December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

Good product, didnt break my skin out, goes on nicely. This is a very sheer light weight foundation. If you have really spotty skin it isn't going to give you great coverage. The images on this product above aren't really true to form. If you have super clear skin to begin with then this is an amazing product. If you don't have super clear skin be prepared to use corrector and powder to hide flaws.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works well with my dry skin, if I moisturize thoroughly. Has a slight dewy finish. #20 is a decent match to my NC15-20 face, but foundation is light enough for color to be forgiving yet very build-able. I apply in small sections, with fingers, working rapidly; it is quick drying. I lightly press powder onto my t-zone and love the results. Almost HG, when I learned how to work with it. MUST shake and make sure you get a bottle with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Started using this 1 year ago. Will never be without again. Very wet, goes on very wet but for me this is good because it fills in lines and pores. It thickens as it dries and I use a makeup sponge to pat it into a perfect smooth finish. The face and body foundation is light coverage. This won't work for you if you like a medium or heavy coverage.. but if you are looking for a product to even your skin and have a 'natural' appearance this stuff is GREAT.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a nc 30-33. i use mac's face and body in #3 and use mufe in #32 beige(w/pump).

i love this product. if i didnt have oily acne prone skin, I'd love it even more, however, I do have to set with powder(mufe loose matte powder in sand) or it'd take me about 5 blotting sheets after 3 hours to reduce shine.

At most I get, medium coverage using 3 light layers with my mac 188 brush. This will ever so slightly cover my dark spots, but this will even out skin tone, gets rid of redness, and gives you a look of healthy skin(esp if you have normal/combo skin). I can't get over the fact it looks incredibly natural.

It has a weird gelatinous texture with a a scent that reminds me of a non-chemically lemon pinesol (offputting description I know), but it's not as bad as Mac's Studio Fix Liquid or Revlon Colorstay.

Usually I use mufe face and body and use mufe full coverage concealer #6 or 7,cant remember the number, for that perfect non-cakey look

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by phoebe22

i was a die hard MAC Face and body-- until i found this. the BEST light foundation ever. it is INVISIBLE on. even when i put 2 layers on to cover some redness. i do find that with my combo skin i need to set with powder and maybe have a mid-day touchup with powder. with MAC i looked greasy and gross after 2 hours. my new fave!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Disclaimer – Not a true product review; mixed foundation with MAC Face & Body White to find suitable shade.

Pros:
Coverage - reduces redness, light but buildable if needed
Packaging - pump
Consistency
Longevity – 6+ hrs wear without touch up

Cons:
Color - Pink Porcelain 38 far too dark
Price - (must think of it as an investment)
Smell - floral

Skin Type – Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration – Cool toned and very fair

Make Up For Ever is an amazing brand, though their prices aren’t something that I can typically afford. I decided to take the plunge and “invest”. I bought their Face & Body late last year and have really enjoyed this foundation.

I must mix the shade Pink Porcelain 38 with MAC Face & Body White to get the right shade for my skintone. I tend to get oily gradually along my T-zone, the area around my mouth is on the drier side, and above all my skin reacts poorly (allergic) to almost every product. Face & Body is a dream on my skin. It doesn’t cling to dry spots, it lasts amazingly well on my T-zone, and it hasn’t given my skin a rash. I don’t suffer from acne, just the occasional blemish, so I don’t know how well it covers acne and/or scaring.

The finish can be on the “dewy” side as-is, but a good finishing powder gives it a very nice satin finish. It doesn’t transfer with my skin type. It’s the perfect product when my skin is dehydrated. Unlike MAC Face & Body, I can wear this during the summer. This foundation lasts quite well during the humid and ungodly hot southern summer months.

In comparison to MAC Face & Body, Make Up For Ever’s consistency is slightly thicker, almost gel-like. It’s easier to work with than MAC in my opinion. I use a stippling brush and my fingers to get the best application with both brands. Make Up For Ever’s finish is less dewy than MAC, so I reckon those with oilier skin would have better luck with Make Up For Ever.

This is a very good product and well worth the investment. Since I mix it with MAC Face & Body White, I get double the product. This foundation will last me a long time so the price didn’t make me kill over. However, if you used this product right out of the bottle on a daily basis, I would guess that the price may become problematic down the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by joely8

Pricey for a foundation but definitely worth it. Goes on very sheer (which is great when you want makeup that is barely there) but it is also very easy to layer if you want heavier coverage. It doesn't feel or more importantly, look too cakey on the skin primarily because the formula is made mostly with water. It gives a very nice healthy dewy finish. I use mine with the Makeup forever HD colour correcting primer in green (because I have red undertone in my cheeks) and I'm beyond happy with the final result. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by themullens220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am NC42/44 and the #36 was a tad too light for me-so I got the #18 and it's a tad too dark- I can't win! However, I really like it because it is sheer and dewey, although it can get shiny on the T-zone at the end of the day... and I have dry skin! I could use powder over it but my face doesn't like powder. It is expensive but you get over 1.5 oz. It feels very watery on my fingertips but absorbs quite well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is light, evens out my complexion and is long lasting. The best method IMO is to use the fingers. It melts the foundation into the skin and blends out more smoothly. The finish is very glowy but not overly dewy on my skin (normal/combo). I set with a little pressed powder and I'm good to go. If you have oily skin and the glowy finish is too much for you, wait 2-3 mins after applying the foundation and then take some tissue or blotting paper to dab those excess oils away, and your foundation should last a bit longer.

It looks virtually invisible on my skin, just giving a healthy glow, covering redness and evening my skin out. It's not heavy coverage so you may want to use concealer if you have extra blemishes. The coverage is perfect for me though as my skin is decent.

It DOES transfer a little in my experience, so I would never use it on the rest of my body. The MAC f&b is much more transfer-proof than the MUFE version. Lasting power is great on me, at least 8 hours even in warmer climates. It's great for summer time as it's nice and light, but also good for the colder winter months as it's hydrating. The formula is 80% water with a few added silicones, mango butter oil, glycerin and pigments. This is what makes it so moisturizing.

I love the pump dispenser but the glass bottle is a bit of a hassle. The price is quite high as well, nearly £30! Very expensive but the bottle lasts me ages.

I mix the shades 20 and 34 (NC28 right now). I've tried the shade 32 but it looked a bit orange on me, which is why I have to mix the 20 and 34 together instead. It's a great match for my skin, just a bit less yellow toned.

Onto the negatives...I wish it wasn't fragranced, and I suspect that this foundation clogs the pores on my cheeks and chin. I always seem to wake up to new pimples after wearing this. Nothing too extreme, but noticeable. Kind of suprising as the MAC f&b doesn't do this to my skin...

So whilst I do love how it looks and lasts, I hate the clogged pores it gives me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No