September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by marinaeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product as my "evening" foundation, as I find it a bit too heavy for daytime. I love it though for when I'm going out at night - my face shows up beautifully in photos. It's hard to not look photogenic! I've read some reviews about it making people break out, I haven't found that yet, although I'm only using it at most twice a week. The packaging could be better, I find that I always pour out too much foundation. A pump would have been better. But other than that, I love this foundation, and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by wahinegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my HG foundation. Love the consistency, the ease with which it blends, and of course the build-ability. I have fairly dry skin, and I really like that this is one of the few foundations that doesn't highlight any dry patches. I have been using this for 3 years, and I keep coming back to it. The coverage is perfect too! Just enough to hide all imperfections, but never so much that you look cakey or extremely "made-up". I have applied this product with my fingers, with various foundation brushes, as well as with sponges, and all have worked for me, Also, I have fairly sensitive skin, and I have never had a problem with this breaking me out causing any sort of irritations.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FINALLY my HG foundation! I have been looking long and hard for this. I received this in a swap (nw15) it is absolutely perfect. I have been using Revlon Colorstay for YEARS and always felt pretty good about it, but it just wasn't QUITE right for some reason. Now I know it is because it wasn't the right color for me like my new MAC fluid is and it never sunk into skin like this does too. It blends so much easier than Revlon and the color of it and the satin finish literally makes it look like my own skin (only flawless). I definitely recommend trying to get it in a swap to try it out since it is a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

After testing other foundations of a similar price range, I felt compelled to delete my original post and give a more accurate review. I think a lot of people try this produce because MAC is a starter-friendly makeup brand that doesn't overwhelm you like Sephora does. Some people may "get used" to their products, thinking it's "as good as it gets". While MAC has some outstanding products, this is not one of them. For the price you can get MUCH better foundations. This is not worth it. If you don't want to spend too much on foundations, the Revlon Colourstay and the Rimmel Longlasting are perform better than this at a fraction of the cost.

Pros
-high coverage. Basically camouflages your natural skin colour and most discolourations, at least initially.
- would last a while. due to the high coverage, you can probably make one last almost a year with frequent use.

Cons
- OXIDIZES. I have oily-combination skin and this product often turns 2-3 shades more orange on me with wear. This doesn't happen with the MUFE HD or Mat Velvet.
- too cakey. I think the powder content of this foundation is too high. It is almost impossible to get it to look not mask-like.
- no oil tolerance/absorption. You'd have to use a good primer or lots of setting powder to prevent this from fading/oxidizing if you have oily areas on your face.
- shade range. YES there are lots of colour range. However there are only NC, NW and some N, C shades. None of them really accomodated me. N was too neutral, NW too pink. The closest range was NC for me, but even this had TOO MUCH YELLOW in the formulation.
- price. since you pretty much have to get a pump to use this product hygienically, it comes to around $40. This is around the same price as the MUFE foundations I've tried, which are much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Nessabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation that I have used so far in my life. I put it on with a MAC 109 brush to achieve a flawless look. My colour is NC25.

I will be getting this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Evelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi there,
I bought this product last year, I think in the beginning of December. I have used it a very few times, because I dont wear make up every day. I do like this foundation, but I think I got a bit too yellow color-its NC 20. The shop keeper offer me NW 15 but I thought that it would look too pink on me. So the NC 20 is ok, when I have tanned my face a bit. Next time I will try the one I was recomended. So the bottle comes without the pump, if you want that, you have to pay some extra money. It is quite smooth and liquid. It stays on a long time. My only problem is how to put it on, with fingers or sponge, I have tried both, but it still does not stay even. In my first oportunity I will buy a brush and hope that that helps me a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mikaylaaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! It has awesome coverage, which I need, and didn't break me out like a lot of people say it does for them. The only problem, however, is that I'm an NC15 and it's still too dark for me, and I noticed it got darker the longer I've had it. Besides that, it works great. I just wish the color was right, and that it came with a pump...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Juliann747

I was very hesitant to try this foundation as I have had very problematic skin in the past, and with all the negative reviews about breakouts I was afraid! However, I finally bit the bullet and decided to try it out. I have this product in NC 20, and absolutely love it! I have been using it for about 5 months and I do not find that it breaks me out at all (and I have acne-prone skin)!. I like the coverage and the staying power of the foundation, no complaints about the product itself! However, the packaging of the product is not that hygienic or easy to use (you pour too much!) without the pump! I think if you are going to buy this product you need to buy the pump, it makes it so much easier!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by charla21

when people talked about breaking out after using this i didnt pay attention because i never had that with anything but guess what.! it did it too me.. i was amazed because nothing , ever has... i didnt think it was this so i kept on using it and god it got worse (i gave it to a friend).... the point is: GET A GOOD 2/3 WEEK SAMPLE- keep going back b4 you lash out to buy it

any way the good side: it does have good coverage and is good for the price. i would have used it if i could... another thing is the colour- after it dried it it seemed to be a shade or two darker so if you can wait a while before you add your bronzer or your going to end up looking like hot chocolate

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mxiong08

I wanted to like this product, but I didn't. Right when I put it on, 2 hours later, I noticed that little bumps started to appear on my forehead. I'm glad I only got a sample.