November 24, 2014 | 1364 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence if I would get this again. I was in Sephora, wanted a powder to use for touchups during the day, because I use BE mineral and it's a fricking mess, even in their special compact, to use for touchups. She recommended this. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but thought I'd try it. I've since learned the kind of powder I was looking for, mostly for shiny midday face, is at MAC.

If I apply this with the sponge it looks way too thick and cakey. Using a brush works much better for me. As long as I use moisturizer and primer, I get a smooth texture and consistant coverage. It does seem to settle harshly around my eyes, but honestly, what doesn't these days? Old age is setting in.

So is it terrible? No. Is it great? No. It does work for the midday touch up, but perhaps so would a touch up powder, not a powder foundation. I'll probably try something else before buying this again. However, I may also dump BE because I'm tired of the mess, and if I do, I know that this is a decent foundation powder.

Well, crap. I dropped it and the entire pan broke apart and had to be thrown away. Disaster! It did lead me to try sephora's brand of mattifying powder which is much less expensive and I like it better. So not an entire waste!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

update: This is so not worth the money. The compact is flimsy and actually broke. The part that hold the powder just broke off when I opened it. The mirror that comes with it is a little half moon shape. Can't even see whole face. The sponge is awful and just soaks up the powder. And as for the actual powder I will say the color match is excellent but it gives the coverage of a pressed powder and can look very chalky! Also...it doesnt last at all!!! See my review for Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation. Soooo much better and worth the money. I have oily skin and olive skin tone fyi. I wore this in 203 and Too Faced in Honey Beige.

I know I gave this a "mediocre" rating and yet I will still buy it again! Alas, after my HG powder foundation by Anna Sui was discontinued (and I bought up all the ones on ebay remaining!) I had to find a new powder foundation. For reference I have oily skin, minimal breakouts, am 27, with olive Latina skin tone. So, I tried several powder fdts before I bought this one. I tried: Stila IPF and mark Buff Skin. Did not like either bc hardly gave any coverage. The Stila looked chalky.

So, I like this powder foundation because it gives excellent coverage. I apply with the sponge if I want more coverage. It does look so powdery though after applied so I have to spritz with spring water in a bottle (or can use Mac Fixx) to get rid of that powdery look after applied. I do like this also because for yellow undertones/olive skin it is the best I have found for complementing those yellow undertones. It is a very good match in color and makes the face look nice and even toned. It also seems to last awhile and I do not need to reapply at all! I just use an oil blotter and dab my oily areas like powder maybe once a day.

So, I do not like the packaging bc it is a flip compact with the sponge under it.

All in all, it will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

Coverage is medium. It's a little hard to blend and the product can look uneven if you don't apply it right. Not particularly drying but hard on the skin around the eyes - you need a liquid concealer for that area. Photographs ok. Lasting power is medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i used to use MAC Studio Fix. but EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS were telling me that it makes everyone break out. (i have MAJOR pimples) i loved it because it gave me complete coverage.. (it did have its flaws for sure though) anywho i can honestly say i love this stuff.it gives just as much coverage as MAC Studio FIx but it doesn't change color like MAC did after wearing it for a while. i have the definition of combo skin. it still makes me look shiny mid day but then again i dont wear primer... so pretty much it gives GREAT coverage if thats what you need. it is amazing for people with acne scars.. but if you dont need a full coverage pressed powder save your money and get something else :)

P.S im on my 5th purchase

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by louisli83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE it.

First of all, I have combination skin, I'm only oily in the T-zone, and quite dry in the cheeks and undereyes.

This foundation is cakey, looks heavy. It is also pretty dry, so it makes my pores even more obvious. The worst of it is, within an hour, my nose area looks shiny, the powder is not mattifying at all. And it has no staying power on oily skin.

And the color is off, it was actually the SA's fault. I am usually MAC NC20, with this powder color 201 looks too white on me. I remembered I emphasized wanting to look natural, instead of like Snow White, but the SA gave me 201 anyway. I think maybe 202 would be better.

I look horrible with this powder.

I am thinking of trashing it.

ABSOLUTELY NOT repurchase.

By the way, the only lippie is for the package. I think it's quite clever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Lovey99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use this over all liquid foundations as a setting powder. The finish gives a natural matte finish. If you have oily skin, this is a great product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

This foundation provides medium-full coverage - evens out skintone perfectly but really red acne scars will still require concealer. However, the finish is quite appalling really - it accentuated my pores and whatever bumps (milia/pimple) that I had on my skin. It's also not very long lasting. Once my skin became oily, my scars kinda revealed themselves. Its mattifying ability is inferior to Laura Mercier's powder foundation; I tested this foundation on one side of my cheek and Laura Mercier's powder foundation on the other and the side with the duo mat became shiny quicker than the other side (Laura Mercier).

This would probably work much better for someone who has less oily skin and a smoother skin surface to begin with.

I got this in 202 and I'm NC20 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by mahalobeauty

This foundation is definitely worth trying. It goes on like butter with the sponge or with a kubuki brush. I use both, btw. It covers nicely. It's definitely matte but not dry or cakey. It doesn't last all day without touching up, It lasts me about 6-8 hours though. I live in Southern California so the weather in the summer/fall gets up to 105+ degrees and it doesn't melt off. I have yet to try it in the winter when my skin tends to get drier so I'll definitely come back with an update.

But for now, this is my HOLY GRAIL foundation. I have no complaints. I will buy backups!

I guess the down fall is that I hit pan pretty quickly... I can size a pin sized part of the pan right in the middle of the pan. BUT I have a ton of product on the sides. The price? $32 isn't all that expensive to me. I've been desensitized due to my love of high end cosmetics though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of it and I think it is too heavy on my face. what is worse is that it will easily melt when the weather is hot. I don't quite like it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orangelatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MUFE duo mat powder foundation is my HG! I used to be a long-time user of Lancome matte and Shiseido matte powder foundations. I found this to be the best one yet.