April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by alli884

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic product that is just as good as UDPP. The only difference is that eye shadow shows up a *little* more vivid with UDPP but with SI blending is much easier. I like SI better because the packaging much better, more sanitary and less wasted product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I must say I was expecting great things with Shadow Insurance, but was dismayed with it's performance. It creased on my lids, and I even tried to use the smallest amounts on my lids fearing I had applied too much. No matter how I tried to apply Shadow Insurance, brush or fingertip, I just couldn't get it to work on me. This eyeshadow primer feels more moisturizing and slippery in texture when compared to Urban Decay's Primer Potion. UDPP remains my HG eyeshadow primer, as it works better for people with oily lids like myself. One thing I did like about Shadow Insurance was the packaging. UD should package their primer in this type of squeeze tube container. In my opinion Shadow Insurance would work better for people with normal to dry eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

For the record, I've never used Urban Decay Primer Potion, but after reading about UDPPgate, I'm not sure I want to.

TFSI is everything it claims on its website, something not many cosmetics seem to live up to. Normally, eye shadows stick around for a maximum of four hours on my oily lids. With TFSI, they're still going on strong after a 16 hr day. The formula is creamy, smooth, and forgiving enough to let you blend it out before locking down and drying. Eye shadows go on smooth and more intense than normally. And it comes in a cute, sanitary tube! What's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hottatortot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not only it primes and keep your eyeshadows on... it also take care of any discoloration on your eyelid skin. Like some of us that have purple or pink tone to our eyelids... this product will tone that down too! Love this.. packaging is great because you can get all the product out of tube when it gets low.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by prettygerbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For starters - I can't compare this to Urban Decay Primer Potion because it isn't available where I live.

The product delivers everything that it promises, no creasing and long lasting, bright color. My skin is on the oily side, and it works well for me. I use it every day as a base, sometimes with MAC Paint over the top. It's a medium skin colour and blends in well.

I used it under my incredibly bright 80's themed eye makeup last night, it brought the colours out and was easy to blend. I was naughty and didn't take my makeup off before bed, I woke up and most of it was still on - bright as ever!

The packaging is quite cute, it's in a tube and it's easy to squeeze the correct amount out. The price is good (about $29 Australian I think) and you get a decent amount.

Another thing I like about Too Faced is that they don't test on animals :)

I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't buy this again. I'm absolutely in love with UDPP and it does it for me at a cheaper price. I see no difference in performance or color and I actually like UDPP's doe-foot applicator.
***UPDATE*** 02/01/2009
This is nothing compared to UDPP. My shadows crease like hell!!! I was in Charlotte, NC for like three weeks on a business trip and this is all I packed so I had to use it and my shadows did not blend as well, look as vibrant or last like they do with UDPP. I figured out what it is. I really like UDPP's grabbiness becasue that decreases fallout. When I would go to blend with TFSI I would lose most of the intensity of my shadows! I do love this with simple looks, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is everyone on crack, this is Terr-o-ble. If the purpose is to instantly dry out my lids until they resemble shriveled-up old flesh, then it does it's job perfectly.
This garbage is so un-e/s friendly, that it makes me look like I rubbed in a bit of Coty power onto my lids. Am I doing something wrong? Are you suppose to pray and do a little dance around the toilet prior to application? I just don't get it.

Update: I have reconsidered my some of my harsh words, after reading paint pot reviews. This might be the answer to my creasing paint pots. Still, I can not use this product alone. Two bases are way too many steps for this simple gal. I'm still searching for my HG base, and I have tried it all (UD, Guerlain, Benifit, MAC, TM, LM..you get the point).
I might purchase again.
UpdateII: Okay, but not good enough, it creases. Back to UD.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tatsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It's my first experience with an eye shadow primer so I have nothing to compare it with but I love it anyway. It goes on so smooth, creates a nice even canvas for you to put shadows on. I've found that it doesn't work to great with liquid eyeshadows, that's the only negative. Since it's liquid, you can mix it with your eyeshadow to make a primer that matches. It's lasted me through an 8 hour work day and a 4 hour sweaty dance session at the club. Best part, no creasing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i had been a long time UDPP user, but recently switched over to TFSI. TFSI works a lot like UDPP -- it makes the eyeshadow colors pop, prevents e/s from fading and creasing, and lasts all day. plus....

imo, TFSI is better than UDPP in that TFSI (1) has superior packaging (no more unsanitary wands, depotting hassle, and realizing that after depotting the product is less effective); (2) i need less product to prime my eyelids; (3) formula is more lightweight and less drying; (4) my e/s blend better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All i have to say is that, this is f***en amazing! its been almost 12 hours, and no crease. great for a full time student and worker! i didnt believe it until i tried it for myself. great packaging for such a great product. well worth the price for what it does! of course the UDPP and TFSI battle has ended for me, and like for most people, the packaging is what won it over.