but i think i can safely say im converted to studio fix fluid now, it looks so much better on my skin and much more healthier, so the stayin power isnt as good but its not far behind dw and also once i blot with blot powder it stays al day

on 7/13/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dear fellow makeup junkies,(:
I have combination skin, and I rarely have breakouts.
So I went to MAC, and I was PUMPED to check out the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I had never used it, but as a good Makeup Junkie I had to try it. So I get there and MAC was really busy, and I waited. Waiting was a hassle, but I was fine. So after a few clients left, I had asked the MAC Store Manager to match the foundation to my skin tone to find the best shade. So she found my shade, and went to work. At first, I noticed a slight BURNING sensation in my cheeks. But I ingnored it and I wasnt wearing any foundation before I had her match my skintone, so I thought It was just my skin adapting to the product being applied to my face. So, as she is appling it the BURNING sensation gets, stronger, and stronger rapidly. So I asked her to stop, and I was like my face is burning. And she was like yeah, your face is red through the foundation. So I grabbed the mirror after she took the foundation off, and OH MY GOSH. My entire face, was completly red. It had burned and stinged so bad, I didnt want to talk, so then, she put MAC strobe cream on it which burned even more. I told her to take it off, and she did. The the two ladies there were like Oh Im sure it will go down in a few hours in no time. But no MY FACE WAS COMPLETEY RED, and THE RED BURNING SENSATION HAD SPREAD TO MY SHOLDERS AND CHEST. So I had asked to she the head cosmetics store Manager, and they wouldnt let me see her. So after demanding her several times, I told the woman what had happened. She instantly reaacted and had got me some facial treatment from Clinque. (GO CLINQUE!) Heehehe, and still, to this day my face stings to the touch. It isnt beet red anymore, but I definatley think its the wrong product for clients. I am IN LOVE WITH MAC, but not the snobby sales people, and the Studio Fix Fluid.

-Meggan

on 7/13/2010 9:30:00 AM

Have been using this since i was 18...looks really good if you mix it with the strobe cream /lotion and will give you really dewy airbruched looking skin.

by itself can be a little cakey and on days my skin is feeling dry (on accutane) this really picks up the dry falking skin so prob not good for people with dry skin.

love that it has spf but apart from that dont think its doing any wonders for my skin really( unlike bobbi brown foundations which has ingredients for moisture, anti aging etc)

on 7/11/2010 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

God how I wanted to love this! Went on a bit of a MAC binge recently and bought both the studio fix fluid and powder. I like a semi matte look as I have some visible pores around my nose and find that they are accentuated when I use oil based foundations. The first day of purchase I applied with brush and it looked ok indoors but when I ventured out and caught a glimpse of myself in natural lighting I completely freaked out. Orange, crusty - I resembled a cheesy snack. I gave it up for a while but decided to give it another red hot go recently. It seems to work best if I use a teeny, tiny bit of foundation over the top of a primer. I don't love it but shall persevere with it until I find my HG (Where are you??!!)

on 7/11/2010 4:46:00 AM

I have combination skin and this perfectly blended impressively. It has perfect coverage, easy to apply and blend over, and very good staying power even in hot weather for hours. It makes your skin appear flawless and smooth. The only downside is it is a bit greasy so you have to blot with oil paper from time to time... and it's quite pricey. But overall, it's a good buy.

on 7/6/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I loved how smooth this foundation made my skin feel. After application, I ran my fingers over my face and marveled at how "velvety and flawless" it felt. Alas, if only it looked that way too. It dried out my skin so much that it looked like I needed a heavy-duty facial moisturizer pronto! It sucked every drop of moisture (the little that I have) out of my face, giving it that "velvety" dry feel. I could see it emphasizing and clinging to the rougher/drier patches of "problem areas" on my face, and this was not a good look! This foundation works best on those with oily skin, but stay far away if you have dry skin like me. It's also a bit overpriced considering all the great drugstore alternatives that are out there today.