April 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation to use as to spot-conceal the little imperfections and occasional break-outs. In this role it works very well. I only a little afraid about it clogging the pores so I watch my skin condition not to miss if it might get worse.
Overall I would recommend this foundation to be used to cover certain areas as it seems to be way too heavy for the whole face. I did not try to cover my whole face with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I have bad skin that is easily prone to cosmetic and hormonal breakouts. Well to be honest it's mostly scaring and red marks from previous bad skin. It is getting better slowly but I still won't go out in public without concealer. Anyway I was fed up with my skin looking just ok when I went out. I have tried lots of foundations and most end up oily on me and the coverage just slips. I think face and body on my more "normal" skinned friends is beautiful but for me it just isn't right. So when I saw Lisa Eldridge MUA in England using this on a model with acne I decided I had to try it.

APPLICATION
Fingers - easy to blend but perhaps not the no. 1 way to avoid streaks or a heavier coverage.
Kabuki/flat top buffering brush - Amazing flawless coverage, great for a night out but perhaps the tendancy to waste product with this brush. Can, even with amazing blending skills ( i do say so myself), still look makeupy on closer inspection.
Small flat foundation/concealer brush - my fav method. Buff small amounts where needed ie middle of chin, nose middle of forehead and a little on scared areas of cheeks and it looks great. Not too heavy and really smooth and flawless. Will last me longer this way too.
COVERAGE
Thick but not horribly so, just creamy rather than liquid, extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. Can have the tendancy to look a little shiny. I have hated foundations for this very reason in the past but for some reason, beacuse the coverage stays and doesn't slip or blotch even if I oil up a little during the day, I don't hate the shine as much as I first thought. I saw it on a friend's photo's in Vegas recently and there was shine, but it was actaully quite healthy and nice looking rather than oil slick, greasey looking. It photographs really nicely. However if you hate shine however much it is then the Vichy setting powder is great and I highly recommend a light and I mean light, dusting to set and mattify. Worth mentioning if this doesn't work for you as an all over foundation it's amazing for undereye darkness or redness on the face blended in small amounts.

COLOURS
Perhaps a little trickier for those like myself with yellow toned medium skin. I'm not tanned though do so quite a lot with some sun. By the same token I can look extremely pale during winter months but I do retain a very yellow tone to my skin throughout. Opal is a bit too pale for me and Nude a little too warm. It has a pinky/golden tone that I know is great for some of my friends but less so for me. Having said that I mixed both opal and nude and it's not far off perfect. This is perhaps an expensive way of buying but for me it means I'll have it for ages. When I travel I just mix up a little of what I need and in the summer or on holiday I can usually just take the nude. Even when I get darker a little of this on the t-zone blends really nicely and doesn't look too pale. They do a great selection of darker tones and 'Porcelain' which looks great for those with really pale skin too.
PRICE
Has recently gone up in the uk taking it from a really reasonable high street price to a little more on the expensive side. Still worth it but makes it just that bit less of a thrill to purchase.

Best thing about this is......... I have slept in it!!! (I know major no no, but it happens) When I woke I was sooo ready to bet on a huge breakout and no nothing, not a mark. (It's non comodegenic and non acegenic). If anything I still looked reasonably good considering the alcohol and late night and kipping on a sofa. Def worth a try, my friend swears by it and says she'll find it hard to ever buy another foundation again!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by aoifenigriofa

