November 21, 2014 | 985 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

WOW! this is by far the BEST liquid foundation i've ever tried!!! I use either this or MAC StudioFix, and it honestly always looks natural, doesnt feel heavy at all! I'm so not a liquid found. girl, but I got this as a sample, couldnt believe how much I loved it, then bought it! highly reccommend this!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ellenchristine

I really love this product. I had been using mineral makeup for years, and swore I would never come back to liquid. However, I was gradually becoming unhappy with the longevity of MMU in general and needed something long-lasting and full-coverage for my wedding. I tried this and have now given up MMU almost entirely.
    First, the shades are fabulous. I have never had a foundation match me as perfectly as Ecru does. This line is great if you're looking for neutral tones. Also, this stuff looks very natural on your face. I find applying it with the MAC #190 brush produces great results. The coverage is very good; I can even get away with skipping concealer when using this. Finally, I find this stuff really does hold up well, even on my tremendously oily skin.
    I will be sticking to this stuff! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SexiAndSmart

makes my skin look very cakey! im a mac studio fix liquid foundation user and thought i'd try something better and new, however MAC is soo much better and way better coverage. I thought since estee lauder was more expensive it would be better, i was wrong! I tried this product for 4 days and it was horrible. I wore it in the morning before going to work and my skin looked bad by like 1-2pm. Parts of the makeup was off and my skin looked cakey. I went back to using my NW30 for MAC. This product dries out my skin badly! I would definitely NOT recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by chelseydaniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation ever! This is because it makes my skin flawless. If I have a pimple I don't even need concealer because this will cover it.
    I do recommend using the foundation brush with it.

I have never used it without the brush. I am assuming that is why some people experience a caked on look with it. The brush allows you to smooth it on easily only using small amounts.

The price is high compared to drug store foundations. However, (in my experience using a brush with it) it lasts forever because you don't have to use much, & you don't have to buy concealer.

Go to your local department store and at the estee lauder counter they will match your skin with the correct color and put it on your face so you can see if you like it.

My ONE downside to this product is that you have to deffinantly take it off every night or you will start to break out. But you shouldn't as long as you wash your face extra good every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sara2020

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing Dermalogica treatment foundation for 6 years--and I just switched to Double Wear due to the great reviews on MUA. Bought it at Nordstroms--in Sand--I have olive, somewhat oily skin--and I love this makeup!! It makes my skin look naturally flawless. I am 55 and very particular--so I am very pleased to have found this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have normal/dry skin and this goes on beautifully. I wore this foundation on my wedding day - it stayed on and didn't need to be touched up...the best part was that it didn't look like I had a lot of heavy makeup on.
    My mother also wears this product and she swears by it. It is a little pricey, but I think it's definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have normal to dry skin and this is not the product for me. It really did last, but it brought out every line I have and made me look very harsh. Luckily I had a sample of this. When I went back to the counter the SA agreed that it was not the right foundation for anyone with even slightly dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've just repurchased this in 'Sand', which works well with the warmth of my NC20 skin. I could probably afford to go a shade darker for the summer because it's really quite a light shade, especially seeing as I apply only a very light layer to my skin. The liquid applies evenly and provides superb coverage on both my normal (cheek) and oil-prone (T) areas. It stays in place until I remove it - no matter how long the day has been, or what the weather has thrown at it. I used to rely on pressed powders, loose powders, every kind of oil blotting paper etc to keep the oilies at bay, but now I apply nothing but the foundation. In fact, I find that the oil in my skin actually gives the foundation a subtle glow/sheen that lifts it from the dreaded 'maskiness' you risk with high coverage foundation.
    Pros: very long lasting (no fading or streaking), great shade range, contains spf, only a small amount is needed to cover the face, skin looks flawless, transfer-resistant (no traces left on clothing or -worse still - on other people!)
    Cons: can look heavy if you apply too thickly (a thin layer spread really quickly over well-moisturised skin with a foundation brush works for me), can be difficult to remove (I find a drop of pure jojoba or peanut oil and a face cloth does the job - and gets rid of mascara and lipstick, too), quite expensive (although you may not need to buy powders, which makes it easier to justify the cost), the pump-less glass bottle is a pain (but I've done the same as many other reviewers and adapted a MAC pump)

All in all, a very good product that out-performs the other long-wearing foundations I've tried. So far!

Update: I tend to use Boots No7 Intelligent Balance mousse as my daily foundation now - I find it so quick and easy to reply and it gives me a flawless finish. However, I've always got a bottle of DW on standby for occasions where I need longer lasting, transfer-resistant coverage. (IB is definitely not touch-proof, unfortunately.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is not bad at all... it makes my skin look pretty much flawless... the coverage is a little bit too heavy for me though. I would like to try something else thats a little bit lighter...

What I really love about this is the staying power... it stays all day without touch ups... just use my shiseido oil blotting sheets and we're ready to go!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jennywiggins

I wear foundation every day due to large pores and acne. Double wear is excellent for coverage, although does look like another layer ontop of your skin as it is very thick. The 'encru' shade is too dark for me, and 'shell'-the lightest is too pink. However, I would recommend for a lady with darker skin than mine, as it does last the whole day without rubbing off (and i'm a dental hygienist who wears a mask all day!).