Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was in need of a mascara and saw this and my local drug store and saw this and though "Ooh this is cheap and the other maybelline mascaras are good". I bought this mascara in brownish black. The packaging isn't very appealing. In my opinion it looked kind of cheap and tacky. The brush is small and thin so not much product was actually applied onto the eyelashes. This mascara is called "Great lash" but to me it was "No lash". It hardly made any difference to the appearance of my lashes. I bought this in water-proof but it still smudged during the day. I was very disappointed because I wasted my time even applying it because it hardly made any difference at all.
I honestly don't have anything else to say about it other than it didn't lengthen, volumize or make my lashes look "great".

on 5/4/2014 6:45:00 AM

I had been reading a few reviews about this mascara and overall it seemed pretty positive so I thought I would check it out. However after using it I wasn't impressed, the brush is very thin so you don't really get much mascara on it to apply to your lashes. It doesn't clump which is a plus but overall there was barely a difference and I wouldn't be purchasing again.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com

on 5/4/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

omg those pics are nothing compared to the volume i get. you just gotta put a lotta coats.

ive never loved a mascara this much. its AWESOME.

its my HG mascara. apply a little for more natural look, or a lot for a more glam look.

i love both the curled and regular version of this forumla/wand. awesome.

UPDATE: I will say though that its waaayyy easier to get a more full look with the curled version of this formula. Use this one for a more natural look.

on 5/1/2014 11:33:00 AM

This is a good utilitarian mascara; no fancy bells or whistles, but gets the job done. However, I only purchase the Great Lash with the curved brush. That one gives my lashes nice shape without using an eyelash curler. The Great Lash regular brush does zippo for my eyes. I don't have a problem with it smudging, but it seems like many do. You definitely can't beat the price. For those who don't like it, try using the Curved Brush variety. You may have better results. :)

I like this Mascara its not my favorite but its great when I ran out of my favorite. I usually carry it with me in my makeup pouch when im on the go, perfect for touch up.

on 4/24/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the first mascara I ever bought when I was 14. It's about as plain as plain can be in terms of mascara: the brush is plain, the colour is your standard black, and it's an inexpensive mascara, even in terms of low-end brands. I bought it again recently because I was in a bind and pressed for time.

Pros:
- Great Lash is inexpensive and available pretty much everywhere.

Cons:
- In my experience, Great Lash tends to smudge quite a bit (and usually casts a shadow under my eyes by the end of the school/work day).
- The drying time also takes a while, and I usually have to be very careful post-application not to get smears around my eyes.
- Something about the formula makes my eyes a bit irritated now more than it did those 7 years ago.

Essentially, this is your basic black drugstore mascara. It isn't anything spectacular, but there is worse out there I'm sure.

I won't be repurchasing since I've moved on to more high-end brands (since I wear mascara on the daily I don't consider them a frivolous purchase). All-in-all, a great starter mascara, but nothing to write home about either.

on 4/24/2014 4:07:00 PM

Not my favorite. Bleeds below my eyes. I like Clinique best!

on 4/23/2014 4:22:00 PM

A lot of makeup artists use this, however I did not like it, it provided no thickening effect. I was going to use it as a day time to work mascara, however the waterproof one would bleed and get in my eye. Will not repurchase. I prefer L'oreal

on 4/21/2014 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have never had good luck with this mascara. It smudges and smears on me within 30 minutes of application.

I do like this mascara . If you keep going through your lashes with it with 1 coat I find it gives me good volume .. The only thing I dislike is the clumsiness .. There's 3 lashes that always stuck together when I apply this .. Next time I'm gonna try the falsies