August 28, 2014 | 1751 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xoxoLN

I purchased my CHI ceramic flat iron about 4 years ago for about 130$ & it was one of my best purchases. It heats up quickly, its easy to use, great swivel cord, & It'll give you that shiny sleek finish that you're looking for. It also works as a curling iron once you learn how to use it to curl ur hair. It works as great as it did as when I first purchased it. I love my CHI. I do wish that I waited a couple years after because they started coming out with different colors and designs for the straightener. I have the original black one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found the construction of this flat iron, as well as it's abilities to straighten hair, sub par. It felt cheap and didn't perform well at all. It doesn't compare to my HAI Glider or my Sedu.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had mine for about two or three years now, and while I may not use it every single day, I use it enough for it to be well worth the investment. I haven't any real problems with it, either, although I DO NOT recommend using this to curl your hair, even though I know it's possible. The result can be very cute, but it's just not worth all the trouble. Also, the lack of controls is a little annoying, but it more than makes up for it by heating up quickly and straightening VERY effectively. It only takes me about five minutes to do my hair with this, and it looks great. That kind of confidance in that amount of time is priceless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by wwidgirl

Love this. bought it in the states at target or a little over $100. Totally worth the money. Best flat ironing I've ever used (although I've never tried the other more expensive ones).

I use it to straighten and also to curl (learned to do this on youtube). Makes my hair look shiny and healthy. This combined with my kerastase ciment thermique really do my hair good. fantastique.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Worth the hype. I've used so many flat irons, and yes, there really is something special to this one. I have thin, fine hair that is nevertheless curly and frizzy, and I've had far less damage with this than I had with what I was using before.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT 4/18/11 over a year with the Sedu and I'm am still loving it!

Oh, the Chi. Seemed like the best investment at first! Ok so I have in between straight and wavy hair (not a lot of fuss besides it is medium thick) BUT it's so ugly naturally I can't wear it anything but straight unless i use a curling iron. Anyways in 7th grade (2006) my friend did my hair with the CHI flat iron. It was an amazing result it was so straight i could run anything through it and not thing would get caught. Then I finally got it for Christmas the next year(2007). The CHI worked great and I usually used it everyday for school. Then less than a year later it started shorting out on me when i twisted the cord a certain way it also made a sparking noise when it did this. It had to be held in a certain position to keep on. Annoying? YES!

So since it hadn't been a year the warranty was not up on it so I sent it in for a new one. When I got the new one I expected it to work the same as the day I got it on Christmas. Nope. Same problem with the shorting out like they never even gave me a new one. I still used it though because I wasn't going to buy a new one. Then new problems formed such as when i press the hinge for it to go down it squeaks and sounds like it is going to break off.

NOW the worst problem with this thing is that it has a terrible burning smell! I actually stopped straightening my hair from may-october of 2009 because of the problem and just blow dried and round brushed it. Now that I got a hideous hair cut with layers that bush out I have to use it again! The burnt smell is horrible and it stays in my hair.

I am investing a Sedu 1 inch for my birthday soon and hoping that it works better.

The Chi has only one heat setting. The Chi shorts out after less than a year. The Chi is an overpriced piece of crap for a "salon professional beauty tool". The Chi makes your hair smell like it was in a fire. The Chi lasts less than a year. and the CHI is the most overhyped thing ever.

Do research on your beauty tool before you butcher your hair.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love my Chi!! I have had mine for over 5 years now and it is still working like brand new. I love that I can adjust the temperature, heats up quickly, has a swivel cord, and delivers great results of sleek, shiny, and smooth hair. I think I would be lost without it!! The initial cost of purchasing one can be a little steep, but the results and longevity of this tool pay for itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Upsides: Heats very quickly, straightens hair quickly, leaves hair relatively shiny, doesn't look damaged like with some hair straighteners.

Downsides: Price. Also, the iron gets very hot on the NON-ceramic side, which means that if you accidentally touch that side, or just move your hand too far up the handle, it will be VERY hot. I have done this repeatedly, and it annoys me- but not enough to disregard the positive attributes of this product.

Note: I put "no" for "would i buy again" only because I really don't want to shell out 100 bucks again- and I am hoping this one lasts me a long time. When/if it dies I may consider buying another one...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

got this for christmas and now i never want to be without it!!! im sure other brands such as GHD are comparable but the chi is pretty amazing. ive NEVER had a styling iron make my hair SO damn shiny and soft. its incredible. totally worth the $120 so GET IT! lol

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this flat iron as a gift from a friend about 3 or 4 years ago and it still works great. It heats up to the perfect temperature to straighten the frizziness out of my hair after washing and for straightening the kinky new growth from my hair in between relaxing my hair. I had used conair and gold n hot flat irons and I found that they seemed to damage my hair and took forever to straighten it with dull results. This gives me a silky shine and I don't know what I'd do without it. That being said this iron does occasionally snag my hair. Its not often enough to be excessive or anything but I dont see why it should do that. Ive heard good things about the GHD and although ive yet to try it, in the event (God forbid!) that my CHI does break my flat iron purchase will probably be between those two.