MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/29/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I hate this stuff on me! I dunno if I got the wrong colour or whatever, but NC30 is extremely yellow in the SFF formula! It also oxidized like crazy and was really oily on me at the end of the day - the slippage was terrible! I only used it a few times after I bought it off a friend and have the bottle now up for swap. I really don't like how we have to buy the pump separate, but atleast its an option - otherwise too much product is wasted. This might work better for someone tanned, dry to normal skin in the NC35-37 family. I'd suggest to go a shade or two lighter with this stuff. I won't buy it again - there are better foundations out there.

on 7/28/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh dear... where should I start? I´ll make the long story short.

Pro
< medium to full coverage
< it can look very natural
< only a small (like pea-size)amount is enough for the entire face
< no irritations // no breakouts
< doesn´t look cakey
< oil-free, so great for my oily skin

Cons
< the colour doesn´t match (NC15)
< it smells a bit weird
< you have to buy the pump for this
< expensive

The main reason I won´t repurchase this is simply because the colour is too yellow/orange even though the MAC-beautyconsultant gave me the lightest shade, so I had to use my Kanebo Kate Powder, which I usually use on "really oily days" to set the foundation, to make this NC15 shade lighter. I would get along with the smell and with the price as the quality is really good and the bottle lasted for almost 9 months with daily use, but the colour is just too dark and I don´t think it´s worth it to spend the money on something that just doesn´t fit perfectly. Pity. I would recommend this to you if you find a shade that matches your skintone perfectly which shouldn´t be difficult for most of you as MAC has a really wide colour range here.

on 7/28/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first MAC foundation and I have been using it for about five months now. At first when I bought this foundation I loved it because it has wonderful coverage, a large range of color so the foundation matched me perfectly, and a major plus was that it was oil free. After using it more frequently I have decided that this foundation just wasn't the one for me... it broke me out, accentuated my pores and dry spots, made my face itchy, rubbed off on my clothes, and the great coverage just doesn't cut it anymore if that is what is breaks me out. I'm glad it had worked for others but this one is a no go for me. I don't think I will even try it again.

on 7/27/2010 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

for something that is supposed to be for oily skin
( well that's what the mac tech told me) it's not great
i have to say it gives a pretty good coverage but after a while
it oxidizes (spelling) and it looks awful and the coverage is like gone !
It is the most messy foundation it gets off on anything very easily
very heavy and almost paint like
but hey everybody is different
may work better for somebody with not so oily skin
made my pores huge and a greaser .... ew
this product just is not for me !

on 7/27/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

im not sure what to think about this product really:

PROS:

-great coverage
-wide range of colors
-easily applied with brush/sponge/fingers etc
-price isnt so bad
-stays on well in the winter time
-people comment on how clear my skin looks

CONS:

-cakey, so i cant build more coverage
-smells like playdough
-OXIDIZES (turned my face a bit orangey along the jawline)
-easily transferable, (embarassing incident with my boyfriends white shirt...)
- kinda melts off my face at about 2 oclock
doesnt come with a pump (unless purchased for $5)

So i guess if i wanted to stick to a cheaper yet well respected makeup brand, i'll buy this again, but i really think the studio sculpt is a better option if we're sticking to the MAC brand. Im goin to continue using my MUFE mat velvet +

on 7/26/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product as it has medium to full coverage that you can build up. It also looks very natural on the skin. I bought this as my first liquid foundation. It doesn't come with a pump, you need to pour it out so I would recommend you get a pump for it. The MA at my counter gave me the pump for free! It has a slight paintlike smell to it and some ingredients in it may break out people with acne prone skin.

It covers everything, you hardly need any concealer. I apply it with my MAC 188 stippling brush, by stippling in areas and then swirling and blending it out and it works well. I set it with the MSFN, then use 2~3 spritzes of evian facial spray or fix+ to give it a dewy look.

However, I think it breaks me out a bit around my mouth. I'm not sure because I'm still not 100% sure if it was because of this. I have sensitive skin but I find in other parts of my face it's absolutely fine!

Overall, I like it but I think when I'm done I'll try some drugstore ones like revlon colorstay or revlon photoready.

on 7/25/2010 1:27:00 PM

Even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me, it looks great but the color is just gross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this product recently. The coverage is ok... but I really can't stand the smell! The fumes burn my eyes too. I won't purchase this :(

-- EDIT Nov.2012 --
Ok, so I still don't like the smell of this... but I tried a new sample from MAC and it didn't bother my eyes this time. Maybe the sample I had before was old? Anyhow, now I love this foundation. I bought a full bottle of it (don't love the packaging of the product though). The colour is perfect for me and it's not greasy at all.

on 7/24/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually really like this foundation. Although it breaks me out a bit (I've yet to find a foundation that doesnt), it soaks up the oil in my skin while still giving me a nice glow. The only thing is that it looks better when applied with clean, warm fingers or else it looks cakey. Overall, still a good product though.

on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hate this foundation!

Pros: Good coverage
Blends Easily
Cons: It oxidizes after one hr and my face ends up looking orange.
Hate to have to buy the pump separately =(

Try drugstore foundations instead.