September 2, 2014 | 1479 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by hayles1105

This is THE best foundation ever! I'm quite fair and I find it difficult to get a good match for my skin...but this is perfect. I have tried so many foundations - some dry out my skin, others make it look greasy but this foundation is fantastic and feels lovely on - I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask but it gives great coverage. I LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After hearing all the raves and dishing out an exhuberant amount of money, I expected nothing short of fantastict out of this product. And indeed, I was very pleased with the results...the first day or two. The staying power was excellent, one didn't need to use concealer in conjunction with this product because of its' great coverage. It made my skin look smooth and flawless. Things were looking swell...then summer came around. The overly thick texture of the product made me break out and gave a sticky feeling to my skin. It also didn't last through the sweat/oil, and removing it was equally as nerve-wrecking- it doesn't even remove with anti-bacterial soap. I always say- if its worth spending on, spend wisely(don't spend too much on any one item). Testing this product confirmed just how right I was.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by unsp0kenwords

I've been using this foundation for a couple of days. So far, It's okay. The staying power is just simply fantastic. I love how it covers everything perfectly but yet looks natural. It's feels and looks light but the coverage is heavy (medium).The only thing that I didn't like about this foundation is that it's supposed to be buildable...but when I try to apply more foundation on top...it smudges the foundation I applied on the bottom and the whole makeup application looks uneven. I NEED coverage because I have blemishes and scarring, but when I try to build up more coverage, it just looks like I just took some water with a towel and smudged it off. And another thing is that the foundation dries very quickly, so you have to make sure you apply everything evenly before it dries.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm about half way through my 10 day trial of this product. At first, like many other reviewers, I got matched to the wrong shade. I am a MAC NC25 for reference and the MA put me in "Linen". It didn't look terrible on, but it was definitely too light and it aged me considerably. You could see the paler color settle in my pores and it created that dreaded "mask-like" appearance. I went back and got re-matched to "Dusk" which has pink tones but is a much better match to my skin. Overall, I think they have very weird color formulations and you need a MA who can break the "rules" to find you a shade that really works. I like the full coverage for evening out my red cheeks and covering my imperfections and I don't have to use a primer or a setting powder. Instead, I brush a little of the Dior Amber Shimmer (think that's the name) over the top and it looks less matte. This lasts all day on me and I recommend this for those who are looking for a made-up look. I will be purchasing a full-size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kiyyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG! I have very oily skin and this has been the only foundation that lasts all day and doesn't break me out. When I was on Accutane and had no oil on my skin I could wear this foundation for 20 hours without ever needing a touchup. Now that my skin is back to being very oily I just need to blot every 5-6 hours -- which is a lot less than most foundations I've tried. I apply it with a wet Beauty Blender and it makes my face look flawless.

I'm on my 6th bottle of this stuff and will continue to repurchase until they stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this one. When I initially bought it, I wanted something that was going to a) last 10 hour work days; and b) cover, cover, cover my active cystic acne. It's perfect for that. Fortunately for me nowadays, my breakouts now are quite mild, and I am no where near as oily as I used to be. As such, this foundation is now way too thick for me. I still use it in the winter (the color is bordering on too light for me otherwise), but more sparingly and in the T-zone only (where I tend to get oilier and where most of the post-acne scarring and redness is). The trick is to keep blending before it "sets". It's great for what it does (last all day and cover), just keep in mind this isn't going to be your "natural finish" foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by starfish07

I got this product from Macy's and I was advised to go for Sand shade after using it for 3 times at first i thought maybe I'm not used to it just yet, so i tried it again well, it is so drying i mean it is so dry that you can hardly brush it on your face i used my MAC Stippling brush and this foundation just makes my pores so visible and it tends to be so cakey that it''s like you're shouting to the whole wide world that you have a foundation on.. I'm speaking from my experience i mean its case to case basis but i don't recommend it if you have a very dry skin.. i returned the bottle yesterday, plus the bottle is so inconvenient to use they should have at least make a pump for it..

I'll give it two lippies for the staying effect and for that you don't have to worry if you have to wear dark shirt because there is no possibility that it would transfer because its VERY DRY..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

This is a good foundation that stays on all day. With a good stippling brush, it doesn't get cakey and has a good coverage. But I can't find a good match for my skintone. I have light asian skin, and the MUA recommended the same color that she was wearing - and she was a slightly tanned, but more close to pale caucasian.
So if you can find a good color match for you, go for this foundation, but if you have light asian skin like me, the color is going to be slightly off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jasond51

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation has stayed on my overworked, overstressed face for years without sliding off. 12 hour shifts as a nurse tested the "stay on" power of this makeup and it pasted the test.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was my first real foray into liquid foundations. I needed something to cover up my red, angry, eczema plagued skin. This covers everything!

I can't use this everyday because it's too heavy and when I keep it on too long I get these little bumps. However, when I use this my face becomes such a clean canvas that everything I add on top just pops!

Although summer is the time my face goes nuts and I feel the need to hide, I prefer to use this in winter because of how heavy it is. Also, I feel like I need the extra colour in winter when I look washed-out and grey.

Another great thing is that it lasts me a long time and I have to replace it about every two years.