Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 10/2/2008 11:53:00 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who did not like this product. I have always had extremely sensitive acne prone skin. After trying numerous foundations that didn't work with my skin type, I decided to try Bare Escentuals. It worked pretty well the first month and then it started to irritate my skin. Also, it didn't give my skin that healthy glow that it claims on the commercials. I was disappointed because I had spent a lot of money on it. I decided to take a break from the product for a few months and then go back to it. The same thing happened again after using it for a couple of weeks. I now use the Clinique mineral makeup compact and absolutely love it!

on 9/21/2008 5:34:00 PM

HG, so my mom had a trial at one of the stores and i was disappointed, firstly it made pores more noticeable, when i pointed this out to the makeup artist, she said there is nothing any makeup could do- which i knew wasn't true, but wasn't in the mood to disagree. And ended up with a very cakey appearance x

on 9/12/2008 10:16:00 PM

I Love It! At first it was just because its so easy to apply. I use the buki brush for the foundation to even out some redness. I have lots of freckles and always had a nightmare trying to find the right color of foundation. Now it really does look natural. I'm not sold on the "warmth" color though, just too much for me. Maybe when I get a lighter touch it will look more natural. I also love the eyeshadows, but I use a cream eyeliner from Clinique, with the awesome Bare Escentuals liner brush. I also use a cream concealer before applying the foundation.

I'm not won over by these products- they're easy to apply but it's hard to make them look great in my opinion. Too little and you don't look flawless, too much and you look cakey. I never look perfect and dewy using these products, which is what I always hope to achieve :).

on 9/6/2008 12:49:00 PM

I just got the starter kit in Fair and I have to say that I love this stuff! Since using this on my face, my excema has cleared up and my skin looks amazing. I do find it a bit messy but other than that I love it. The three products in the kit (foundation, sheer colour and mineral veil) really give your face a glow and it lasts quite a while. I usually hate foundation as it always feels like a mask and breaks out my sensitive skin, but this really doesn't. Yours skin just looks perfect, not made-up. I use my Clinique bronzer over this too and it still looks great. So anyone with sensitive skin should really give this a try.

on 8/25/2008 10:13:00 PM

I love bare minerals. they're messy at first, but SO worth it. My face looks airbrushed. The one thing i hate is the bismuth that makes my face itch when its hot, but i'm willing to keep using it because it has given me the best results.

on 8/9/2008 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love...this. I was a phycians formula girl until i looked in too many mirrors and figured out that the color didn't quite match. So after long debate I swallowed my $80 and ordered it. I love it. It feels so good going on, and looks amazing. It stays put FOREVER and even at a little diner that I work 8 hour shifts as a waitress, i still look good after. My t-zone is oily, but it has calmed down since trying BE. Really love it. Mineral Veil "blurrs" my pores on my nose very well. Very natural looking, like I'm not trying hard. Love it. Will re-purchase.

on 7/7/2008 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Its nothing but shimmer! Has way too much mica in it! Great if you wanna look like an old lady cause it will give you the look of fine lines. Way too expensive for such little amount of product. Brush it came with is crap, very scratchy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review and i just had to warn other women about this product.i like many women saw the infomercial, and just had to have this new miracle product, so i ordered it, and when it arrived i was pleasantly suprised with the easy application, so i continued using it for about 6 months, during this time i ocassionally broke out, but i assumed it was stress. so i purchased a new set, and used it for about 3 more months, well after those 3 months, my skin totally changed, it was constantly broke out, had flaky dry patches, itchy red bumps all over, and the gentlest of cleaners, made my face burn and sting sooo bad. i also noticed tiny white bumps under my eyes. milia?? too sum it up i had very clear/even skin when i first started using this about a year ago, i just recently stopped using this about 3 months ago, and my face is now barely starting to look like it did before. i really like the concept of bare minerals, but the actual product is anything but great ,and far from pure and natural.

on 6/30/2008 12:16:00 PM

I didn't like this. I tried to use it for a while, and just couldn't stick with it. My skin broke out from this, despite what they claim! The kabuki brush was harsh on my skin too, not soft at all. This also moved around on my face! It didn't stay put at all. Yuck!