April 24, 2014 | 1876 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally love this primer. I already have acne prone skin and I always have a few breakouts and I did not see a difference when I started using this product, so that's a good thing. I love this primer, I actually just ran out a few days ago, it was my first one! I bought it in September and I must say, 1oz goes a long way for 7 months for someone who used it on an average of 5 times a week!

My problem with this primer, however, is the price. I love this primer dearly, it's a creamy consistency that's not thick or greasy at all and leaves my face smooth, but $40 for one ounce? Come on. I do think it's a bit overrated, everyone is raving about it on youtube and I feel like they just WANT to love this product because all of the bigger gurus are. I was excited to find out that Smashbox had made a jumbo tube for $50 for 2ox of primer, which is a really good deal since it's twice the size. I just wish they would lower their prices at least $10, so it's $30 for 1oz...You get the picture!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will never put on makeup without a primer and this is the one for me. It is very light and has a very silky/creamy consistency. It also lasts forever so it is a great investment. I recommend this to everyone who comes into work looking for a good primer. I have sensitive skin and the oil-free formula is perfect for my face. The only thing stopping me from giving this a 5, is that I live in a very hot, humid climate and I feel like it wears off my nighttime so I have to reapply it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I have tried two face primers in my life and this was one of them... Both broke me out horribly! Its such a shame too bc it honestly feels so silky and smooth going on. My face felt and looked like baby skin! However, I had a horrid reaction. I'm sure its fantastic for some but my stupid sensitive skin hated it. I love smashbox tinted moisture, so it must be some ingredient in the primer :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't really like this primer despite all the good reviews. I felt like it just sat on my skin and did nothing. My foundation slid off my face, even after allowing the primer dry. I tried powder foundation over it too, and it didn't blend into my skin at all. This might have worked for others, but definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a nice light primer. I used a sample which lasted me two days. I used it after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1.
Pros: It went on nice and smooth, felt light, and mattified my skin instantly and controlled shine throughout the day. It made my foundation apply more evenly. No blemishes resulted.
Cons: It made my skin look a bit dull and pale. I don't think it's very compatible with mineral makeup. I also got a minor eczema-like rash on my temple.
If I were to switch to a liquid foundation or one that was not mineral-based, I would be open to trying this primer again. But I'm a very avid mineral user so this primer doesn't fit in with my routine! The rash also concerned me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

Unfortunately, this broke me out on my forehead really badly. The first times it I used it, it was fine, but the longer I used this product, the more my skin started reacting to it. It started off with a light rash like reaction, then I got 2 huge pimples on my forehead. It's such a great product, it pains me to see it doesn't work with my skin. It contains Vitamin C, antioxidants, is water based, and tons of other beneficial ingredients. I originally would have given this a 5 lippie, but since I broke out, I'm giving it a 2 lippie. I didn't downgrade it to 1, since it contains such amazing ingredients. What a shame. This could have been my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MellieTwinkleToes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this might be expensive BUT omg you do not use alot and i have been using it for a month and you cant even tell its gone down.

it makes your skin so smooth, evens out everything and its the perfect base for foundation.
i love this stuff,it does go on maybe oily but leave it couple mins and its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beccanecka

I LOVE this primer! I've tried other ones and they just don't compare. When you apply this it makes your face feel so silky and smooth. I love how lightweight it is! The fact that it doesn't feel like i'm caking a bunch of stuff on my face, is wonderful. I normally use 2-3 pumps on my face/neck. It seriously makes your makeup last all day. I use liquid foundation and then set it with a pressed powder. It works wonders. If you apply some moisturizer about 3 minutes before you apply the primer it helps your face feel very fresh. All in all, I am VERY pleased with this product. I'd recommend to anyone. Got it for Christmas & I still have half left. 3 months later. A++!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TheMostCake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of different primers and I do occasionally use others because I like to experiment with skincare and makeup, however- Smashbox Photo Finish Light is my favorite primer. It does not feel heavy on my skin. It makes makeup application faster, easier, and smoother. It allows me to use far less foundation than without it. It works well with both powder and liquid foundations. It makes my makeup last and last- very little touching up is neccessary throughout the day. It controls oil- not completely, but it reduces oily breakthrough greatly. I have applied the light primer to one side of my face, and the regular Photo Finish to the other, as an experiment to decide which is better. The results performance wise were identical. However, the regular primer feels heavier and is harder to apply. My vote is for Photo Finish LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by drbenzene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using a primer because I realized I was touching up my make up every afternoon. After reading the rave reviews on Smashbox's Photofinish Primer, I headed to my local Ulta only to find it sold out. I instead purchased the "Light" version and I'm really glad I did! It works wonders underneath my Bare Minerals foundation and I don't have to reapply my make up anymore!! I love the matte feeling, not to mention its really lightweight. I prefer the texture of this "Light" version to the original, which feels greasy IMO. I have sensitive skin but am susceptible to breakouts and this hasn't caused any skin problems. I love it, will definitely purchase again.