Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 4/29/2012 11:22:00 PM

Dermablend by Vichy is a nearly full coverage foundation that's easy to blend into the skin for a flawless finish. I'm not sure whether this foundation had shade matching properties or what, but my purchased shade 25 Nude was a tad dark in the tube and blended seamlessly into my NC25 skin. 25 Nude is a perfect colour for my olive-toned Asian skin, and has no ashy pink undertones (thank goodness).

This foundation provides buildable, natural-looking coverage. Difficult to make cakey unless you have dry patches/ultra dry skin. This also doubles as a good under-eye concealer and can be easily used on blemishes with a small brush. This has a great light feeling on the skin and is not nearly as thick as Revlon ColorStay. This product did not oxidize (turn orange) on my skin. Very creamy and even finish. I apply this with my fingers and prefer it that way vs. MAC 190 foundation brush, which used too much product. Apply this to one area of the face at a time as it sets quickly. Super pigmented...still amazed as how Vichy made it so full coverage and sheer-feeling at the same time.

Packaging is a plastic tube. Would prefer a pump for the aspect of hygiene, but not a dealbreaker. Easy to control product amount and to get the very last bits out at the end. Contains 30mL and the price is right at $30 CDN. I purchased this at Shopper's.

This product wears very well, given that it does have heavier coverage. Significant lasting power from morning until night. You will not have the same looking finish from application until removal, but it does wear down very evenly, unlike other foundations that wear patchily. Will definitely need a setting powder as this has the tendency to start looking a little shiny around 4 hours in (I like a matte finish). However, that was to my expectation.

Can't say enough good things. Converting to this permanently after using ColorStay for 2 years.

EDIT: I've started to use this more as a concealer, not all over the face. Still just as good. Just noting that the coverage may be too heavy/cakey for all-over use.

on 4/11/2012 11:58:00 AM

This product is definitly a product I would buy again.
The packaging looks a little cheap but compare to ones like estee lauder double wear wich is a glass bottle and wich you cannot squeez the product out,I would say it is good because it is travel friendly and there is no problem getting the last bit of the product out by cutting the tube.
This foundation is pretty thick when you first get it off the tube and some people said that it can look caky, BUT, the key is to warm it up between your hands and then path it on your skin and either rub it with your finger or use a brush. I used to use a brush with it when I first started using it and I am more of a brush girl, but with this foundation, I find it gives a better finish when used with fingers. FLAWLESS finish! The first time I used it I was in vacation and I puted it on and my father, who never noticed anything concerning makeup and beauty products asked me if I did anything with my skin because he tought my skin looked better than usual. FUNNY! That is something that really made me think this was a good product in the first place but what made me love this product even more is the fact I don't break out from that foundation. My skin is rather sensitive and I often get redness but this covers redness without adding to it and it never gives me more pimple or blackheads.
This foundation really is one of the best out there and I definitly recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a great product. its full coverage, but is fairly light weight.
moisturize the skin well, and use a very small amount.
it gives a flawless natural look. I have asian skin, i purchased #25 in nude.

on 4/6/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very lightweight but at the same time very pigmented, full coverage foundation. You need such a small amount, which sounds like the most overused phrase, except this time it's actually true. My skin is combo, with a slightly oily t zone. On me, it lasts the whole day, sometimes the whole night too ( if I'm not in the condition to take it off before bed, but shhhhhhh! this doesn't happen often).
I set mine with Ben nye translucent powder which does not add color, only longevity.
I have shade 35, in Mac terms I am approx NW30. On me it's about an 85% perfect match. I say 85 because it's about 15% darker than my own skin tone but I definitely make up for it with the amount of bronzer I apply on top.So I'm content. 25 was too light. Very much recommend!

on 4/6/2012 11:09:00 AM

I bought this product to combat my acne which has reappeared with vengeance! I was a bit worried at first because it is so heavy I thought that everyone would notice that I caked it on over my problem areas, however you really only need the smallest amount! It works so well and i'm so pleased with it, I put it onto the back of my hand and then apply it with a Mac 217 brush to blend it in so that it leaves no harsh lines or obvious concealing. I also use the vichy dermablend stick foundation for those really stubborn spots for double coverage..literally only the tiniest bit! Its an amazing product if you have not tried anything else that helps, as its very full coverage.

on 3/31/2012 12:21:00 AM

Wow! This stuff is a godsend. I needed a foundation that had the coverage and blendability of this to cut down my routine and I'm so happy I found one. I use the Nude color and it's almost an exact match to my skin, and covers all dark marks with just a dab. The tube can be messy but it's okay for me. It should last a while at the rate I'm using it. Price is right for the quality. I dab it over a layer of Clinique BB cream that I use as a primer of sorts and it does not transfer. I may touch up after 6 hours or so. All in all a very good product, but those with very dry skin be aware because the pigment is rich and the coverage may make dryness look cakey.

I found out about this product reading glamourai blog, she says there that it gives photoshoplike skin, so i went to Boots and i bought this foundation in opal. WOW!!!
I am amazed and my roommate as well. You cant see that you wear a foundation, yet it produce velvetlike, perfect, flawless skin. I have dry skin, without acne or scars and i can says that it doesnt accentuate dryness, but brings me relief. I always put heavy cream underneath foundation, so i wont look cakey or patchy.
This is one of the best foundations i have ever used. I also like Lancome Photogenic Lumessence.

on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Although the lightest shade is too dark, I mix this with the lightest shade in Colorstay for the perfect coverage, texture, staying power & of course colour!

Great for covering up my acne scarring, does not break me out and has the desire "matte" look. Will definitely repurchase! I find myself not even using concealer after applying this. x

on 3/12/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Looks a little cakey on my face... I have dry skin and large pores (fair complexion). 15 Opal is a very good match for NW-15/20, it is yellow based and colour blends in easily.

HOWever, once it dries and settles, it looks kinda caked on...maybe it's too matte for me. And it also makes my pores look very obvious. Coverage is pretty good.

Still looking for that perfect FULL coverage, dewy foundation....

on 2/14/2012 9:20:00 PM

What more needs be said? This is a great foundation, very versatile in uses: mixed with moisturizer for a sheer look, used straight for max coverage, buildable to cover all blemishes.....BUT the color choices? OY!

Damn Vichy! Why you no make in more colors? FOR REAL! 4 colors? Lord! Everyone will have to buy 2 or more to mix to match their shade. BAH HUMBUG.