Farouk CHI Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

4.4

on 3/25/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

****USE WITH CAUTION****

My last and current hairdresser use the Chi Iron to straighten and to lightly bend my ends. I'm african american with relaxed hair that is very fine and soft. I was gung-ho and determined that I could create the same results as a professional. It didn't work out well, I lost about 2 inches of hair in the process. I literally burned my hair out. Thankfully I was able to easily return it at Ulta.

This iron is great if you know what you are doing, or if you have super thick indesctructible hair (I used to use a clothing iron to straighten my friend from college's thick long curly hair). I'm so jealous. . .

I would recommend this iron to others but discourage those that have fine fragile hair like mine. :-)

on 3/19/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

there are tons of reviews for this product. I have natural wavy hair and i straighten my hair every the other day. this product works so well. It heats up quickly, straightens quickly and doesnt harm your hair like other traditional flat irons do. 5 lippies for no doubt.

on 3/14/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the absolute best straightener I've ever owned. It heats up so, so quickly - and makes my hair smoother than it's ever been before. It's easy to use & never pinches or pulls on my hair. Also, the ceramic plates never cake up with product (even though I use 3 products BEFORE straightening!)

on 3/14/2010 10:49:00 PM

I got this as a graduating gift in 2002 Ive used it everyday on myself n everysingle one of my clients I'm a stylist n I have to say CHI is the go to brand for flat irons I will never use another brand leaves ur hair soft n I use mine to curl or straighten mine n my client hair ;)

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have been using this iron for about 7 years.Back then you could only buy them at salons and the price was about $130(ish).Now I can go anywhere and get one.I buy mine from Folica.com for about $70 with free shipping.I use it just about everyday and I'm on my third one.Nothing last forever and I think that using a product everyday for 2-3 years is pretty good.I have thick wavy hair that wants to do what it wants,but this iron makes my hair so shiny and straight.The hair styling products they have arealso very good .

on 3/10/2010 7:34:00 PM

I have went through 2 of these straighteners. I got mine last summer after watching youtubers rave over this flat iron. The first time I used this, I was thrilled. I had gone from a crappy Revlon to this amazing flat iron. It made my hair pin straight, was quick to heat up and straighten my hair, and it made it shiny with no frizz. It was honestly the perfect iron. Then around Christmas 09, the same year, one day my CHI didn't turn on no matter what so i got a new CHI hoping mine was just defective. Again, the CHI amazed me, it worked perfectly on my thin but hard to straighten, really layered hair. Then this year in Feb. the light on my CHI never blinked and it did not get as hot, adding another ten minutes on the time it took to straighten my hair. So now I am stuck with 2 broken CHI straighteners.
Basically, the CHI is amazing but it does not last. Keep in mind I took very good care of my iron, I have never dropped it or anything. If you want a really good straightener and are willing to risk it breaking, then I guess you should get this one. But if you want one that will last you, then you might not want to risk spending $$ on this.

on 3/8/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased my CHI ceramic flat iron about 4 years ago for about 130$ & it was one of my best purchases. It heats up quickly, its easy to use, great swivel cord, & It'll give you that shiny sleek finish that you're looking for. It also works as a curling iron once you learn how to use it to curl ur hair. It works as great as it did as when I first purchased it. I love my CHI. I do wish that I waited a couple years after because they started coming out with different colors and designs for the straightener. I have the original black one.

on 3/8/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I found the construction of this flat iron, as well as it's abilities to straighten hair, sub par. It felt cheap and didn't perform well at all. It doesn't compare to my HAI Glider or my Sedu.

on 3/4/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've had mine for about two or three years now, and while I may not use it every single day, I use it enough for it to be well worth the investment. I haven't any real problems with it, either, although I DO NOT recommend using this to curl your hair, even though I know it's possible. The result can be very cute, but it's just not worth all the trouble. Also, the lack of controls is a little annoying, but it more than makes up for it by heating up quickly and straightening VERY effectively. It only takes me about five minutes to do my hair with this, and it looks great. That kind of confidance in that amount of time is priceless.

on 3/4/2010 10:14:00 PM

Love this. bought it in the states at target or a little over $100. Totally worth the money. Best flat ironing I've ever used (although I've never tried the other more expensive ones).

I use it to straighten and also to curl (learned to do this on youtube). Makes my hair look shiny and healthy. This combined with my kerastase ciment thermique really do my hair good. fantastique.

Top Rated Farouk CHI Products