August 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 4 months. I really like it. The granuales are not too rough, they are just right IMO. I use this for 3 nights and they I use the purity creamy cleanser for the other 4 nights. I really love philosphy products. I am always looking for something better but I am starting to break this habit and stick with what works best.

I have nevery broke out from this product. I will say that I have normal/dry skin. I don't have acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Left dissappointed. It didnt seem to make a huge difference. I prefer my ST IVES APRICOT SCRUB (cheap & works well).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by daniella

Works well for oily skin, feels good and seems to improve skin and keep it looking fresh in between more intensive scrubs (like microdelivery scrub) that I use less frequently.

The smell of it is a little weird, almost like a faintly rancid oil smell, which I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to smell or if it gets that way after being opened?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by little7elf

Tried the packet samples before but wasn't impressed because it was SO gentle. Then, I got a small bottle as a part of a Philosophy travel kit and began to use it a little more consistently. I use retinA micro sometimes so, despite my best moisturizing efforts, my skin can get a little dry and flakey. I now love the gentleness of this cleanser and find that with repeated uses still does not irritate my peeling skin and gradually evens it out for proper absorbing of moisturizer afterwards. I have just recently purchased a big size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by RachelEM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great! It says that it's gentle enough for daily use, but I believe that people exfoliate way too often! Though it is BY FAR the most gentle exfoliating wash I've ever seen/used, it would irritate my skin if I used something even slightly abrasive every day - my skin is super sensitive.
I use this stuff twice a week and I am always amazed at how soft and smooth my face feels after! I almost can't wait until exfoliation day because I know it's going to feel and look amazing.
The beads are super super tiny and not rough at all, and it makes your skin absolutely glow.
I don't think they should suggest that people exfoliate every day because I think it's unnecessary and probably not good for your skin, but I think it's a wonderful product and I love to use it! I'll be a life-long user! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very gentle and effective scrubby cleanser. My skin handles it just fine, even with every day use. Doesn't strip/dry out my skin at all and a bottle will last you ages because you don't need much at a time. Not my favorite in the world, but definitely on my list of cleansers I like a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PhatRabbit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't HATE this scrub, but it just didn't wow me...for the price I need a WOW! I won't repurchase, I'll stick to my Mia...it's a better investment overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I wanted a daily exfoliater for my dry, sensitive skin that would not be too harsh. I purchased this at my local Sephora and I think it was $25 for the 8oz. It only comes in one size unless you get one of the kits or the very large 32oz bottle with the pump. I use this in the morning as my cleanser. I put a small amount on my face brush and scrub lightly for 30 to 60 seconds and rinse. I follow with my toner and HIAJ for all skin types. I have been using for almost two months with no breakouts or skin irritation.

Pros: The granuales are so fine! They the size of a sugar or salt and the cleanser is smooth and creamy. It foams slightly if you use a face brush or Clarisonic and rinses completely without leaving any residue.
My skin feels baby soft and smooth when I use this.

Cons: I don't like the packaging. It should be in a pump or a squeeze bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by danabeltz

I was not impressed by this product at all. Not only did it break my face out(I stopped using b/c of a breakout, cleared up, then tried it again-boom!)
Not only did it make my face look worse, but I apparently got it too close to the eye area, woke up to my left eye completely swollen and itchy...Nice. This stuff is going out with the trash. I'm done.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't bought this simply because it wayy too expensive for me...but I did get a sample of it from another swap and I'm so glad that she included it because this stuff is amazing. It's very gentle on your skin and you don't have to use much more than a spot the size of a nickel. That much covers my whole face and gets the job done. My skin feels so soft after I use it for the rest of the night and part of the next day. Now the smell....on the other hand...is not pleasant at all. That could be one thing that Philosophy should work on for this product, but I can't really smell it whenever I'm massaging it on my face. Overall, it is a great product and I would buy it....IF I ever had that much money to spend on facial products, lol.