I have terrible combination skin, I mean it is so so oily, yet at the same time it can be incredibly dry. Like many others I discovered Dermablend after watching Lisa Eldridge's video, as I had very severe acne as a teenager and have been left with terrible scaring I thought the foundation would be perfect for me. As soon as I put it on I was amazed, it went on so smooth, blended flawlessly, gave me unbelievable coverage and simply made my skin look incredible. I was chuffed! Around 30 mins after applying it I caught my reflection in the mirror as I was passing and noticed that my skin looked a bit shiny, I assumed it was the powder I had been using as it wasn't the best. So I went out and bought the Dermablend powder, but I was left with the exact same result, so I thought perhaps the powder wasn't great! My skin had been acting up quite a bit around this time as well, so I completely changed my skin care routine in the hopes that that was the problem all along. My skin was now in great condition so I was ready to try the foundation again. Once again the exact same result, an unbearably shiny face after around 30 mins. I tried the Vichy powder with my Revlon colourstay foundation, which I had on all evening and all night whilst dancing and there wasn't a trace of oiliness! At this point I could not deny the fact that I was indeed the foundation which had been causing this extreme oiliness. It is such a pity as it made my skin look amazing, however it could not stand how disgustingly oily it made my skin. I would only recommend this product to someone whos skin is dry or just slightly oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a current 'hg' (possibly my only real 'longterm' hg ever!)! The only issue is that I LOVE a glowing flawless base - so would love a foundation that gave that to me. But that aside this is so awesome! Can't believe that this is like the least expensive foundation (excluding drug store/boots or superdrug stuff!) I have ever had and it is pretty much the best!

Here is why it is awesome!

- Covers really well! I apply a blob - a small one to my hand and apply it to my face and it even outs my skintone, covers scars and covers 70% of obvious acne or BIG scars.

I mix it out onto my hand with a bit of white fondation as my skin is a bit too pale for this - then i apply a few fintertip 'streaks' (think war paint stripes!) across my face - one of my chin, one on the jaws, the cheek bone, the check, the eyes, the forehead, temples...then I take my ecotools bronzer blush and blend that out and it looks so gorgeous and flawless - very natural! If you find it looks masky - just apply less! I go over bigger spots (it covers mostly and i have quite bad skin) with a heavy duty concealer like Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage which is amazing - I use the wonderful Bare Escentuals concealer brush and dab that on to my big spots over this foundation and my face looks perfect. It also takes much less time in the morning than my old foundation and concealer routine which could end up taking me literally 20 to 30 minutes ALONE to do - it was hell! Where as this takes no time at all.

One of the downfalls is that the lightest colour is a bit darker than my nw15 ppp skin - but I just add some white foundation to it and it works great - I love this as the foundation does not have a strong undertone and looks so natural! It does not cake or cling onto dry patches (<3!) - it covers *smoothly* pores rather than drawing attention to them and there is no melting off through out the day!

It lasts pretty much the whole day on me :). It does not break me out and it is very high quality! Thank you mua ladies for introducing this to me!

I would also like to share that exfoliating with sugar and olive oil (or just with whatever works for you!) makes a big difference in the smoothness of skin and how the foundation looks. Even a gem like this may catch on to your skins 'texture' if you forget to exfoliate two to three times a week!

This stuff really is great!! :)! Please check it out!

EDIT; sigh. I find that this can turn a bit orange on me, and can tend to settle into my pores (gets cakey, highlighting them) if I add highlighter on top or use a more heavy duty moisturizer :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cytaormina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the coverage this provided as I do have rosacea on my checks and some smaller red splotches. This stuff covers the redness really well, I was so happy to see how well it covered without it looking like I used a trowel to put it on. I rotate between Cle De Peau powder foundtation (LOOOOVE!!!), Chanel Liquid Vitalumiere, & MAC Select foundation.

This stuff dries very quickly so apply a very small amount, use much less than when using traditional liquid foundation. Dot a tiny amount and immediately blend out, movie on to the next area of the face, dot blend and continue in this fashion because this stuff dries quickly. With Chanel Vitalumiere i can dot the liquid all over my face, put the bottle away and proceed with the blending out of the product and I don't have to be concerned that by the time i have reached the last dot that it will have dried.

The tube is not very big BUT you do not need much. Price is very reasonable, $28. Cle De Peau $85 (for one compact powder foundation refill), Chanel Vitalumiere, $55 and MAC Select $26.50, this stuff $28., not bad at all. Love that the tube is portable and if you drop it, unlike the mac or chanel it will not shatter nor will it crack and crumble like a powder compact. Product will not spill out either due to the opening being so small.

