April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ejacks71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe this product has received such bad reviews. It does a great job of lengthening and separating lashes. It lasts literally for AGES, and it costs £5.. I would use this product over a high end brand mascara.. Lisa Eldridge has also said good things about this mascara and she's a top make-up artist.. I would highly recommend this mascara.. And would ask people to give it a chance before giving up on it...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

the only good thing to this, is the cute pink and lime green packaging. i really dont like this mascara at all. i've tried the waterproof version as well and it easily wore off in water.

Pros: packaging

Cons: flakes VERYeasily
transfers onto my eyelids throughout the day
wand is terrible, doesnt fully coat lashes, just paints the product on.
i wouldnt call this lengthening or volumizing, but just defining

i also think this product is very overpriced, as in canada its about $7 at my drugstores& walmart

a definite NOT repurchase!

I highly recommend maybelline the rocket though, its my HG

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by lindseymariec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara hasn't been as good as I had hoped, the liquid is very thin so it hardly shows and slides along your lashes and takes a while to dry so pulling a top on usually mucks up my lashes, the brush is very small which makes application fiddly, and I think it's just a bit overpriced. Overall, didn't really like the product only for my lower lashes and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

Cumple con lo que puedes esperar de una máscara que tiene un valor de $1.990CLP, no hace maravillas, pero tampoco es terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara fiend and it's taken me a long time to try Great Lash as an adult. There are simply so many mascaras on the market, that this gets overshadowed. For a product that so many people seem to hate, this was surprisingly difficult to find in stores. In fact, I had to go to 2 different stores. I snagged the last blackest black that they had in stock. They had none of the washable very black in stock.

Due to all the negative reviews, I went into this with no expectations. I normally go for a volumizing mascara. This is definitely more of a defining mascara, but it does add a little length too. I was very happy and surprised with how my lashes looked after two coats of Great Lash. They were long, curled, and dark. They had kind of a fluttery look that I liked. This is definitely more of a daytime mascara, still it's pretty good. I know that technically mascaras can't curl your lashes. I think what happened is that my natural curl remained because this is such a light formula (I hadn't even used a curler with this mascara btw). Of all the mascaras I've ever tried, I don't think I've ever seen my lashes look this curled with another mascara.

Besides Great Lashes' ability to keep a curl, the thing I liked most about this was the brush. I have small eyes. This compact brush was very easy for me to use. I found that I could really get at all of my lashes. I can't stand big brushes and this is definitely not one.

I can see why people might not like this because it certainly isn't the most dramatic mascara on the market. It is not the most sophisticated or innovative product out today. However, at around $5 a tube without any discounts or coupons, the price is right. It's worth a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by xxRomiChanxx

I wasn't looking for a mascara for a lot of volume or length, just something to darken my lashes and define them a bit. To that end, this mascara worked well. No clumps, and they looked very natural (perfect for school). However, I have EXTREMELY oily skin and this mascara smudged SO MUCH that my friend had to point out that my "mascara was running all over my under eye area". That's pretty much a deal breaker for me, raccoon eyes are not my style.

Sadly, I'm probably not going to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is great for anyone who wants to waste money on complete crap :)

So Imagine taking a black watercolor paint, dipping a mascara wand in it, then painting it on your eyelashes. Then one hour later, having it flake all over your face. Then a couple more hours later, having watery eyes, and ending up with mascara all over your face,

I guarantee if you purchase this product you will never regret anything more :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by artsymi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ick, worse mascara ever! It doesn't do much, unless you want an extremely natural look - ie. it will just coat your lashes with black goop. I try to use my eye lash curler in hopes that it will do something, but it doesn't hold a curl at all.

You can find it really cheap in Canada. I guess it's one of those you get what you pay for products!

There are way better mascaras on the market. Whoever said it's the most popular amongst MUAs is nuts.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

This is an "alright " mascara to just get the job done. Makes lashes look a little on the natural side. I like since I'm not trying to go over board I just want my lashes to pop some more and this does that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It's such a OG product and it's really no fuss to work with. I don't like overly done spider lashes and this product is great at giving me the right amount of color, length, and volume. In some ways it is like natural lashes with a tad more added. It's not like boom! lashes! For days when I wear a little makeup this is perfect in making me look more awake and done up.