BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this highlighter.
I'm not really into liquid highlighters - I really don't know how to work them! But this is great mixed with your liquid foundation - I personally loves mixing it with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It leaves my skin with a healthy summer glow which of course is perfect for summer time.
I don't like it directly put on my cheeks, I think that it's to hard to blend. But maybe that's just me. I have other powder highlighters who does the job way better!
But still a great highlighter, when you want to make your face glow in a beautiful way!

on 6/14/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pearlescent very light shade of pink that comes in a small package with applicator.the colour is one of my favorites and I would say it suits white (as in snow) to very light pale yellow skin tones.when I purchased it the skin tone on my face was very light yellow and the product creates a shimmer effect when applied along the contours of the cheek bone.it wont look good on orange brown pink red skins or skins that is having a variety of different colours on the face.it also wont look good on skin with brown spots (freckles), elevated brown spots (moles), permanent make up tattooed brown spots or permanent make up tattooed brown spots that have had a substance injected into them to elevate them 3 dimensionally from the face to create skin that isn't smooth to look at or touch and looks just like mole usually with a very thick hair (or multiple thick black hairs) implanted into it.it looks best on skin without pattern on the face and could only look good on people who has very young skin like a child as the make up products are designed to draw attention to the face so anyone with signs of damage or aging should avoid using this benefit product.I was working when I purchased this benefit product and it is quite expensive compared with cheaper brands but the cheaper brands don't make any product like this.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a face like a child with no signs of aging and has one tone skin all over their face in white or very light yellow as it will really accentuate your beauty in a very natural and simplistic way.I wouldn't recommended using any other make up products with this as young skin doesn't need makeup and this is a highlighter to emphasis the natural beauty of youthful people who has these skin tones and there arnt many make up products that are designed to look good on these skins most are designed for darker skins and when peoples with lightest skins wear it they look like their advertising a product that was designed for someone else who doesn't look like them just like the fashions.

I won't purchase again as now my face doesn't look like a child anymore because my nose has changed my eyesockets hollowed out and forehead increased my face length by a few inches and hollowed
out what they call temples and my skin has changed colors and showing skin dehydration and damage and now I realised brown spots doesn't look nice.so it would emphasize these imperfections at a time in my life when I should be trying to hide them and not draw attention to my face damage.

on 6/13/2013 8:42:00 AM

Never thought id wave goodbye to YSL touché éclat for a Benefit product (all previous buys had left me disappointed and my skin feeling clogged) but high beam is very lightweight and leaves my skin looking so much more beautiful, hydrated and radiant. It has a hint of pink which really compliments my pale skin (would not recommend for you darker girls but they have a similar product that's more golden). My skin is harrowingly sensitive but this has not affected it at all. My only complaint is that after a few hours the effect dulls, but it is not drastic. You get a lot of product for what you pay so I think it's definitely worth it. Most other highlighters have left me with a powdery sort of false shimmery finish whereas this just makes my skin look really hydrated and healthy!

on 6/12/2013 11:49:00 AM

This went unused for a long time. I liked this once I finally started using it. It has a nice pearly finish. While its not bad I won't repurchase, since I have other highlighters I love a lot more.

Amazing product. Great quality luminosity for me personally. My go-to liquid highlight!

I bought this Christmas day at Ulta and I saw the rave reviews from beauty gurus on youtube and I took the plunge and fell for the hype.

I am glad I took the plunge! :)

My only issue: while the packaging is cute, I personally am not a fan of the brush connected to the cap. I rather have no brush since I apply this using my fingers and I have seen people use the brush, I find it not for me.

To each their own in terms of the brush attachment, I will buy this again it gets the job done in terms of getting a luminous shimmer! I use this a lot when I am too lazy to get my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in "Soft and Gentle"

on 6/2/2013 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love contouring and highlighting with this! Its a nice colour on pale skin! Only issue is that its artificially shiny in natural light and doesn't blend very naturally.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was at my local Benefit counter yesterday and was sadly informed that this product has been discontinued in the UK. That leaves just moonbeam (pink toned) and sun beam (bronze toned) left to play with. However, I have used Me Me Me's Beat the Blues highlighter and find it a dead ringer for high beam (and only a couple of pounds!!) Sad goodbye to high beam!

on 5/30/2013 1:21:00 AM

This is one of my favorite highlighters. It just gives the most beautiful glow. A little goes a long way, if you apply too much it can make your face makeup look blotchy. The only thing I dislike about it is the packaging. The rims of the package always get product on it and it dries up creating a crust. But besides that it's beautiful and well worth the money.

on 5/29/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm kind of on the fence about High Beam. I bought my first bottle several years ago, used it a few times and never touched it again. I ended up buying a new bottle since the old one had probably reached it expiry point, and had mixed results.
Liquid highlighters are typically a miss for me, they have to have the exact right consistency and finish, as i typically apply them over my powder. (I always set my foundation with a translucent silica) High Beam is a little thick for my liking, which makes it a little bit more difficult to blend, especially over powder and even over just foundation. As a result, it also tends to accentuate my pores, making them look monstrous. The colour is a very luminescent pale pink with silver undertones, which even on my pale skin can sometimes look a little too light and streaky as a result. Maybe thats why it seems really hard to blend? I really love the glow it gives, but the streakiness just ruins it. I have tried applying it with my fingers in sweeping motions, patting motions, Ive tried blending it with a brush... Nothing really quite does the trick. On the other hand, it does look lovely on the brow bone and inner tear duct. Since High Beam I have purchased Sun Beam, which I have had a lot more luck with, perhaps due to the colour difference.

All in all, i think its a great highlighter for super pale skinned ladies who don't have problems with pores, and prefer not to set their foundation with powder, as High Beam is REALLY difficult to blend over powder. Also, if the silver undertone is a bit of a problem, Sun Beam would be the next best option. (especially for medium-dark complexions)

on 5/28/2013 2:14:00 AM

lots of people love this product and it looks great on them but It just doesn't look natural or give me that seamless highlight as it does to others. I would repurchase it though because I use it on special occasions or if I'm doing a "glowing" look it just takes too much work for every day

Video Reviews & Tutorials