October 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Started using this 1 year ago. Will never be without again. Very wet, goes on very wet but for me this is good because it fills in lines and pores. It thickens as it dries and I use a makeup sponge to pat it into a perfect smooth finish. The face and body foundation is light coverage. This won't work for you if you like a medium or heavy coverage.. but if you are looking for a product to even your skin and have a 'natural' appearance this stuff is GREAT.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a nc 30-33. i use mac's face and body in #3 and use mufe in #32 beige(w/pump).

i love this product. if i didnt have oily acne prone skin, I'd love it even more, however, I do have to set with powder(mufe loose matte powder in sand) or it'd take me about 5 blotting sheets after 3 hours to reduce shine.

At most I get, medium coverage using 3 light layers with my mac 188 brush. This will ever so slightly cover my dark spots, but this will even out skin tone, gets rid of redness, and gives you a look of healthy skin(esp if you have normal/combo skin). I can't get over the fact it looks incredibly natural.

It has a weird gelatinous texture with a a scent that reminds me of a non-chemically lemon pinesol (offputting description I know), but it's not as bad as Mac's Studio Fix Liquid or Revlon Colorstay.

Usually I use mufe face and body and use mufe full coverage concealer #6 or 7,cant remember the number, for that perfect non-cakey look

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by phoebe22

i was a die hard MAC Face and body-- until i found this. the BEST light foundation ever. it is INVISIBLE on. even when i put 2 layers on to cover some redness. i do find that with my combo skin i need to set with powder and maybe have a mid-day touchup with powder. with MAC i looked greasy and gross after 2 hours. my new fave!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Disclaimer – Not a true product review; mixed foundation with MAC Face & Body White to find suitable shade.

Pros:
Coverage - reduces redness, light but buildable if needed
Packaging - pump
Consistency
Longevity – 6+ hrs wear without touch up

Cons:
Color - Pink Porcelain 38 far too dark
Price - (must think of it as an investment)
Smell - floral

Skin Type – Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration – Cool toned and very fair

Make Up For Ever is an amazing brand, though their prices aren’t something that I can typically afford. I decided to take the plunge and “invest”. I bought their Face & Body late last year and have really enjoyed this foundation.

I must mix the shade Pink Porcelain 38 with MAC Face & Body White to get the right shade for my skintone. I tend to get oily gradually along my T-zone, the area around my mouth is on the drier side, and above all my skin reacts poorly (allergic) to almost every product. Face & Body is a dream on my skin. It doesn’t cling to dry spots, it lasts amazingly well on my T-zone, and it hasn’t given my skin a rash. I don’t suffer from acne, just the occasional blemish, so I don’t know how well it covers acne and/or scaring.

The finish can be on the “dewy” side as-is, but a good finishing powder gives it a very nice satin finish. It doesn’t transfer with my skin type. It’s the perfect product when my skin is dehydrated. Unlike MAC Face & Body, I can wear this during the summer. This foundation lasts quite well during the humid and ungodly hot southern summer months.

In comparison to MAC Face & Body, Make Up For Ever’s consistency is slightly thicker, almost gel-like. It’s easier to work with than MAC in my opinion. I use a stippling brush and my fingers to get the best application with both brands. Make Up For Ever’s finish is less dewy than MAC, so I reckon those with oilier skin would have better luck with Make Up For Ever.

This is a very good product and well worth the investment. Since I mix it with MAC Face & Body White, I get double the product. This foundation will last me a long time so the price didn’t make me kill over. However, if you used this product right out of the bottle on a daily basis, I would guess that the price may become problematic down the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by joely8

Pricey for a foundation but definitely worth it. Goes on very sheer (which is great when you want makeup that is barely there) but it is also very easy to layer if you want heavier coverage. It doesn't feel or more importantly, look too cakey on the skin primarily because the formula is made mostly with water. It gives a very nice healthy dewy finish. I use mine with the Makeup forever HD colour correcting primer in green (because I have red undertone in my cheeks) and I'm beyond happy with the final result. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by themullens220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am NC42/44 and the #36 was a tad too light for me-so I got the #18 and it's a tad too dark- I can't win! However, I really like it because it is sheer and dewey, although it can get shiny on the T-zone at the end of the day... and I have dry skin! I could use powder over it but my face doesn't like powder. It is expensive but you get over 1.5 oz. It feels very watery on my fingertips but absorbs quite well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is light, evens out my complexion and is long lasting. The best method IMO is to use the fingers. It melts the foundation into the skin and blends out more smoothly. The finish is very glowy but not overly dewy on my skin (normal/combo). I set with a little pressed powder and I'm good to go. If you have oily skin and the glowy finish is too much for you, wait 2-3 mins after applying the foundation and then take some tissue or blotting paper to dab those excess oils away, and your foundation should last a bit longer.

