September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the .5oz travel size of this for $16 back at the beginning of March. I use it every time I wear foundation (but not with my BB cream or tinted moisturizer) and I still have probably 1/3 of the product left. Not bad for wearing it on average 4 times per week. I like the consistency, but it can be a little weird for some people--somewhere between a lotion and a gel--and it smells really strange at first. Luckily the smell fades very quickly and I'm left with a lovely, silky smooth base for my makeup. I was skeptical at first, but this really does keep the oils on my T-zone under control for a bit. I'm generally shiny immediately after I put on my foundation, but this keeps me shine free for at least an hour and I can go without blotting for up to three, depending on the day. Overall I really, really like this. I'm going to keep buying the .5oz travel size because it is cheaper to buy two of those at $16 a piece than to buy the full 1oz size at $36...which is strange, but I'm happy with it! Overall 4/5 just because it is pricey and doesn't control the shine for as long as I'd like, but is a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

This is the first primer that I bought. I did a lot of research and decided that this was the primer to buy. I tcomes with a pump so the packaging is really nice, it is not scented and once you put it on , it feels silky and makes your skin feel soft. It does not help with the shine and as far as pores go, I am not really happy with this pimer. It is really expensive and honestly it did not live up to my expectations so I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Jotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

pros:
-packaging, is really good and it comes with a pump
-the texture feels amazing
-make up goes on smoothly
-it is oil free

cons:
-does not help control the oilless on my face
-it gave me 15, horrible pimples on my forehead and some others around my face, my skin looks horrible!
-cost $36 dollars for just 30ml
I will definetely never purchase this primer again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by LMQ1

Unfortunately this product and I did not mesh well. I could tell by its application that it had some kind of silicone in it bc it felt too slippery akin to hourglass mineral veil primer (also not for me). It had great packaging, was easy to blend, and had no real scent that I could remember. The Associate encouraged me to try it with my Lancome Idole and Miracle as its La Base Pro did not keep my foundation in place well. Regardless, this oil free product gave me breakouts after 24 hours use and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by nayharalisboa

I like this primer, the more I experience more of it you know?
I have oily skin as well and he has not given effect matte than I expected.
More use with the Smashbox Anti Shine gives a much better effect!
I liked the price! Another negative feature is that it helps diminish the appearance of fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was apprehensive about primers at first, they're relatively new on the market and kind of seemed a bit of a sham.
I always used moisturizer as a primer before and never had any problems.
But I decided to try this out since everyone raves about it so much, glad I wasn't disappointed!
It absorbs quickly, feels super silky and makes my skin feel silky. I use it over top of moisturizer and underneath foundation and powder.
I have dry skin, so flakiness is definitely a huge problem for me. This seems to help get rid of flakiness more than just moisturizer alone. My foundation also stays perfect all day.
What a godsend! I would recommend this, but a lot of people complain that it makes them break out. I'd ask for a sample of this before paying nearly $40 for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by skyh1gh

i still don't know whats so great about this....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Me - NC30, combination to dry skin and acne prone at times.
* Experience - I started using this well rated primer when I lived in a warmer climate and needed a light water-based primer that would not clog my pores. And in a warm climate, it seemed to work well for me. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't seem to work as well for me during the cold winter months or when my skin is a bit on the dry side or needs a primer with a bit more moisture built-in.
* Pros - Nice stable packaging, light and sheer, easy to work with and does the job right. And despite being on the more pricey side, you do get a lot of product.
* Cons - Does not work perfectly for me under all climates or weather conditions unfortunately.
* Verdict - I like this primer but I will most likely have to search for another primer to use that's more suited for my skin's needs, especially with the change in the seasons and climates.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally love this primer. I already have acne prone skin and I always have a few breakouts and I did not see a difference when I started using this product, so that's a good thing. I love this primer, I actually just ran out a few days ago, it was my first one! I bought it in September and I must say, 1oz goes a long way for 7 months for someone who used it on an average of 5 times a week!

My problem with this primer, however, is the price. I love this primer dearly, it's a creamy consistency that's not thick or greasy at all and leaves my face smooth, but $40 for one ounce? Come on. I do think it's a bit overrated, everyone is raving about it on youtube and I feel like they just WANT to love this product because all of the bigger gurus are. I was excited to find out that Smashbox had made a jumbo tube for $50 for 2ox of primer, which is a really good deal since it's twice the size. I just wish they would lower their prices at least $10, so it's $30 for 1oz...You get the picture!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will never put on makeup without a primer and this is the one for me. It is very light and has a very silky/creamy consistency. It also lasts forever so it is a great investment. I recommend this to everyone who comes into work looking for a good primer. I have sensitive skin and the oil-free formula is perfect for my face. The only thing stopping me from giving this a 5, is that I live in a very hot, humid climate and I feel like it wears off my nighttime so I have to reapply it.