July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by WhiteShark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very impressive, high-coverage foundation. My clients almost always opt to purchase this rather than the cheaper brands they're accustomed to because they can tell the quality is far superior. It tends to hold for quite some time and only a tiny bit of setting powder helps freshen the look throughout the day. The only downsides are the color selection which is pretty limited. But it covers scarring, acne, discoloration and softens lines. All in all its definitely worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't impress this foundation. Compared with Revlon Color Stay, Vichy isn't as good as Revlon, both texture and coverage. It's thick and the color is limited which has pink or orange for Asian skin. I have very very bad skin, full of bad acne scars, super oily skin, huge pores, so I try to find the foundation that can cover scars and control oil well. This foundation is okay but not good as I hope. It can't cover my scars completely and I still see in on my face, also makes my face sticky during the day. The bad thing is it sinks into my hugh pores. If you have hugh pores, I don't recommend. It's good for acne prone skin anyway, because it doesn't cause breaking out due to its non-comedogenic ingredients. Unlike Revlon Color Stay, makes me break out every times I use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by RaShell

I'm pretty confused about this foundation and how it has so many positive reviews. My constant battle is to find a foundation that will cover my acne without looking like I am wearing a bunch of makeup. So I thought I would try this one. The color is too orange for my skin and I bought Opal 15. Plus the product looks very dry and you can really see it on my skin It dose have enough color to cover my acne but its so drying that it still draws attention to it. I used this about three times trying to apply it differently each time but always got the same results and was never pleased with how I looked. I wouldn't recommend this. I ended up retreating back to my go to foundation, Revlon ColorStay.. now that one I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by juliaschuster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't use full coverage foundation, but lately my skin is just terrible. I don't know what it is, but sometimes I have serious acne in the chin area and even on my cheeks. My usual foundations and tinted moisturizers can't cover those pimples and scars so I started looking for a full coverage product. After testing many disappointing products I discovered Vichy Dermablend - and I'm so happy with it!!! I use a light foundation/tinted Moisturizer all over my face and do further concealing with the Dermablend only in the affected areas. A little bit of blending and setting with powder and I'm done. Looks completely natural and my skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Dermablend because I had good results with Vichy's new Aera Teint line (the cream foundation), but I found that it was not quite as good for my combination, mostly dehydrated acne-prone extremely sensitive skin. Coverage is pretty good but the foundation seems to cling to my dry spots, whereas the aera teint one had good coverage but was moisturizing (probably due to the Vichy thermal spa water). All in all I will stay with Vichy Aera Teint as my hg, as it does not break me out (neither does dermablend) and also seems to improve my skin. :)
I say I will buy this again but its more like a maybe ;) Like in an emergency, or if they discontinue Aera Teint (dear god please no).

-edit-
I find that using this as a concealer works amazingly well and since I'm not using it all over my face it doesn't accentuate any dry, flaky spots. I just squeeze a little into a tiny sample jar to put in my purse and it lasts forever that way!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by jdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall this a good foundation. However, it doesn't cover nearly as well as Estee Lauder Maximum coverage. This past year, I have gone from having a few whiteheads every once in a while, to cystic breakouts all over my cheeks. The breakout is mainly gone, but now I'm left with scarring and hyper pigmentation. I bought this after seeing the Lisa Eldridge video. While it does work, I have to use a lot more product to cover like the Estee Lauder foundation. I also find it wears off fairly easily, and I have to do touch ups throughout the day. Not a bad product just not hg for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical about this and after I read all the good reviews here I thought to give it a try. I was expecting a really full coverage foundation and this is not a REALLY HIGH coverage foundation.I would describe it as a medium coverage. I ve tried the Estee Lauder maximum cover, the Clinique continuous coverage foundation, the MAC full cover foundation and all of them provide much greater coverage compared to this one. Has a quite thick consistency but applies very easily and doesnt look thick AT ALL. . Looks very natural on the face and wears easily all day long without any problems . The coverage as I said is medium you can achieve full coverage by simply using one more layer of this foundation. The shade selection is a bit limited Im NC 30 and I have this in the shade 45 gold and its darker than my skin not horrendously darker but its darker . In general I like it a lot provides good coverage without looking like you wearing a mask lasts reasonably long, at least on me, doesnt set into fine lines and wrinkles which is a HUGE plus for me comes in a reasonable price so im in two thumbs up! Packaging wise I have to admit that the packaging looks a bit chip but im ok with that . It comes in a white tube and you squeeze the product out not crazy about that either.My skin is on the dry side its not overly dry but its dry and this foundations works perfect for me. Has creamy texture and quite thick consistency so that makes it suitable for dryer skin types but I can defiantly see someone with more oily skin wearing this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

