February 28, 2015 | 1746 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by emyj

I am so disappointed in this! Ive had it since Xmas as I got a giftcard to Belk's so I also purchased Lancome's famous foundation brush (which i love btw) to apply this with. This foundation looks great when I first apply it - by the time I get to work I look so AGED! It turns a terrible color and just looks messy. This is the foundation that lurks in my makeup cabinet and when I dont wear it for a while I think, "ill give it another chance"..especially when my skin is behaving well. It never fails, when I wear this I can't wait to get home and wash my face..sometimes i give in and wash it mid-day at work and just put on something simple like a TM or a compact i have on hand. It does live up to its name and lasts all day, but in a terrible way. it changes color and balls up and its just gross!! I have drugstore brands that out do this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by queenofcups226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although it is somewhat pricy---this foundation has been the ultimate best I have ever tried!! And I tried so many--even other expensive ones.
I have oily skin-so this one keeps me flawless, oil-free, and perfected ALL DAY LONG!!

For about $38 dollars a pop---soooo worth it!!!! A+++++++++++++

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by trixiebell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this product because of all the hype, it was always selling out at my local department store and people would rave on about it. I purchase a bottle after the SA colour matching me with Ivory Beige and thats where the problem with this foundation began. I returned home to find this had turned a ridiculous orange shade on me, sunk into my pores and grabbed on slightly dry areas on my face. It looked un-even and was sitting in every line on my face. This foundation aged me by about 10 years. I returned the next day thinking a different colour might rectify this. I was given Fresco, returned home to find this had turned a really un-natural shade of pink. Back I went and was given Sand which is a bit better but still this foundations is terrible. If you have slight dryness this will amplify it and look flakey, it will sit in every line and accentuate pores. Will not be buying this again. It was just a hype after all. nc15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I ever stray from you Double Wear? I started wearing this foundation about three years ago... After a while I got tired of it and just wanted to try some other lines out there... MAC, Lancome, drugstore brands... I thought I found the coverage I wanted in Studio Fix Fluid, it also blended like a dream with the 109...however, by the end of the day I was orange and an oilslick... gross. I compared my SSF to EL DW, and man I can't believe I was walking around with all that orange crap plastered on my face...eww! I am wearing the DW in Linen today and my skin looks so much more NATURAL! The coverage is perfect, the shade is spot on, no oilies, just nice looking skin. I did blend this with my 109 and I think that took the masky look of foundation away. I will be dumping the rest of my Studio Fix Fluid and it's back to my old HG standby DW! That is unless I get my hands on that MUFE HD stuff everyone on youtube is raving about! lol....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tatlicupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When my acne reached its peak before taking accutane, I need something to cover it. My 2 year old Maybelline made me look like a Barbe gone horribly horribly wrong. And my bareminerals was doin't ZILCH for my face. While getting a toner from EL, I bought this product to get the amazing GWP. It's thick. You can't feel it on your face after a minute, but someone else can feel the foundation on your face (the face is sticky). it rubs off on clothins which is unavoidable. I LOATHE the packaging. I poured it into a jar so I didn't have to pour all that foundation which I didnt even use back in. It's a hefty price tag but I cansee this being a staple for photos or something. I use L'OReal true match now. Oh, and none of the EL colors matched me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

WOW! this is by far the BEST liquid foundation i've ever tried!!! I use either this or MAC StudioFix, and it honestly always looks natural, doesnt feel heavy at all! I'm so not a liquid found. girl, but I got this as a sample, couldnt believe how much I loved it, then bought it! highly reccommend this!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ellenchristine

I really love this product. I had been using mineral makeup for years, and swore I would never come back to liquid. However, I was gradually becoming unhappy with the longevity of MMU in general and needed something long-lasting and full-coverage for my wedding. I tried this and have now given up MMU almost entirely.
First, the shades are fabulous. I have never had a foundation match me as perfectly as Ecru does. This line is great if you're looking for neutral tones. Also, this stuff looks very natural on your face. I find applying it with the MAC #190 brush produces great results. The coverage is very good; I can even get away with skipping concealer when using this. Finally, I find this stuff really does hold up well, even on my tremendously oily skin.
I will be sticking to this stuff! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SexiAndSmart

makes my skin look very cakey! im a mac studio fix liquid foundation user and thought i'd try something better and new, however MAC is soo much better and way better coverage. I thought since estee lauder was more expensive it would be better, i was wrong! I tried this product for 4 days and it was horrible. I wore it in the morning before going to work and my skin looked bad by like 1-2pm. Parts of the makeup was off and my skin looked cakey. I went back to using my NW30 for MAC. This product dries out my skin badly! I would definitely NOT recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by chelseydaniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation ever! This is because it makes my skin flawless. If I have a pimple I don't even need concealer because this will cover it.
I do recommend using the foundation brush with it.

I have never used it without the brush. I am assuming that is why some people experience a caked on look with it. The brush allows you to smooth it on easily only using small amounts.

The price is high compared to drug store foundations. However, (in my experience using a brush with it) it lasts forever because you don't have to use much, & you don't have to buy concealer.

Go to your local department store and at the estee lauder counter they will match your skin with the correct color and put it on your face so you can see if you like it.

My ONE downside to this product is that you have to deffinantly take it off every night or you will start to break out. But you shouldn't as long as you wash your face extra good every night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sara2020

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing Dermalogica treatment foundation for 6 years--and I just switched to Double Wear due to the great reviews on MUA. Bought it at Nordstroms--in Sand--I have olive, somewhat oily skin--and I love this makeup!! It makes my skin look naturally flawless. I am 55 and very particular--so I am very pleased to have found this product.