October 23, 2014 | 1747 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by eemarwoowoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been suffering from adult acne since I was about 24 (I'm now 29) but tend to only have problem areas rather than issues with my whole face. I looked at this product in my local boots a few weeks ago but thought it felt very heavy so didn't really give it too much attention. That changed when I saw the fabulous Lisa Eldridge's tutorial for covering acne on YouTube. I prefer to use quite a light foundation as most of my skin is quite clear and blemish free, but where I get blemishes they tend to be pretty bad and leave hyperpigmentation that takes quite some time to fade.

This is where the miracle that is Vichy Dermablend comes in. As recommended in Lisa's tutorial video I used a light quite sheer foundation all over my face, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 which is the lightest shade (I am NC15/C1 in MAC), I then used a soft blending/concealer brush and buffed the Vichy over blemished areas and patted onto the worst blemishes. I used shade 15-Opal which looked scarily dark when it came out of the tube but actually seems to be the perfect colour. You also only need a tiny dot, a little goes a long long way. I am completely impressed. The spots/scars/hyperpigmentation are completely covered with no red showing through and the dermablend doesn't feel or look heavy or cakey at all. I set very lightly with MAC Prep and Prime loose powder and then just carried on with my normal 'face'.

I am so impressed with the coverage (even my boyfriend noticed and said my skin looked better) and my skin doesn't feel irritated or suffocated. I will have to see how well it wears over time but for now it is my HG concealer.

Colour me impressed!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sammiechan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing many great reviews in opal, but when I got home it was too light because of the lighting when I bought it but I hate to waste so I carried on using it anyway. Coverage is medium to full, very easy to get a cakey face so go easy on it. It emphasized my flakes without moisturiser, but after moisturising and primer it is okay. It does rub off easily but setting it (I use Almay) it's fine. Not a HG but if I buy it next time I'd get it in a slightly darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by KilahYaaw

I really love how this product does a really good coverage for my face especially on the acne scars/marks. So far I have stopped using any other concealer and only use this foundation as it has enough coverage to cover those acne spots and the dark circle area.

The only CON's is that even if it does last quite long, sometimes when touching your face or just accidentally wiping your face will make it come off or something. Also, after using it for more than 12 hours, my face do shine.

Overall, I would still recommend this product especially those who needs extra coverage for their acne scars/dark spots :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by amyyvan

I love this foundation. It is highly pigmented and blendable. I'm reading reviews that people are calling it "cakey" i do not have that problem. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. maybe they are using way too much. In the summer i use this as a conceler and use a tinted moisturizer, but in the winter i use it all over my face. (my skin clears out in the summer).
I wish this foundation had a pump applicator and that's why i gave packaging so little points.
the tube is small but you only use a pea size amount and this foundation will last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in the stick version as well, and I can say I love them both! (check out my review on it) I made the mistake of assuming that since Sand was pretty good match to my skin in the stick dermablend, that it would be the same for the liquied dermablend. Not so much though...the liquid one runs lighter. It still works though, because I usually use this as a sort of spot/area concealer. The one thing I don't like too much is the scent, but it's not a deal breaker. I always shake it a bit before I use it, it doesn't say that you have too...but I do it anyway. The consistency is not too thick or too runny and it's really easy to blend! I find that I almost always accidentally squeeze out too much. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I've never had a problem of it looking cakey, but I do find that because of my oily skin it starts fading within the 6hour mark. Nothing a touchup can't fix!All in all, I really love this foundation. It hasn't irritated me in the least and it covers up very well. I recommend this for people with scarring/pigmentation and active acne because it really does help conceal and it is hypoallergenic/non-acnegenic. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by stard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product! I have incredibly sensitive, allergenic, acne prone skin which is combination oily and dry as well as sundamaged! I have used the Laura Mercier mineral powder for years which is great and never specifically broke me out (although I still had spots using it) however mineral powders can be kind of cakey and annoying to apply with all the buffing etc. Vichy Dermablend Foundation has managed to replace all of that hassle! It has natural SPF(from titanium) natural (no fragrance, parabens, sillicones etc) non comegenic, blendable and non transferrable! I do not have perfect skin and it completely covers my thread veins, blemishes and red blotches. The coverage is full and if you use alone may be slightly drying - I use on top of a natural (very greasy!) zinc based sunblock. You can even use this as a concealer over powder (I started using it over the mineral powder and now I use it all over) If you have heavy duty acne you can biuld the coverage to make it thicker. Overall this really worked for me! My face does get a little shiny towards the end of the day (I live in the desert) but this could be more to do with my oily skin and the sunblock underneath. I do not mind this (some people like a dewy look) but if you want to stay matt a bit of blotting and further application solves this. I only tried the nude (shade 25) which totally matches and evens out my skin tone. (I have very pale skin with yellowish undertones) I did not notice any oxidisation or color change during the day. I LOVE this product! My HG foundation for sure!Thank you Vichy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Xanthereanne

