December 19, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by theburlesqueshow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! Easier to use than the famous UDPP, this amazing primer keeps my eyeshadow from fading and creasing all day- even my smokey dramatic looks. It also makes my eyeshadows looking brighter and nicer. THIS IS A MUST HAVE! Much better than MACs Prep and Prime, MACs Paints or Paintpots, OR UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

Love It!!

Pros:
-Cute, hygenic, simple, non heavy, sleek packaging.
-Eyeshadow stays put all day!
-Makes eyeshadow color more intense.
-Easy to apply

Con:
-Shadow is a little bit hard to blend.

For me its 4,5 stars. (In Holland we learn that 4,5=5 ;) so thats why 5 stars)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by scarletspidertn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, a primer I can wear! The famous UDPP did nothing but dry my eyelids out-which is crazy since I consider myself to have fairly oily lids. I'd given up on primers & resigned to using paint pots instead. Then comes the Sephora FF & I decided to just try it. LOVE!

It applies smooth like a concealer would, keeps my e/s on all day & doesn't crease. I have hooded eyes so that's a major plus for me!

Another reason to love-it comes in a squeeze tube rather than the cutesy bottle UDPP has. You can actually get out the product without cutting it open. I would absolutely repurchase & recommend to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but I felt the need to try an eye shadow primer other than Urban Decay Primer Potion or Benefit F. Y. Eye, both of which work very well for my oily lids. Unfortunately this product reminded me not to stray from my tried and true. I tried this under plenty of cream shadows (MAC paint pots, Stila shadow pots and Bobbi Brown cream shadows) and every time my shadow creased by the end of the day. Under powder shadow it wasn't much better - after a few hours, my shadow appeared uneven and cakey. I will say that it dries fast and has better packaging than either UD Primer Potion or the Benefit, but that was about it. If you have normal/dry lids this may work, but if you're oily I wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by vanessacolen

Packaging is way better than UDPP. The only thing I have to say is, overall, it's compatible with most eyeshadows I've used but not all. I guess it's the ingredients but with certain eyeshadows, it still creases. It doesn't leave any stickiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great! Helps shadow stay longer and makes shadows appear more vibrant, all without drying out my lids like UDPP did. Easy to apply. Also much better packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by krys623

Got a sample size of this and must admit that I love it. It helps the color of my eye shadow show better and stay put. I will definately go out and buy the full size tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Tigerloo

I adore this product. As a faithful Urban Decay Primer Potion user, I noticed that my supply was running low. What to do? I happened to be shopping at the Bay and noticed that they carried Too Faced products. I picked up a tube of Shadow Insurance and am very happy that I did. Despite the cost of 27CDN with tax, it has been a wise investment. I love the tube format and I use so little on application. I give it a little shake to prevent seperation and apply. This product is magic and allows me to wear my myriad of shadows and liners. It is definitely on the level with UDPP. Lasting power is fantastic. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ANSTAH

LOVE this stuff. I never used to use primer for my lids, and now I'm hooked. The plastic squeeze tube applicator is so easy to use, and it applies really smoothly. I don't want to sound like a broken record,so I'll just second everyone's positive reviews. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jennanika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone should own this. Just a little bit of primer goes a long way. Once you get low you can snip the tube and get every last bit of product so nothing goes to waste.