Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

4.2

The original Chance reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle a lot, which I find a quite, heady and intense, and would only wear in the fall/winter. This, however, is a lovely floral...more year 'round. Fresh, natural, uplifting with just the right amount of citrus, iris, water hyacinth, white musc, pink pepper, jasmine absolute combined with woody notes of amber of patchouli (very clean version) and vetiver. It's a clean floral without the cloying notes that are in just about everything out there. The wonderful thing is, it is a light enough fragrance that doesn't disappear but develops and the creamy drydown stays with you. Love it from start to finish! This will get a lot of wear which is a bit scary considering the price. Worth it to find a fragrance that is so pleasing and yet so different! This was a gift for my 46th birthday, and may become my HG :)

on 2/26/2009 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Eau Fraiche smells wonderful don't get me wrong, but I hated it after a couple of minutes. It smells too fruity for me, unless it's just my body chemistry. So there. I won't repurchase. But I do recommend it because this smells awesome, just not on me.

on 2/15/2009 6:08:00 PM

I love this smell!! It's so much more "fresh" smelling than the original Chance.

on 2/9/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've got this yesterday, exactly what I was looking for. I was actually about to get Chanel Chance, then I tried this, knew exactly that was it. Not as powerful as the original Chance, but fresher and more suitable for the day use. Loved it.

on 2/9/2009 7:21:00 PM

I love this scent. It's nice and clean and very sexy. It only takes a little and it lasts on my skin all day. I always get compliments when I wear it. I'm on my way to buy another bottle right now.

on 2/7/2009 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A watery citrus floral. Nice but not special. It seems very same-y to the department store types on me. It gets a resounding 'eh' vote.

on 12/31/2008 2:04:00 AM

There was a time when this was limited edition - I am so very glad that Chanel made this a permanent scent. I wear this very often. It has a very distinct scent and is fun and vibrant - perfect for just every day use. It doesn't stay as well as Coco Mademoiselle, but it is still a great perfume. I've gotten a lot of compliments when I wear it, so the smell is definitely attention drawing. It tones down throughout the day and settles in this nice fruity floral scent. My scarves hold residual Chance and they make my closet smell lovely. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume! I received it as a gift and I wear it almost everyday now. It's become my favorite perfume. It's a powerful scent without being too harsh. I've gotten many compliments on it. When I run out, I'm going to shell out the money and buy a bottle myself.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use to wear the original Chance when it first came out. Until I found out it contributes to my migraines. Plus, it's a little heavier than what I usually like. After reading reviews on here, I now can smell the lime that everyone refers to. I actually love it. Very clean and fresh. I'm sure I'll buy it again.

on 9/18/2008 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love all of Chanel's perfumes and have all of them. I can't say this is my fav since all of Chanel's perfumes are my favorites. It's just dependent on my mood of the day. This is a more uplifting, fresh, sporty, and happy kind of fragrance. Chanel perfumes are my HG fragrances. I'm docking 1 lippie because it has no staying power whatsoever!! What a disappointment! Will repurchase if the price of this does not exceed it's current amount of Cdn $60 (before taxes). If it goes higher, then I can't justify the monies spent on it due to the lacking staying power. EDIT: I ended up returning it because I got fed up carrying the perfume with me in my purse. If Chanel made an Eau de Parfum version of this, then I will definitely buy it again. I'll pass on this for now which seems to me more like a 'body mist' than anything.

Popular Fragrances