April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by badhero

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very fresh, yet manages to "warm up" a little throughout the day. I paid $80 for the 3.4 oz. bottle at Macy's, a definite splurge for me.
By the end of the day it becomes quite sexy and makes me want to put on a cuddly sweater and watch 80's movies with my husband. No bad notes for me, and I have touble with scents going "musky".Ladies who prefer headier scents might not love this, but if you prefer fresh, non-foody scents that last and transform throughout the day, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by rishrish22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, the first time I smelt this, it was given to me by my bf as a those mini samples... sprayed it a few times and savoured it because it's like a the fresh smell of those nice breezy summer nights. When I went to Myer and other department stores and found out it was like $160 for a 100ml (3.4oz), I was like "Um... no"... found it on Ebay for $73 inc (P&H) and my final thought - I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. It's fresh, sweet and makes you feel... good. The lime, citrus notes give it the oomph and zest to any outfit and any occasion. It's a reminder of summer which I guess we all love to come back to... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.... BUT... make sure it's the EDT as the Parfum version to me is a bit too strong - it's as if they've put some musky notes into it... i recommend Chanel Chance eau Fraiche EDT.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Dragonfly1969

I have this one & really like it. I use it as an everyday scent during the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by celtic_chick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's LIME! Yay! I'm so tired of fresh scents that are drenched in lemon! The lime makes it sparkle and gives it a sophistication when paired with the woodsy notes. The first time I smelled this was on a scent strip on a magazine and I fell in love, and I have no idea why I waited so long to buy it! It's very much a spring/summer scent, or one to wear on cool, rainy days for a spark of sunshine.:)
I think the aftershave quality has to do with chemistry, for it doesn't work that way at all on me.
Notes: citrus, water hyacinth, jasmine absolute, amber, patchouli, fresh vetiver.
EDIT: while I love the scent, there is kind of a funky note that comes out in the dry down that I can't quite pinpoint. Unfortunately it bothers me, not enough to wear I won't wear the scent, but enough to where I won't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by candra

It's a nice fragrance but i'm not overwhelmed by it. On me I prefer the original (the edt). I find it a little bit too sharp for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by debbieaikens

WOW. The first time I smelled this, I thought..OK, more of a summery scent, I'll pass. Then I smelled it again closer to summer and thought, OK, I'll give it a shot. Well, I have never had so many compliments on a perfume as I have on this. I've had at least half a dozen different people express how much they like this scent on me. It's a very fresh scent, I wouldn't call it masculine, more fresh and clean. It's not flowery or sweet like a lot of scents can be. It is also not overpowering. You can put several sprays of this on in different areas and you won't smell like a perfume factory which is important. I would definately purchase again, it's a great summer scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great scent. I constantly turn to it. If you like a citrusy, fresh scent that has a darker mysterious tone, this would be your holy grail. Is this my favorite? No. It is missing a lighter note. But everybody that smells it on m, love it, so I'm keeping it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

The first time I smelled this, I was absolutely in love. Then I bought a bottle and took it home and sprayed it some more. I finally realized why I liked it so much. It smells like a man. It smells just like my brother's cologne. It is not feminine but definitely more strong and powerful. Its crisp and not too sweet, overall the quality is good too since the smell lasts for a lonnng time

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by springchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pretty and happy/cheerful/uplifting. I find it quite feminine actually, not men's aftershavey at all to me! I guess I can see how the strong lemon top notes intially can be somewhat aftershave like, but once they disappear, the dry-down seems very delicate and "feminine" to me...but regardless of its feminine/masculine character, wearing this really lifts my mood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

The fact that I sampled this scent and could not stop sniffing my arm came as a complete surprise given regular Chanel Chance is not a good mix for my chemistry. I have literally ignored this scent assuming that because it was a spin-off of Chanel Chance, it would not work... Well today, I tried it, and all I can say is: Hooray for Chance Eau Fraiche!! I find it fresh, citrusy and floral -- and completely wearable. ...and just in the nick of time for Summer... I'm thrilled to have tried it and will be purchasing a small bottle to enjoy in the weeks to come...