July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always heard rave reviews about this product and I have always wanted to try it. My mom found a sample size of it in our storage (don't ask how long it was in there, lol) and gave it to me. I have extremely pale skin so I really wasn't expecting this to show up on my cheek bone but luckily it did. It doesn't really have a color but it has a really nice, glowy, sheen to it. You really have to rub it in quickly or you will be able to tell where you didn't blend that well. It does give my face more definition and brings out my cheek bones but it's really subtle. I will continue to use this until it runs out but I probably wouldn't repurchase because it was the first highlighter I've ever use and I would like to try more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

I received a mini-size of this product in a Benefit kit, and definitely liked it from the get go. I have a powder highlighter and love the sheen and highlight it gives, but after a little while it begins to set into my pores, which is so not a pretty sight. I brought back High Beam, and remembered why I loved it so much. It can be a little tricky applying over foundation, but with the proper blending it gives a very natural highlight. I also like to mix it with my foundation to give a little extra glow from "within". It is on the pricey side, but I feel like for the amount of product you are getting, it is worth the price because of it's versatility. I do like to apply on the bridge of my nose, and right above my lip. Just purchased the standard size from Sephora as my mini is almost out, and will repurchase again if necessary, like I said, you get A LOT of product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Lrodway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. The packaging is good quality, and the product does what it says. My only bug-bear is the applicator. The nail-polish bottle design isn't the most practical, and may have been a little easier to use if it came with a pump. It looks lovely on, although my skin tone better suits the golden hues of sun beam.
I have found that when you put it on over foundation, it tends to move your foundation with it - which means you have to reblend your foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by NataliePRMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty decent product. It gives your face a nice glow but the only thing is that it's a bit pricey. I could find a better highlight with an ELF product. It's no use of spending your money on. It's just of waste of space , money , and time,
Hopefully this helped
xoxo
NataliePRMakeup

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Not so special... Im sick of the marketing hype

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

The finish that the high beam gives is a subtle glow that does make your face look chalky or enlarge your pores. Personally I've not had the best experience with powder highlighters and hence have gravitated towards liquid ones. For those of you who are on the hunt for a good highlighter thats easy to take on the go, I highly recommend giving this a go!

Come have a read on our blog!

Samantha & Ashley

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by crysta656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to LOVE this product, but I just didn't. I used it perfectly, even went back to Sephora to have them show me how to use it, but it barely showed up on my skin at all. It could be because I am so fair, but it really didn't work.
For now it will get shelved and maybe when I darken up over the summer I will try again.
I did however really love the packaging and the consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this! It brightens up skin loads! If you are looking for concealer or any type of brightening product this works amazingly even though it doesn't say so. It highlights your cheek bones and makes you look refreshed and like your skin is alive! It gives a lovely glow! It is a gorgeous satiny pink colour. I usually wouldn't go near any blush because I already have rosy cheeks so I would use concealer to cover my redness. But this does not give a redness like blush because of it's satinyness. I think it is better than moon beam and I was told this by someone who works at benefit. Completely worth the price. Love it its a miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much, looks great on lots of skin tones. My mom (who is very tan, and I am very pale) made fun of me when I shelled out $30 for this, but then she used it and fell in love. Totally worth the money~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

OVERRATED. not a bad highlighter, but this still just sits in my drawer. Annoying to apply and blend & there are much better highlighters out there. Although, this is not a bad product, I just don't love it for that price!