April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by taurus66

My go to shade for a highlighter, all over lid color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I finally caved and ordered this after seeing it recommended so many times on the makeup board. While I can't say this is my "go-to" highlighter because I typically prefer a little shimmer, this is definitely a shade I can see just about anyone finding a use for. This is a soft creamy off white/ivory shade, totally matte. This doesn't seem to have as much color payoff and pigmentation as my other matte2 shadows, but perhaps that's because it's light (I only have all the dark matte2's). This is a nice shade to highlight the browbone when I want to keep the overall look more subtle. Maybe I'll acquire more of a love for it with more use. But overall .. a solid shadow if you prefer mattes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite highlight colors. The color is very neutral & light. It has a matte/buttery texture that I love. I like most of the matte2 eyeshadows anyway, but this is one of my favorite regardless of the texture. Will definitely repurchase each time I run out. I hope they don't ever decide to discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An great highlighter, matte finish

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by wondrfull1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shadow is my favorite matte highlight. It's very versatile and goes well with my cool and warm toned shadows, since the color is almost identical to my natural skin tone (just slightly lighter). I love the Matte2 texture as well... It's so soft and creamy, blends really well and gives my eyes a polished look. As an added bonus, it doubles as a concealer when applied with a damp brush to a pimple or minor skin discoloration. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color! I use this almost everyday to either set my base on my eyes or as a highlight. I love the fact that its matte2. This is a color that will look good on every skin tone!! It is a definite must have and I would highly recommend this shade for everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by WVUjame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Blanc Type every day as either an all-over color wash or to highlight my brow bone. I have hooded eyelids, so I prefer a matte highlight, and this does a great job. I also have Vanilla, but the Blanc Type just blends better. For reference, I'm NW 20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pocky

I absolutely LOVE the Matte2 shadows. The MA at my MAC store told me that MAC was phasing out the Matte2 shadows but they (the stores) were not given a list so I live in panic of losing all my beloved Matte2 shadows and I buy a backup (and a backup of that backup and another backup) of all my favorite colors everytime I'm near a MAC store or counter, which is once a week!

Blanc Type to me is the matte version of Vanilla, which I also love. Since Blanc Type is a Matte2 shadow and those are super pigmented dense, and velvety, I think they have better color payoff than the other finishes. Certainly Blanc Type shows up better. That's not to say that Vanilla isn't also a fantastic highlighter. It's just that Blanc Type is more dense and super super silky and matte. It's not chalky or powdery at all--none of the Matte2 shadows are. Anyway, I love Vanilla and Blanc Type both equally but Blanc Type is just a little more versatile since I can also wear it all over my lids and then apply winged liner for a retro look. I'm an NC25 and both shades are too light (for my preference) to wear as a base color. For that, I use Brule.

Matte2 shadows are the best matte shadows ever and I sincerely hope and pray that MAC doesn't take them away from us. My other favorite M2 shadows are Graphology and Handwritten. Gorgeous!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Yes, this is a basic off-white, matte shadow. A staple, really. What sets this apart from the standard matte off-white shadow is that the texture is really quite creamy for a matte shadow, and blends beautifully. I use this for my inner corner, to blend with other shadows, as a base shadow all over the lid, and as a highlight. It's also quite pigmented and not as chalky as you might expect it to be. Overall, a solid above-average performer and necessary workhorse for your palette. Will repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Vanilla eye shadow, but someone said Blanc Type makes it pale in comparison *urg, puns?*

So I went and got it to see what the fuss was all about. Yeah...so my Vanilla is rather lonely at the moment. I love this shadow. I use it on the brow bone, I love it! It is very matte and not shimmery, so that is good on my brow bone because it does get oily there and I don't want to look like a disco ball and bring attention to that!

I applied it as a powder to my face as well *yeah, I don't know, it didn't bother my skin* it is actually a perfect color for me! I don't do that all the time since I don't really want to go through it that fast and I don't want to take the chance that it MIGHT break me out due to the talc.

Anyways, a great shadow, I will purchase again!