July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Found out that this is a good dupe for my mac mineralize skin finish powder. So I gave it a try and really enjoyed it! Gives me a good amount of coverage and has a nice smell to it. Theres no shimmer and anything fancy about it, just a mat powder, which I like. Does not cause me to look cakey, even when I use a foundation underneath. Its a good price for its value. There is no spf so I am also allowed to use this when I go out at night. Travel friendly and the packaging is fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually purchase face powders anywhere other department store makeup counters. That being said, I'm ecstatic that I gave this product a chance! It keeps my oily/combo skin shine-free and lasts quite awhile before a touch-up is required. I apply this product with a travel kabuki brush, and it goes on like a dream. (Pun not intended.) I'm quite impressed with this product and would recommend it to others out there who have oily skin. I do not recommend using the puff that comes with this product because it collects oil off of the face and is difficult to keep clean. I would definitely suggest using a powder brush for application. 5 stars for the powder part of the compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

Amazing powder!!! It's really translucent and sets your make up amazing. Never looks cakey! I think it's very comperable to mac's prep + prime face powder, only this one is way cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kattday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great powder! I never buy drugstore (face) cosmetics because of past upsets, but I am impressed by Maybelline's Dream Matte pressed powder. I have very sensitive/oily skin and always look for products that are oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. I have been using this powder for several weeks now and I have not broken out!

This feels so silky on my skin. It doesn't look cakey at all - very natural. I use this to set my foundation and blot excess oil. I would say that this is comparable to MAC's blot powder. I have used MAC's blot powder for years, and Maybelline's powder is a much cheaper and equally effective alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by elgruetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For a drug store brand, I find this product to be a great bargain - it goes on smoothly and naturally. I brush it on after I apply my liquid foundation and also throughout the day as necessary. The color looks natural and the finish is very nice. I have tried others, but seem to keep coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SleepyLabRat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best powder I've ever used. I bought it based on the reviews here and I have not been disappointed. It leaves me matte but not parched, minimizing pores without accentuating fine lines. I'm not crazy about the packaging (I carry a retractable kabuki brush with it in my purse), but other than that, this powder is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a great matte powder. I haven't tried a lot to compare only because I check the ingredients first and it is hard to find one that doesn't have some oat, rice or corn type of powder when I shopped for a matte one. ( have trouble with breakouts with the food-type powders.) This Dream Matte leaves a nice finish and helps some hide my larger pores as well. I don't have to blot as often as I did before using this which is a big plus. My only complaint is the design to the puff holder. The mirror is a waste under the puff because it gets blurry. I hope Maybelline keeps this formula if they ever re-design the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- oil control
- flawless matte finish

Cons

- no coverage

Comments: This is a sheer pressed powder, so don't expect any coverage front this. I prefer using this for touch ups as it does a fantastic job at controlling oil and making my makeup look just as it did when I first applied it.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I was amazed at how well it works. It doesn't need any blotting or retouching for at least 8 hours. Only con is that it doesn't give much coverage. I just use a concealer for that and everything is all fine and dandy.

The little puff/sponge thing is pretty useless though. I just use MAC's Studio Tech sponge or even the brandless drugstore make-up sponges work better than the little rag thing Dream Matte provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This a good back up powder. I use it on my super oily skin and it helps keep the oil at bay. Not quite my HG, but one of my "must haves".