Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/2/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think smashbox products are wonderful and sophisticated, and this foundation feels great. Its for dry skin or someone who wants a very dewy look or has mineral makeup to put on top. I personally could not find a shade so if you're below a nc35 all the colors are dark orange or red.

on 5/30/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok, I've had this foundation for 6 months and i feel like it would be a crime if i didn't write a review about it. It is uh-mazing and currently my HG foundation! It goes on silky smooth and covers light to medium for me. I have clear skin with red cheeks(rosacea) and this foundation does a good job at blending that redness out. My only complaint and the reason I gave it 4 stars is I wish it lasted longer. I put it on before work and when I get home its pretty much gone :(
I am Fair F1 in this product.

For reference:
Mac Studio Sculpt - NW15
MUFE HD - 115
MUFE Mat Velvet+ - 30
Nars Sheer Glow - Santa Fe

on 5/29/2010 2:55:00 PM

Gorgeous foundation! I have only recently started using this when my beloved LM foundation ran out and this was recommended to me by a friend. The coverage is buildable which I like, as sometimes I only want a sheer coverage and some days I need a bit more! I use this over the smashbox original primer and the two work really well together. I would really recommend this and the primer to anyone with normal/dry skin. Smashbox makeup is pricey but worth it.
OK this makeup ended up making me break out badly on my chin ... :(

on 5/10/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am not a fan of any Smashbox face products. This foundation is very gross and makes my skin feel very oily and it is not very easily blendable. It also seperated within the container and no matter how hard I shook it, it did not blend back together. It also had an orangey tinge to it.

on 5/9/2010 11:07:00 PM

Very oily consistency! I agree with what someone else said before, F0 is the lightest color they have and it was still too dark for me as well. After putting it on you couldn't even tell I had anything on. My HG foundations have been Teint Idole from Lancome and L'Oreal True Match foundation. I have birthmarks and get oily on my T-zone, and both of those products work great for me. I disliked Smashbox HD Healthy FX foundation and instead use it underneath or in addition to my other foundations just to use it up. I look shiny and dark even though this is their lightest color. I would NOT recommend this product at all!

on 4/24/2010 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am not a very picky person when it comes to foundations but I found that i absoulty hate this product!! It was very oily and leaves my skin with no finish at all!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this item over a year ago. I purchased due to a blip in a rag mag. Anyways i feel a review is due. I had to update my review b/c i just used it the other night.
I could be baised, I prefer powder foundations like Studio Fix from MAC. It says its oil free, but its rather heavy and oily? I read another review that its like this b/c of the silicone used. Over all i felt like i was wearing a mask of makeup!
Also a negative is the lid after a while split & does not stay on... I had to tape it, so it would kind of stay... not cool for the $$$mulah spent =(
I would say away away if you are oily or even normal- oily!

on 4/18/2010 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I used this foundation for awhile, good foundation but nothing special. Did not have that wow factor for me. Looked very plain, nothing really to call it my must have foundation. Medium coverage, bottle lasts a long time. But the search continues for my perfect foundation :)

on 4/11/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation for my skin. It lasts all day when set with my bare minerals mineral veil. I also moisturize and then put the smashbox photofinish primer. It is easy to blend with a flat foundation brush, I use a mac 109. The consistency is thick and not runny. You get 1fl oz for $38 USD. The pump on it is easy to control and as the product is finished the bottom comes up, which makes it less wasteful and you can unscrew the cap to get the rest out. the only problem is the cap always falls off. It has medium coverage but is definitely buildable. A lot of people don't like how it separates but as long as you shake the bottle it mixes again. what amazes me is that a half a pump can cover my entire face, but I use another half a pump and put a second layer. This is amazing, but I'm searching for something cheaper that is just as amazing.

on 3/25/2010 9:19:00 PM

I'm on my fourth bottle of this foundation. The only thing I don't like is the lid, which has broken with zero abuse on each bottle I've bought. The product is wonderful if you like sheer, buildable coverage. And it never clogs my pores or looks like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.