Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 10/25/2008 6:16:00 PM

I bought this product when it was first advertised on an info-mercial, as soon as it began to be available for canadians, but i do live in a tiny town in saskatchewan, so it is possible it had already been out for awhile. It came packaged very nicely, it was a very large group of products, brushes, eye shadows, liner, 3 seperate foundations, the veil,blushes, the cleanser, pretty compact with satin zip case,and the primer, and dvd-alot for around$200. at first i loved the coverage it gave, and that it had sunscreen in it, all of the colors were beautiful, and it hid all imperfections very well.But when i put the primer on, even after an hour, when i applied the powder, it made the primer roll off in patches, i had to start all over again! And i found it settled into the fine lines i was getting, which was nopt pretty. But the very worse part, the reason i will likely not purchase it again, is because it made my skin itch, alot! If it was not for the itching, i would probably buy this product again, or try another brand of it. The nice part about using it in hot weather, it did not smear or drop off, like some liquids do. Just the awful itching! I would like to know if this happens to others who use this product, or is it only me!?

on 10/12/2008 8:02:00 AM

Not impressed. I have no facial lines and only a couple very fine lines around my eyes and until I used this product I didn't know I had pores. My skin is fairly even toned with just a little ruddiness; this went on well, and looked good initially but as the evening wore on my face felt a little itchy and a lot dry but it went downhill from there; by the time I got home, the little bit of natural oiliness in my skin mixed with this stuff and I had little white polka dots of mica in every one of my pores but the worst was they eye area, it was like someone took a white magic marker and drew thin little white lines around my eyes., as I said, I have very few shallow lines around my eye area, but this make up sure found what lines I do have and made itself right at home in them.

On the upside, the mineral veil is a good setting powder for my cream or liquid foundations.

This stuff is awesome,I hate thick cakey foundation/powder more than anything.I always try to achieve the natural look,couple of sweeps with this stuff and perfecto au natural.Nice price to c",)**

I received a 10 day free sample with a mini kabuki brush and I LOVE IT! It covers up the redness around my nose (I have fair skin) and the little dark spots I have on my face. It is sweat proof, which is great when going to the gym after work. There is really no need for touch ups during the day either. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can't wait to buy the full size.

on 10/2/2008 11:53:00 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who did not like this product. I have always had extremely sensitive acne prone skin. After trying numerous foundations that didn't work with my skin type, I decided to try Bare Escentuals. It worked pretty well the first month and then it started to irritate my skin. Also, it didn't give my skin that healthy glow that it claims on the commercials. I was disappointed because I had spent a lot of money on it. I decided to take a break from the product for a few months and then go back to it. The same thing happened again after using it for a couple of weeks. I now use the Clinique mineral makeup compact and absolutely love it!

on 9/21/2008 5:34:00 PM

HG, so my mom had a trial at one of the stores and i was disappointed, firstly it made pores more noticeable, when i pointed this out to the makeup artist, she said there is nothing any makeup could do- which i knew wasn't true, but wasn't in the mood to disagree. And ended up with a very cakey appearance x

on 9/12/2008 10:16:00 PM

I Love It! At first it was just because its so easy to apply. I use the buki brush for the foundation to even out some redness. I have lots of freckles and always had a nightmare trying to find the right color of foundation. Now it really does look natural. I'm not sold on the "warmth" color though, just too much for me. Maybe when I get a lighter touch it will look more natural. I also love the eyeshadows, but I use a cream eyeliner from Clinique, with the awesome Bare Escentuals liner brush. I also use a cream concealer before applying the foundation.

I'm not won over by these products- they're easy to apply but it's hard to make them look great in my opinion. Too little and you don't look flawless, too much and you look cakey. I never look perfect and dewy using these products, which is what I always hope to achieve :).

on 9/6/2008 12:49:00 PM

I just got the starter kit in Fair and I have to say that I love this stuff! Since using this on my face, my excema has cleared up and my skin looks amazing. I do find it a bit messy but other than that I love it. The three products in the kit (foundation, sheer colour and mineral veil) really give your face a glow and it lasts quite a while. I usually hate foundation as it always feels like a mask and breaks out my sensitive skin, but this really doesn't. Yours skin just looks perfect, not made-up. I use my Clinique bronzer over this too and it still looks great. So anyone with sensitive skin should really give this a try.

on 8/25/2008 10:13:00 PM

I love bare minerals. they're messy at first, but SO worth it. My face looks airbrushed. The one thing i hate is the bismuth that makes my face itch when its hot, but i'm willing to keep using it because it has given me the best results.