This is the foundation I have been searching for since I first started wearing make up! I have very very sensitive skin (90% of foundation/powder/moisturiseretc brings me out in terrible rashes) and this is so kind to my skin. I have had pretty bad acne for 8 years and used to have to cake on the concealed and foundation and ended up looking silly. With this, I don't even have to use concealer! I little goes a very very long way. It took me months and months to use up my first tube and I've just bought my second from Boots (very cheap for how brilliant it is!). If I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I will use this all over. If not I use it as a concealer and use my Clinique foundation which is lighter to do the rest of my face. The staying power is great and if you do it right, it doesn't feel heavy on my face. I am so so so glad I found this as I've been wasting money on expensive foundations which have either been rubbish or I've been mega allergic to.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Rebs88

This foundation offers full coverage for a flawless finish. However I found that it does not have much staying power and through the course of the day can seem to melt off your face so touch-ups would be required to maintain that coverage. I use it as a concealer which is great as I think it can look a bit heavy for full face. There is not much colour choice which is a shame, nude is too dark for me and opal is too light so i ended up buying both and mixing. The smell is also a bit paint-like but other than that I think it is a great foundation if you have bad skin and want that full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG! Iīve been searching for this my whole life! Where do I start? Full coverage. And I mean full. Flawless. If you apply this foundation correctly you can get porcelain skin in a few minutes. I have a complicated skin: over sensitive, combination, dermatits and with sun marks, red marks and acne scars. And with this foundation I cover them all and also the large pores. Itīs a pricey foundation but a little goes a loooong way. I use little dots in my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and then blend it with a sponge. You have to use a good moisturizer before this foundation, otherwise you can highlight dry patches and it kind of gets into your pores and show them. But if you apply a good amount of a good moisturizer and let it sink in for a minute, and then apply Dermablend it works magic. Also, do not use a primer with this one. I really donīt know why but it just doesīnt work with a primer. The first time I used it with a primer and I thought: this sucks! haha but I decided to give it a second try without the primer and WOW! This hasīnt caused me to break out and wow any allergies thatīs new. On the downside, as many MUAīs have said: the shade sellection sucks. I have quite fair skin and I use Opal and manage to blend it but they have only 3 shades in my country. It can get a little bit oily at first but if you blot the oily zones after applying it you get matte finish for the whole day. Seal it with loose powder because pressed powder makes it cakey. I strongly recommend this for problematic skin. If you have a clear skin you may want to look for a lighter foundation. I would not only recommend it but I would die without it!
UPDATE: No breakouts at all, and this foundation has actually made my face softer and clearer. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bellenti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and have to moisturise a lot. I always moisturise before applying foundation. i had to do the same thing with Dermablend however the result of using it is amazing. IT actually IS hugely corrective and matches my skin tone which is medium. i am really stuck with this specific product because it also stays on for so long. the price really is great because the tube lasts forever and when it comes to an end i just cut it in the middle and put it from tje sides of the tube. very good product. i've been using it for 4 years now.
high coverage= vichy dermablend, no doubt.