MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/19/2013 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So I just decided to put forth the money to buy one of these. I have very oily lids and even the best shadows crease on mine. So I decided to take a chance and get this. So far I LOVE it. Now compared to urban decays Primer Potion in Eden its thicker and not as yellow. But Eden was always my favorite primer and these two might be neck and neck. I know not everyone uses these as primers but I love it as one. So far its a great addition to my collection and I may buy it again when I run out. But since a little goes a long way it may be a while! But eyeshadows stay ALL day and so far I have had no problems with fading or creasing! HALLELUJAH!!!!

on 7/17/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing! Would repurchase again and again! Holds the eyeshadow in place forever, is easy to blend upon and provides a beautiful base

on 7/11/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolute must have for me! Evens out lid discoloration, provides non-slip base for other eye makeup or to wear on its own. Soooo much prettier than eye primer! MAC is absolutely the best I've found for eye products!

on 7/9/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing product. Keeps eyeshadow in place longer, facilitates more eyeshadow color pay-off. Smoothes out discolouration. Practical, simple packaging.

on 7/7/2013 8:01:00 PM

Great alone or with eye make up. Cut down on creasing by 90%

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I like this- it gives amazing color payoff! Buuuuuuut unfortunately this was too dry to be used on my lids! I always used a littttte eensie weensie bit of eye cream before applying and that seemed to help, but I only use this for colorful eye looks anymore. I haven't had an issue with this drying out (in the pot) as of yet, but I have heard of people having that problem.

on 6/29/2013 4:12:00 AM

Evens out the lid color providing a very polished rosy nude look. Enhancing the color of eyeshadows worn on top. Powdering slightly over after application improves staying power. I wouldn`t recommend wearing another eyeshadow base underneath as then the formula gets pasty emphasizing every single wrinkle you don`t even have yet.

This is a great base.
I use this as an eyeshadow primer and it works great.
The colors stay vibrate and they do not crease. My eyeshadows also blend very nicely on top of this.
This formula is very think so you can totally wear it alone without any eyeshadows on top of it which is great.
Just like everything i have used of MAC products - a little goes a long ways.
You dont need to put a lot of this product on for it to work.

If you store this away for a while, it will dry out and then there is no saving it. Make sure you store it upside down and it will help lock in the moisture.

on 6/16/2013 5:48:00 PM

In my opinion, this product is WAY over-hyped. Since I have oily eyelids, most eyeshadows crease on me, including Painterly. I also don't like how it can emphasize dry eyelids. It is also more on the dry side, thus, being hard to blend. It is a good base, but it is something I can definitely live without.

on 6/13/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this as an eye shadow base almost daily and have never found anything as good. Used to use Cliniques touchbase but this far superior plus you get 5x as much product.

HG prduct! <3