November 28, 2014 | 1035 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use it every day so I can't say if it breaks me out yet. However, it is quite greasy, and it has a pasty feeling because of the SPF. Also, it gives the face a white look. It is more of sunscreen than a primer. I still think it accomplishes its purpose on hot and sunny summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lyo62

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It's gives me a f
Awless finish under my Mac studio fix. Do not recommend wearing this at night while trying to take photos under flash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My sensitive skin reacts badly to most primers but this one is fine. It controls my oily t-zone really well and helps keep my makeup in place all day long. The added SPF 50 is a bonus but I use a seperate broadscreen protection SS underneath anyway. It's not heavy or sticky on my skin and doesn't have much of a silicone feel like most primers do (I personally hate over-siliconey primers as it clogs my pores really badly)...downsides are the packaging and the price for the small amount of product you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wonderful primer, one of the few I've found with an SPF that didn't go on incredibly thick or give my tanned skin a ghostly appearance, though it is a little bit thicker than I like in a primer. Also has the unexpected added benefit of being great at oil control, much more than MAC's oil control lotion on its own. 5-lippy worthy, but I had to remove one due to the horrendous packaging. As many others have mentioned it's a hard plastic that isn't conducive to getting the last bit of the product out, you have to cut it open. If it weren't for that, this would be an absolutely perfect primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Krissee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really nice primer and the spf 50 makes it even more worth it. I actually bought it more for the spf rather than the primer but the primer is really good too. I put it over my clinique moisturizer since the moisturizer doesnt have spf. it makes my make up go on very smooth with a nice finish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried many a primer but nothing comes close to Prep and Prime Face Protect. This is the only primer that seems to be able to keep my shiny t-zone in check. I tested this with a long bike ride through the city on a hot summer's day. When I got home I was tired and sweaty, but my make-up looked just as good as when I left home. It's closer to a sunscreen than a primer in texture. It applies easily and provides an excellent base for make-up. One of the best things about this product is that it is a physical sunblock, not a chemical sunscreen. The main active ingredient is titanium dioxide, which provides stable, long-lasting and safer sun protection. The downside to titanium dioxide is that is can give skin a whitish cast. I'm quite pale so I don't notice it on my skin, but if you're darker-skinned I recommend getting a sample to see how it looks. The reason it only gets 4/5 instead of a perfect score is because of the price and the packaging. It's very expensive for a small amount of product. It comes in this awful tube packaging which makes it hard to squeeze all of the product out. I solved that problem by cutting off the top to get to the last few bits and there was still a lot left. Despite its flaws, this is still the best primer product that I've found, and I will continue to repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

This is my go to product in the spring/summer months when I need extra SPF protection! I am probably not using it correctly since its technically a primer.. but I use it as my primer/moisturizer/sunscreen all in one. It moisturizes and primes enough that my makeup goes on niec and smooth. I am going camping this weekend and this is all I am taking with me for my face besides my Olay wipes. I love quick/easy/multi use products!!! It is pricey though. And I would most certainly change the packaging. Its cute but NOT practical. The rounded top mean it can't sit upright on your counter.. and the "tube" is like hard plastic instead of something you can really squeeze. Once I get down to the end I am sure I will cut the tube open to get out the rest of the product. Overall I love this in the summer and I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mhxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not mad about this primer. It was good for the first little while, then it went downhill.

Though I love that it is spf 50, which I need to use every day because I am so super pale, the texture is awful. Mine separated and went watery after about a month (despite being shaken before use and capped firmly after use, and being stored out of direct sunlight). Did anyone else have this problem?

I didn't like the packaging either, it was more lid than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by anpatel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im going to keep this simple and short. This primer is the first real primer I tried beside the monistat gel, and I hated the monistat! I am super obsessed with sunscreen and with the spf50, this is pretty much a great multi-tasking primer. It keeps my Mac PLW foundation pretty much perfect, it gives me a peace of mind knowing I am protecting my skin. My foundation does not change colors and this makes the application pretty easy because it even out my skin texture on contact. I really like it and highly recommend. I have sensitive skin and this has not really broken me out in any way. I do recommend trying this on a small area to make sure the skin doesnt react, but it is a great prepping tool very important in this summer heat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! Before this I was using Hard Candy primer but found that it was changing the colour of my foundation to be more ashy. At least that's what I noticed. Anyways I stopped using it but realized I really needed some kind of primer to help my MUFE Face and Body stay on longer and appear more matte. I researched MUA and found this one received great reviews for those with acne prone and oily skin. I also knew that I needed something with sunscreen that wouldn't leave my skin oilier. This seemed like the best candidate. I have been using this for two weeks and I find it gives much more oil control than any of the primers that I have used including Hard Candy. My Mufe Face and Body goes on more matte instead of dewy, and it certainly holds itself together for a good 12 hr day. There is also no change in colour on my face. I still have to blot but not for a good 5 hrs. I have acne prone skin and so far I have no break outs. The only negative thing is it doesnt have that smooth silicone feeling on your face but I'm willing to give that up for longer lasting makeup and sun protection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No