April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by louisli83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE it.

First of all, I have combination skin, I'm only oily in the T-zone, and quite dry in the cheeks and undereyes.

This foundation is cakey, looks heavy. It is also pretty dry, so it makes my pores even more obvious. The worst of it is, within an hour, my nose area looks shiny, the powder is not mattifying at all. And it has no staying power on oily skin.

And the color is off, it was actually the SA's fault. I am usually MAC NC20, with this powder color 201 looks too white on me. I remembered I emphasized wanting to look natural, instead of like Snow White, but the SA gave me 201 anyway. I think maybe 202 would be better.

I look horrible with this powder.

I am thinking of trashing it.

ABSOLUTELY NOT repurchase.

By the way, the only lippie is for the package. I think it's quite clever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Lovey99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use this over all liquid foundations as a setting powder. The finish gives a natural matte finish. If you have oily skin, this is a great product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

This foundation provides medium-full coverage - evens out skintone perfectly but really red acne scars will still require concealer. However, the finish is quite appalling really - it accentuated my pores and whatever bumps (milia/pimple) that I had on my skin. It's also not very long lasting. Once my skin became oily, my scars kinda revealed themselves. Its mattifying ability is inferior to Laura Mercier's powder foundation; I tested this foundation on one side of my cheek and Laura Mercier's powder foundation on the other and the side with the duo mat became shiny quicker than the other side (Laura Mercier).

This would probably work much better for someone who has less oily skin and a smoother skin surface to begin with.

I got this in 202 and I'm NC20 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by mahalobeauty

This foundation is definitely worth trying. It goes on like butter with the sponge or with a kubuki brush. I use both, btw. It covers nicely. It's definitely matte but not dry or cakey. It doesn't last all day without touching up, It lasts me about 6-8 hours though. I live in Southern California so the weather in the summer/fall gets up to 105+ degrees and it doesn't melt off. I have yet to try it in the winter when my skin tends to get drier so I'll definitely come back with an update.

But for now, this is my HOLY GRAIL foundation. I have no complaints. I will buy backups!

I guess the down fall is that I hit pan pretty quickly... I can size a pin sized part of the pan right in the middle of the pan. BUT I have a ton of product on the sides. The price? $32 isn't all that expensive to me. I've been desensitized due to my love of high end cosmetics though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of it and I think it is too heavy on my face. what is worse is that it will easily melt when the weather is hot. I don't quite like it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orangelatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MUFE duo mat powder foundation is my HG! I used to be a long-time user of Lancome matte and Shiseido matte powder foundations. I found this to be the best one yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

So, I've repurchased this, and I do like it, but I don't use it as much as I did during the Summer. It provides good coverage, works amazing over a tinted moisturizer, lasts fairly well on my very oily skin, and doesn't break me out. If you can get your color and you don't have dry patches, give this a shot. I'm NC10/15 and 200 looks a little too yellow on me, so, I have to use it very lightly until next Summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the coverage. But I definitely hate the smell. I think the price is too expensive. Overall, this press powder is not so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Compare to all the other powder compact foundation on the market, this foundation would be a rip off: you'll touch the bottom of the pan within 6 months with everyday use. Also, i'm not even oily yet, the foundation fades off within 6 hrs. By the end of the night, you'll be washed out. I really don't know what people like about this foundation but, it sucks. It just has nice color selection and looks pretty good. But, there is NO point in buying a foundation if it doesn't last.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by briii

Amazing!! This is the best powder foundation I've used by far. The lady matched me to 205 and it's perfect. I love how I can use this without anything under it and how smoothe it makes my skin. It's such an amazing powder and I definately reccomend it .