July 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bluean6el00

i LOVE this cleanser. of all the cleansers that i have used in the past this one is the only thing that ever worked for me. i have very dry skin and some cleansers eventhough it says good for dry skin can still be drying but not this cleanser by philosphy imo. i took one lippie off because of the price, i think its a bit too pricey for the size.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiChaosBrown

You know, for a product with such elegant packaging - it sure is a let down. I purchased this stuff believing that it would be just as good as religious skin care junkies claimed it was.

It didn't help my skin...whatsoever.

What's really funny is that on the back of the bottle it states:

-Fragrance-Free Formula
-Contains a proprietary blend of extracts for a unique, fresh scent.

That contradiction right there speaks for itself.

-Lorelai Chaos Brown-

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by andrwh1

I have been using this for about 3 weeks now, thanks to MUA reviews. So far I have to say that I love it. I have combination, acne-prone skin and so far it has actually helped to clear up my skin. It also gives me a rosy, natural glow - my skin is looking better and better. I use this at night and Philosophy On A Clear Day in the morning since my skin tends to get oily during the day. I love this combination! I don't mind the smell of Purity at all, although I can see why people might dislike On A Clear Day - it has a very strong medicinal smell. But to me putting up with a funky smelling cleanser in the morning is totally worth it for the pretty skin I've always wanted.
UPDATE 7/11/08: My skin recently started breaking out like crazy (not b/c of this product), so I decided to go more natural. I stopped using On A Clear Day and now I only use Purity + one drop of tea tree oil morning and night as a cleanser. I moisturize at night with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil and one drop of tea tree oil, then spot treat with tea tree oil on a moist Q-tip. This is amazing!!! The tea tree oil and jojoba have made a vast improvement in my acne-prone, oily skin. I love Purity and it's even better with TTO!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cinderella137am

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for removing makeup, even on your eyes and it's pretty gentle. Good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

Totally mediocre cleanser. Doesn't really foam alot, and does nothing special. I don't get it's cult following.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

I've used this, on and off (but more on) for the last 10 years. I keep coming back to it from other cleansers. I don't know what's in it, because, unlike other companies who tell you the exciting stuff that makes their product work, Philosophy insists on putting that pseudo-spiritual gobbledygook on their packages, and I'm not a cosmetic chemist, so I can't read the ingredient list. I do know that it cleans my skin well without making it tight or red, takes off makeup without stinging my eyes, and has a pleasant smell. Over the years, I've managed to break the caps on the smaller size bottles by dropping them. I currently decant from a 32 oz pump size into a (yes, broken) 2 oz travel size. I would pay more to get plain packaging with a cap that didn't break. (I know, I know -- put it in a plain bottle of my own. But I like labels.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it really deserves a 4 or not. I don't wear anything long lasting or hard to remove, so I don't know it's true cleansing power. I never saw any positive or negative effects to my skin either. The ingredient list is pretty good (it looks like an even mix of chemicals and plant extracts throughout the list) and I love the liquidity consistency. The smell isn't what I expected for something with a lot of extracts, but it didn't bother me anyways (most things are neutral to me and then I get used to them over time). Hopefully I can get it in the huge 32oz size - that will probably be the deciding factor if I get it again along with the consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by sueyellowjam

Got this in a small bottle together with the entire series of face produdcts as a gift. Purity is a really nice cleanser which gently cleanses your face and leaves no feeling of tightness. You feel fresh afterwards. I used up the entire bottle of it although I never bought it again mainly because they were not available where I live and they were other brands I could use that were readily available. I have moved several times since then. Now I have found another cleanser which works great for me. So one day when nothing works out I'd go back to this cleanser again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by music_lover888

Bought this on a spur of the moment -- at first, there was an overwhelming herbal scent, which i haven't decided if I like or not, but cleanses makeup off pretty decently. I just got this a few days ago, so will have to see how it works out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by meliskimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I always, always, always come back to my purity. I have tried so many cleansers, like most of you out there, but this is the only one my skin loves! I have combo/dry skin and I use tretinoin gel, and I have been looking for a cleanser to clean but not strip my skin. This is the only one I have found that fits the bill in every respect. I took one lippie off because it's pricey imo for a cleanser and since I don't have a Sephora where I live I always have to order it online. Not so bad though considering you can get a 32oz, size from QVC for around $30.