My only complaint is that my skin looks very very chalky. I don't have acne issues but purchased both 25 Nude & 35 Sand Shades to make sure I could customize the color to cover the red. I suspect that maybe this may not work well for the over 40 ladies whose skin needs a little more of a dewy finish. This sadly does not have a dewy look whatsoever, it is very matte :) Where it not for this reason I would give this 5 lippies!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought this foundation because it had very good reviews. I have the colour 15 but its maybe a bit to light for me. I have put it on whole my face a couple of times but it did oxidize after a few hours and shiny which i dont like! Now I use this foundation als a concealer for scars and acne and under my eyes. It does a great job as a concealer. I don't know if i will repurchase.

Edit 24/11/2013: I didnt bought it again because the staying power ist that good on me and there are better alternatives out there

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

I had been looking for the perfect foundation for a while before I stumbled upon this. My skin is incredibly white and a bit oily. On top of that, I have some acne (not that bad) and dark circles below my eyes - those are the things that annoy the most about my face. Before I found out about this, I was using Revlon Colorstay - to be honest, I still use that, specially when my skin isn't thaaaaaat bad - but Vichy Dermablend is way better: it gives me that velvety look I've always aimed for (it covers my pimples and dark circles perfectly), but it doesn't look like I have a mask on (I apply it with a wet sponge and use tiny amounts of the product!) and, as the hours go by, my face doesn't get all shiny. As for the color, I got 15 - Opal and it's a perfect match to my skin (which is not that common).

Bottomline: it's a damn fine product and I will certainly buy it again, as I'm super satisfied with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After watching Lisa Eldridge's video I went straight out to get this!

It definately has become a staple in my routine, I use it every day and it lasts all day. I've starting using lighter foundation now rather than a full coverage all over and it's made such a difference in how I feel. I don't feel caked on with makeup anymore.

When I apply this, I find that if I put it on and then blot over it with the inside of a tissue, and then apply again, it covers fantastically and doesn't make me oil slick throughout the day (due to my oily skin).

I've got lots of very dark acne scars on my fair skin and this covers so well. There is one inparticular which is very difficult to cover, and I've tried quite a few concealers and foundations. With Dermablend, I take LESS than a pea sized amount and it does my whole face.

I've only marked this down a little due to the colour selection. The fairest shade in this line is a little too dark for me, but I find that as long as I blend it out properly then it doesn't give me the tangoed look.

I'm going to get this again when I eventually run out, and hope by that time there is a lighter shade!
LC x

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Get it if you do not like the look of your skin-great coverage-great price-.I use it even now that my skin is better just because i want to look flawless.I use Honey shade since i ussually have St Moriz mousse on my face.
Great quality and believe me lasts for ever-you only need little amount.
I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

stumbled upon this gem whilst browsing foundation reviews on here. this product gives me the best coverage and the best skin tone match. i tried the tester in 'opal' in the store, and while it looked very dark coming out of the tube, it blended seamlessly in to my very pale (mac studiofix powder in N3) skin. purchased the bottle and came home to play with it.

a word of caution - do not use a heavy moisturizer under this, or the foundation will ball up during application and flake off throughout the day. i find, for my combination skin, this works best when applied directly to the face without a primer, and also works well applied over a light facial serum. i've managed to use this without a primer or moisturizer with absolutely no issues what so ever. no cystic acne, no clogged pores, no unpleasant feeling of makeup on my skin, and best of all once it sets (i don't even bother using a powder to set it as it's perfectly fine on it's own) it doesn't transfer!

washes off skin completely without the need for makeup remover or the oil remover process. feels fantastic. provides great natural looking coverage.

worth every penny. highly suggest getting a tester or sample first before purchase to make sure you get the right shade.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No