November 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by azxgiggles

I was impress by this product. To be honest, I really like the packaging and it drew me in. I was unsure about the shade that I got, which was 220, which I found to be a little too yellow for my skin. I think I should have gotten the 210. However, this is still a great product. Because it was too yellow for me, I use my Missha BB Cream in shade 21 (the lighter shade) that i got as a gift and mixed the two together. It works wonders, but because of the Maybelline foundation, it makes my face look dewy. Overall, good pruduct.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am actually pleasantly surprised with this product. I picked it up at the local Rexall; it was $9.99 CAD but they were having a major sale on most of their makeup and I got this for 30% off.
PROS:
lightweight on the skin
buildable coverage
very affordable
sleek packaging
SPF 18

CONS:
no pump!!! I really wish they'd put on a pump...I would've been willing to pay more for one.....
not a great range for those of us who fall in the super light or super dark colour range
not great for very oily skin

I bought 115 Ivory, which is a very close match to my skin. But while I am fair, I am not super pale and someone who is would have a hard time finding a match as their is only one shade lighter and most stores I go to didn't carry it. Anyone who is very dark skinned will also have a hard time finding a good match without looking ashy.
As previous reviewers have said, this is not the best choice for anyone with very oily skin. In the past 2 years gone from VERY oily to normal skin, so I didn't have a problem with it. It efficiently covers all the redness in my skin (of which I have A LOT) without having a masklike effect. I have many acne scars, esp. on my left cheek, and with my stick concealer, this foundation did a good job covering them. It doesn't highlight my pores and spreads very evenly with a foundation brush. I always set my foundations with powder, so I had no problem with shine. I didn't notice much transfer either, but I use primer as well.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are tired of heavy, full coverage foundation, as I am, and have time to use concealer in the morning, this is a nice foundation at a great price. If you are looking for something to apply quickly and that will provide most of your coverage, this is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got color 115 and it seems okay, the color does seem to change after its been on my skin for a bit. I didn't find it greasy at all, didn't settle into my lines or pores. I usually get oily in the t zone but didn't wearing this. The odd time I have done a light powder dust over top towards the end of the day. I also found I get a better finish with it if I use a foundation brush instead of my fingers.
Update: I took a lippie off due to the fact i am finding after several hours it seems to have worn off and it does take time in the morning to get it to look nice as well. Just not happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by luffkristyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated this foundation. I wanted a medium coverage foundation for the upcoming summer months, and I was drawn to the idea and packaging of the Fit Me collection. I bought it for about $7 at WalMart, which is definitely a good price. I am NC15 in MAC, and I could not find an exact match of shade. The coverage is very light, and although easy to blend, I would not consider it buildable. It looks cakey and greasy after multiple applications, even on my normal-dry skin.

I believe the concept is great, and other drugstore makeup brands should follow in their direction. I loved how it matched you to concealers and blush based on your foundation match, but unfortunately for me, I could not find a great match.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kiimmy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible. Extremely sheer coverage, buildable to medium if you use half of the bottle. Very slippery and never quite dries. Transfers like your skin scares it away or something. Sinks into pores and fine lines, oxidizes, packaging is an annoying glass bottle with no pump. Nothing good to say about this foundation.

HOWEVER; for those with dry skin who are stuck with a drying, cakey, full-coverage foundation that they couldn't return for whatever reason, this foundation may actually work very effectively in making that thick foundation work for your skin. I used up most of my Fit Me foundation by mixing it with another foundation that was way too thick for my dry skin.

Ps, I got it in 210 which I believe was one of the yellowest shades. Still too orange for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hated this foundation, it was a good color match but never dried and completely rubbed off at the smallest touch. Also i bought the lightest color foundation and concealer and they did not match the concealer was very orangy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

G.R.E.A.S.Y.
You aint got no alibi.
You greasy.
Oh-oh you greasy.

If your oily, run, dont walk, away from this. Its not oil free, and made me SUPER oily (in my not oily areas).
I like the light coverage and packaging, but this stuff is a hot greasy mess.
ONLY try if your dry.

35 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by FemmeAuNaturel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though every skin reacts differently to a product I would not recommend this for use.

Pro -- Upon application my skin felt soft, looked extremely even and dewy -- traits which I always look for in a cosmetic. Though the color range was a bit too dark for me, I still found it possible to blend easily to fit my skin tone.

Con -- My skin ranges from dry to very-dry and it's highly difficult for products to make my skin break out. However, this product made me and my sister [her skin type is combination oily] break out horribly. It gave us painful break outs that lasted almost a month and bruised my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by tyshonae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought it Friday, tried it Saturday and I am returning it today. I can't say much about the foundation itself because I tried it on and took it right off. The color match was not good. I have red undertone skin and the foundation was too yellow. I could see that through the bottle but since it was so cheap I figured I'd give it a try. I got 355. Also the color range is pretty bad. They are emphasizing on the fact that they have 18 shades. Okay you have 18 shades yet you make 2-4 shades for darker skintones? Fail maybelline, huge fail. And don't even get me started about the powders. 355 in the powder is waayyy too light!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely NOT for oily skin!! So please please please PLEASE don't buy it if you have oily skin. I personally DO have oily skin but i bought this the day after it was released so there weren't any reviews out yet.
With that said, I'll talk about the positives-
It matched my skin amazingly!! my skin had never looked so natural with any other makeup before. It has light-medium coverage. It makes the skin look very luminous.
Now Negatives-
i noticed that it does rub off quite a bit. if i ever slightly touched my face and then touched paper i would see a brown smudge and it was sort of embarrassing. also, upon application it looked very nice and dewy but after about 3 to 4 hours it was almost completely gone and i looked like a greaseball. not attractive. i won't be repurchasing. Reminder!!! My oily friends, please don't buy this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No