It looks virtually invisible on my skin, just giving a healthy glow, covering redness and evening my skin out. It's not heavy coverage so you may want to use concealer if you have extra blemishes. The coverage is perfect for me though as my skin is decent.

It DOES transfer a little in my experience, so I would never use it on the rest of my body. The MAC f&b is much more transfer-proof than the MUFE version. Lasting power is great on me, at least 8 hours even in warmer climates. It's great for summer time as it's nice and light, but also good for the colder winter months as it's hydrating. The formula is 80% water with a few added silicones, mango butter oil, glycerin and pigments. This is what makes it so moisturizing.

I love the pump dispenser but the glass bottle is a bit of a hassle. The price is quite high as well, nearly £30! Very expensive but the bottle lasts me ages.

I mix the shades 20 and 34 (NC28 right now). I've tried the shade 32 but it looked a bit orange on me, which is why I have to mix the 20 and 34 together instead. It's a great match for my skin, just a bit less yellow toned.

Onto the negatives...I wish it wasn't fragranced, and I suspect that this foundation clogs the pores on my cheeks and chin. I always seem to wake up to new pimples after wearing this. Nothing too extreme, but noticeable. Kind of suprising as the MAC f&b doesn't do this to my skin...

So whilst I do love how it looks and lasts, I hate the clogged pores it gives me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I had so many sample in my life of this foundation and today I am going out and buy it. The shade range is wide, is lasts all day and this perfect sheer I have always wanted

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

My new favorite summer foundation. I have had a very hard time finding foundation to match my skin. I have pale, neutral skin with a beige undertone. Most foundation for pale people is either way too pink or way too yellow. Shade 20 matches my skin perfectly when I'm tan (well as tan as I get). For the rest of the year, I wear MUFE HD in shade 117.

I have combination skin with a few post-acne hyper pigmentation marks and I sometimes have acne flare-ups. I hate the look/feel of full coverage foundation. I apply it with a damp stippling brush and 1.5 pumps gives nice coverage. This covers my hyper pigmentation marks and leaves me with a fresh, gorgeous glow that makes my skin look naturally luminous. I apply a touch of concealer over blemishes and a touch of powder, and I'm left with flawless skin. This doesn't even feel like I'm wearing makeup, and it moisturizes my skin. And...IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!! Miraculous.

UPDATE: I am on accutane now, so instead of greasepit skin, I now have super dry skin. And this is PERFECT. The HD foundation, while great when my skin was oily, just made my dry skin look dull and dried it out even more. With this, you can't tell that my skin is parched. I use a different method now than when it was oily. I apply jojoba oil on my face in the morning & the night before, make sure there are no flakes, then I pat this in a bit at a time with my fingers. I find applying it this way is better to make sure my flakes aren't accentuated. My mom asked what I did since she said my skin looked much better, she couldn't believe it was foundation. Also this doesn't exacerbate dryness. Love it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Color:
MUFE's color selection is excellent. I use 38 (pink porcelain) and it's light enough for me to wear in winter. It neither turns me yellow nor uber pink. I don't even have to be careful to blend in edges. That's a first!
Texture:
As everyone else has mentioned this is a unique jelly-like texture. If you shake it up (and I do mean shake it up, get jiggy with it!) it turns into a liquid which spreads very easily. I find it works best with my fingers as your brushes will just soak it up and leave streaks. It feels very cool and soothing during application and leaves your skin very smooth to the touch. It leaves a youthful dewy finish and I just tone it down with some powder in my t-zone. Essentially left bare this works as a highlighter for me which is absolutely brilliant.
Coverage:
This is a light coverage foundation, so don't expect any major miracles. It excels at canceling out redness and it leaves a dewy sheen which I find really draws away from flaws. Concealer is crucial though if you have any sort of skin problems. You can layer it very well also and generally I find I do use quite a bit more foundation than I would with my other staples. I've owned this for about three months now and the bottle is already more than half empty.
Smell:
This smells like roses and it is quite strong, so if you're sensitive to that type of smell give it a pass. I actually quite like it even though I'm not too fond of strong smelling cosmetics.
Verdict:
This foundation is perfect for you if a) you don't have major skin flaws such as acne b) you are looking for a dewy finish and / or just use powder to control you oil c) you can never find a shade that matches you and d) you have some cash to spare because even though this containts 1.7 ounces instead of the regular 1.0 you will also use more than with other foundations.For me this really is HG material.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No