July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Krissee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really nice primer and the spf 50 makes it even more worth it. I actually bought it more for the spf rather than the primer but the primer is really good too. I put it over my clinique moisturizer since the moisturizer doesnt have spf. it makes my make up go on very smooth with a nice finish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried many a primer but nothing comes close to Prep and Prime Face Protect. This is the only primer that seems to be able to keep my shiny t-zone in check. I tested this with a long bike ride through the city on a hot summer's day. When I got home I was tired and sweaty, but my make-up looked just as good as when I left home. It's closer to a sunscreen than a primer in texture. It applies easily and provides an excellent base for make-up. One of the best things about this product is that it is a physical sunblock, not a chemical sunscreen. The main active ingredient is titanium dioxide, which provides stable, long-lasting and safer sun protection. The downside to titanium dioxide is that is can give skin a whitish cast. I'm quite pale so I don't notice it on my skin, but if you're darker-skinned I recommend getting a sample to see how it looks. The reason it only gets 4/5 instead of a perfect score is because of the price and the packaging. It's very expensive for a small amount of product. It comes in this awful tube packaging which makes it hard to squeeze all of the product out. I solved that problem by cutting off the top to get to the last few bits and there was still a lot left. Despite its flaws, this is still the best primer product that I've found, and I will continue to repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

This is my go to product in the spring/summer months when I need extra SPF protection! I am probably not using it correctly since its technically a primer.. but I use it as my primer/moisturizer/sunscreen all in one. It moisturizes and primes enough that my makeup goes on niec and smooth. I am going camping this weekend and this is all I am taking with me for my face besides my Olay wipes. I love quick/easy/multi use products!!! It is pricey though. And I would most certainly change the packaging. Its cute but NOT practical. The rounded top mean it can't sit upright on your counter.. and the "tube" is like hard plastic instead of something you can really squeeze. Once I get down to the end I am sure I will cut the tube open to get out the rest of the product. Overall I love this in the summer and I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mhxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not mad about this primer. It was good for the first little while, then it went downhill.

Though I love that it is spf 50, which I need to use every day because I am so super pale, the texture is awful. Mine separated and went watery after about a month (despite being shaken before use and capped firmly after use, and being stored out of direct sunlight). Did anyone else have this problem?

I didn't like the packaging either, it was more lid than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by anpatel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im going to keep this simple and short. This primer is the first real primer I tried beside the monistat gel, and I hated the monistat! I am super obsessed with sunscreen and with the spf50, this is pretty much a great multi-tasking primer. It keeps my Mac PLW foundation pretty much perfect, it gives me a peace of mind knowing I am protecting my skin. My foundation does not change colors and this makes the application pretty easy because it even out my skin texture on contact. I really like it and highly recommend. I have sensitive skin and this has not really broken me out in any way. I do recommend trying this on a small area to make sure the skin doesnt react, but it is a great prepping tool very important in this summer heat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! Before this I was using Hard Candy primer but found that it was changing the colour of my foundation to be more ashy. At least that's what I noticed. Anyways I stopped using it but realized I really needed some kind of primer to help my MUFE Face and Body stay on longer and appear more matte. I researched MUA and found this one received great reviews for those with acne prone and oily skin. I also knew that I needed something with sunscreen that wouldn't leave my skin oilier. This seemed like the best candidate. I have been using this for two weeks and I find it gives much more oil control than any of the primers that I have used including Hard Candy. My Mufe Face and Body goes on more matte instead of dewy, and it certainly holds itself together for a good 12 hr day. There is also no change in colour on my face. I still have to blot but not for a good 5 hrs. I have acne prone skin and so far I have no break outs. The only negative thing is it doesnt have that smooth silicone feeling on your face but I'm willing to give that up for longer lasting makeup and sun protection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

I bought this due to recommendations. I love it. I was looking for a sunscreen that I could use with my makeup, and this works perfectly on my combination skin. I hardly oil up at all. Now I do use E.L.F. setting spray, so it could be the combination of both products. But, I love it as a primer and sunscreen. Because it is expensive, I use a different primer at night that does not have sunscreen in it. If I am not using makeup, I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Nekole08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! I have an oily T-zone mostly my nose, it gets beyond super greasy within hours of washing my face. But this product kept me shine free for 14 hours!! I tried the Too Faced promed and poreless and that made my entire face into a big grease ball and my nose was more oily then it ever was before using it, let's say that went back after a week. I got this because of the reviews here on MUA and I have to say this site has not let me down yet so glad my friend told me about this site. So if you have problems like me with oily skin then I would mos def say give this a try. Doesn't hurt to try something new and if it doesn't work for you please don't hesitate to get your money back and try something else til you find what's right for you! just glad it only took me 2 trys lol. Again, LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. The bottle is super cute, black with colorful sparkles enbeded in it but they are not crazy bright. Just wish there was more in the bottle for the price but I use so little I see this one bottle lasting me a few months so with that said it is so worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this after hearing all the good reviews. Apparently makeup artistes like it very much. Unfortunately it broke out my sensitive skin. I have only used it for a week and now will just use it on the arms for its SPF function.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I apply this primer after my moisturiser but before applying my tinted moisturiser and concealer. My skin is quite flaky and I often find that lines are accentuated as I apply makeup but this product softens any lines on my forehead and around my mouth making them less obvious.

This primer will successfully set your makeup for the day and will stop it sliding. However after applying my makeup I still have to set my face using some powder - although the primer stops some of the oiliness from my moisturiser I do still get some shine on the T-zone.

The SPF 50 is the main reason I chose this primer over others as it enhances the sun protection my moisturiser gives me. I only wish MAC did a SPF primer for the eye area as well!

As has been said previously, the rigid bottle makes it difficult to dispense this product as it starts to run out and at £21 for 30ml it is rather pricey.
Overall though I would say that this is a good product. It delivers by creating an excellent canvas on which to apply your makeup and gives it staying power. When I use this everyone comments on how lovely my skin looks.
--------------------------------
UPDATE - I have now been using this product for a number of weeks and have noticed it is drying my skin out. I have switched to using Avon magix face perfector SPF20 and am finding that product seems to work much better for me as I do not require to use any powder (due to it eliminating shine completely) and most importantly it does not seem to dry my skin out.