MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I love this fuoundation. It can be light or heavy - you choose by the amount you put on your face. I have applied it both with a brush (kabuki) and my fingers and both work well. For the length of time this item lasts me I think the price is OK.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is fantastic. I have dry skin and I found that it was wearing a bit thin on my dry cheeks about midday. I have just trialed using a bit of Rimmel Lasting Finish 24hour underneath the MAC foundation and it is the perfect match. It stays perfect looking for hours and doesn't dry out at all.
I'll update this review if anything changes but for now it looks and feels great!
EDIT:
Breakouts, have to knock this rating down to two for the sheer fact that it is terrible for my skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few foundations I have repurchased. It gives great medium-to-heavy coverage, and it matches my skin well. It wears fairly well throughout the day as long as I keep the oil under control. However, I have oily skin so keeping the oil under control is sometimes a problem. I use MAC Select Sheer powder that matches this foundation and it is not usually enough to control the oil. When my skin gets too oily, the makeup starts to melt and look unnatural. But, I haven't found anything better, so I will keep using this until I do.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this foundation. Here are the reasons why:
1. I have combination/ dry skin, it made the dry part of my face a lot more drier and made my oily part of my face more oily.
2. Color transfer, after taking a call on my cellphone, you could actually see the foundation transferring to my phone and I had to wipe it off.
3. Oxidation. I look very orange after a couple of hours.
4. The foundation doesn't last long and it would start slipping or should I say melt off my face.
5. I could get a refund as it doesn't apply over at the MAC counter in Hong Kong.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my FAVORITE foundation ever, and I've tried many different high end brands also drugstore brands.
I Use Nc40, and it covers very well.
I also use a concealer with it to help cover post acne scars.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use NC15 which I think a bit yellow tone on my face and it is hard to blend well on my face. My face will look dull and caking after noon.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not crazy about this. It just never seems to look the way I'd like it to look. Just something about it is off. It's a bit too heavy, too. I've used better foundations.

this is my favorite foundation so far. i'm OCD about my foundation, if its blotchy or uneven i freak out. im NC37 and my skin is dry though so i dont have the problem other people with oily skin have, even with applying a moisturizer before application. so i've tried other foundations but still always stick to this one. it stays on all day, even if i'm sweating i dont have to worry about it. its never splotchy or uneven and i never have to reapply all day. i really love it, i'm actually pretty addicted to it. my ONLY complaint is that it CAN get cakey and dark if you over apply. and it can emphasis your pores. so my advise is to use a primer before you apply, im trying out smashbox primer right now. i'll get back to you on that if it helps! i'm actually trying to find a foundation thats a little less heavy but with the same great coverage and finish and that lasts, but i haven't found one yet. (i tried to switch to LORAC's oil free foundation, and it didn't stay on and drove me crazy how often i had to reapply!)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have such mixed feelings about this product! I love the finish and coverage it gives my skin, but it randomly breaks me out! Only in the humid summer months but still! Who wants that in a foundation!? My only other complaints are the price, and that it can turn slightly orange. If this foundation didn't break me out, I would repurchase because it has great coverage and great shade selection. I just can't deal with the random break outs ;(

I've a love-hate relationship with this foundation... It sometimes breaks me out, but my main gripe with it is the fact that it oxidises like CRAZY on me... My perfect shade (??) is NW30... looks flawless and perfect colour when freshly applied... within 30 minutes it turns orange and I look like an oompa loompa!

This photographs beautifully though. And it provides great coverage. Apparently oily skin oxidises worse than normal or dry skins... Or maybe it's just me... Such a darn pity! :(