UPDATE 10-12-11: I am downgrading this foundation from 5 to 2, changing its packaging rating from 5 to 3. I will not repurchase this foundation. I've been using this since way too long, and it stopped me from looking at new formulations on the market. It really doesn't last at all, if anything, it melts off of my face. Normally, at the end of the day, the coverage is all gone and my dark red acne scars resurface completely. I've noticed that the foundation starts to wear off 1-2 hours after application, and that is unacceptable when a normal, non-corrective one starts to wear off 4-6 hours after. The people that need a corrective foundation, most of the time, has a lot of imperfections to be covered. However, this foundation, no matter how high coverage, cannot suffice to their demand. Why? Because it wear off instantly! I am very disappointed in this foundation. Since my skin has been highly reactive lately, I wasn't able to use powder. I've said in my previous review that it only lasts for 3-4 hours on my without powder. Which is true. I've been trying to use primers, changing moisturizers, stopping sunscreen (only when I know I won't be out for too long), etc. but this foundation really hates to stay on my face! I've found lately that the tube of this leaks! :( I store my tubes in the fridge (I mix Opal and Nude to have a shade that is similar to mine), and when I want to refill my sample jar, I need to shake the foundation or else a clear, oily liquid comes out first. I've learnt to use my finger to block the liquid from coming out, or else it would make a total mess in the cap and become all disgusting. You could say that I'm a bit OCD, but I like to keep everything neat and clean, especially something that I use on my facial skin. The shades in this range are really really disappointing as well... I mix Opal, a NC15, pale yellow beige shade with Nude, a peachy medium beige with orange undertones to obtain a shade that I can use. I could be qualified as NC23, if only MAC made that shade. However, even though I have neutral skintone on my face, I am a bit yellow on my neck. Consequently, I try to match my face to my neck the most I can. The peachy shade, Nude, would be absolutely perfect if it wasn't so peachy! I mean, who does really have a "peaches and cream" complexion? It looks bright orange in its liquid form and becomes lighter when blended out, but I can still see the demarcation line perfectly under strong lighting or sunlight. All these factors triggered me to search for a better match, a liquid that is longer lasting, with a packaging that is more convenient. I do have to give credits to this foundation for having a good formula, by which I mean it has never broken me out one bit, it feels extremely silky and light going on, and is completely frangrance-free. I hope this helps to anyone's search for their perfect foundation.

Original review: This is my HG foundation/concealer, since a tiny drop of it suffice for my acne scars, sun spots and uneven skin tone, I fell in love with it after having tried it on three years ago. It might transfer if you don't use a good setting powder on top. If I set it with a matte powder, I can wear this for at least 8 hours, without touch ups. If I want a dewy look, I do not set it with powder and even then, it lasts me 4-6 hours during winter time and 3-4 hours in summer. This foundation covers beautifully and since it's so pigmented, a little goes a long way! Which means I feel like I'm not wearing anything!!! This is the absolute best maximum coverage foundation in my book and will remain that way!
Note for Retin-A users: this does somewhat clings onto your dry spots, so becareful and moisturize your skin very well! I personally have used bio-oil, Olay Moisture Therapy (body lotion), Cetaphil, AHA lotions and I find them all very helpful. I also like the organic cocoa butter lipbalms from Badger, to use, I melt it on my palms and dab it allover my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Vichy's products. In the past, I've used their Normaderm skin care and foundation and liked it very much. For years, I'd been using Lancome's Effacernes concealer for my dark circles and blemishes, but it's expensive - I probably spent between 60 and 90 dollars a year on 2 or 3 tubes depending on how much I used - and I was sick of paying so much. I'd heard lots of good things about Dermablend on youtube - Lisa Eldridge has a great acne-covering video using it - so I decided to buy it, hoping to use it as both foundation and concealer. I found it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for under 30 dollars, which considering the amount you get and the coverage it provides is a very fair price.

The first time I tried this, I couldn't BELIEVE the coverage - they claim it contains something like 30% more pigmentation than traditional foundations, made to cover serious imperfections like acne, rosacea, etc. Anyway, the smooth, easy to blend texture paired with the amazing, amazing amount of coverage makes this foundation stand out big time. I use the lightest shade, I'm NC20, and it matches well enough. It's never broken me out or irritated my skin at all - a huge plus.

It's taken me a few months to get this product to work. I have oily skin (especially in the summer) and I found that, if I used this product alone, even set with powder, it slid around and looked gross after a couple of hours. I just couldn't get it to work - I mixed it with my moisturizer, tried different application modes and setting powders - nothing worked.

I've realized that I need to use this only as a concealer. For whatever reason, that's the only way I like it. And very sparingly. Now a days, I use a tiny dab of Revlon's Colorstay foundation, sheered out over my whole face, a peach corrector under my eyes, then the Dermablend dotted on chin, cheeks, forehead and around my eyes and blend/pat in with just fingers, and set with powder. This offers a very natural but flawless face. Last week I purchased the intended setting powder by Vichy - it's talc-based and white (translucent) much like the other available HD-type powders. I'll review that after further use, but so far I'm loving the combination, especially for keeping under my eyes totally crease-free all day.

This tube will last me ages, and when it runs out I will for sure repurchase. I can't imagine using this all over my face, with what I'm trying to cover, but for those who need more coverage, this will be a god send - truly a special foundation. And affordable, with great packaging (a soft tube, great for travel) and, from what I can see, a decent shade range (though more would be nice.)

Overall I'm very happy with this and am relieved to have found something to replace my much more expensive ex-HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by nataliaspada

I LOVE this foundation, it's my favorite high coverage one. Sometimes when my skin isn't too sensitive or red, I like to wear a lighter foundation and to show my freckles. And I can do that with this foundation too!

I dab a tiny little drop of Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer gel for oily skin and mix it up with another and bigger drop of the foundation and voilá!! I have the same matte beautiful look but with a lighter coverage. I Loved the effect so much when I tried it on.

I LOVE this foundation and specially because it has no smell. I also got the Dermablend transparent loose powder but I haven't worn it out of the house so I can't really tell. But I love this brand so much that I'm sure it will work!

By the way, I say it's too expensive because in Brazil it's super expensive, something equivalent to 50 dollars. Yeah...I'm not even going to mention a Chanel price, you would fall out of your chair.