November 24, 2014 | 1892 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by rjcromie

Gorgeous foundation! I have only recently started using this when my beloved LM foundation ran out and this was recommended to me by a friend. The coverage is buildable which I like, as sometimes I only want a sheer coverage and some days I need a bit more! I use this over the smashbox original primer and the two work really well together. I would really recommend this and the primer to anyone with normal/dry skin. Smashbox makeup is pricey but worth it.
OK this makeup ended up making me break out badly on my chin ... :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by macbarbiexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of any Smashbox face products. This foundation is very gross and makes my skin feel very oily and it is not very easily blendable. It also seperated within the container and no matter how hard I shook it, it did not blend back together. It also had an orangey tinge to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by hondafan1122

Very oily consistency! I agree with what someone else said before, F0 is the lightest color they have and it was still too dark for me as well. After putting it on you couldn't even tell I had anything on. My HG foundations have been Teint Idole from Lancome and L'Oreal True Match foundation. I have birthmarks and get oily on my T-zone, and both of those products work great for me. I disliked Smashbox HD Healthy FX foundation and instead use it underneath or in addition to my other foundations just to use it up. I look shiny and dark even though this is their lightest color. I would NOT recommend this product at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by amoec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a very picky person when it comes to foundations but I found that i absoulty hate this product!! It was very oily and leaves my skin with no finish at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this item over a year ago. I purchased due to a blip in a rag mag. Anyways i feel a review is due. I had to update my review b/c i just used it the other night.
I could be baised, I prefer powder foundations like Studio Fix from MAC. It says its oil free, but its rather heavy and oily? I read another review that its like this b/c of the silicone used. Over all i felt like i was wearing a mask of makeup!
Also a negative is the lid after a while split & does not stay on... I had to tape it, so it would kind of stay... not cool for the $$$mulah spent =(
I would say away away if you are oily or even normal- oily!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by jessijune9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation for awhile, good foundation but nothing special. Did not have that wow factor for me. Looked very plain, nothing really to call it my must have foundation. Medium coverage, bottle lasts a long time. But the search continues for my perfect foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Cathj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation for my skin. It lasts all day when set with my bare minerals mineral veil. I also moisturize and then put the smashbox photofinish primer. It is easy to blend with a flat foundation brush, I use a mac 109. The consistency is thick and not runny. You get 1fl oz for $38 USD. The pump on it is easy to control and as the product is finished the bottom comes up, which makes it less wasteful and you can unscrew the cap to get the rest out. the only problem is the cap always falls off. It has medium coverage but is definitely buildable. A lot of people don't like how it separates but as long as you shake the bottle it mixes again. what amazes me is that a half a pump can cover my entire face, but I use another half a pump and put a second layer. This is amazing, but I'm searching for something cheaper that is just as amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by flickasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my fourth bottle of this foundation. The only thing I don't like is the lid, which has broken with zero abuse on each bottle I've bought. The product is wonderful if you like sheer, buildable coverage. And it never clogs my pores or looks like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by karenecashin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always stayed away from liquid foundations, until I found this one. Good color selection (although I think I really fall between F0 and F1 but they both work) and great coverage. Just a little does the job and I don't have to set with a light loose powder if I don't want to. Doesn't call attention to lines or wrinkles.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by x3gayle

I've bought this foundation at least 3 times in the past. Because I'm part German, part Filipino, it's hard for me to find foundation that matches my mixed skin tone. Smashbox delivers with their color range (I use M2 in the winder and M3 in the summer). It gives light coverage, but is very easy to build up. I use this when I'm not going to be out for the whole day because it gives an oily, "dewy" look a few hours after applying. Setting with powder and using a primer gives it more lasting power, but it has never exceeded more than 6 hours with me. If you're going dancing or partying, this will not be the foundation of choice.