July 24, 2014 | 1868 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been taking Omega 3 (from 3 sources -- fish, flax and borage) for ages, in order to take better care of my heart. I cannot say as though I've ever noticed any physical difference with any of them, however. But I did want to post because I've read that many are complaining of "fish burps" (hee hee) and I know how to prevent this, thanks to my doctor. Are you ready? KEEP THEM IN THE FREEZER! No fish burps. Works like a charm.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by skibler

After reading the review on this site, I was discussing the use of fish oil with my mom and sister the other day. As it turns out, both of them have been taking fish oil pills for years! That may explain why my mom and sister both have beautiful skin (neither of them wear foundation and my mom is 53!) while I have breakouts and uneven texture and tone. My sister's skin is practically flawless, so I'm willing to experiment to see if it could really be the fish oil. I breakout fairly easily (I can somehow form a zit between leaving the house in the morning and arriving to work), so we'll see how my skin deals with it. It's worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ellediva

The jury is still out on this one.....after reading so many rave reviews I bought 2 bottles of Nature Made brand Omega 3 fish oil pills.....i cannot attest to the overall health benefits just yet, as I have only been taking them daily for two weeks. However, to my dismay, it seems as though these pills have broken my face out...i have generally clear skin, and only two days after taking the pills terrible, painful bumps have developed on my chin....a place i don't even usually break out. It really upsets me because I am very into taking good care of myself and i thought this would only help me in my quest for great health. These pills may be great for my insides, but they are reaking havoc on my face! Ladies, when it comes to taking these pills, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil Liquid is my choice. I have tried several brands, and this is the only one that doesn't upset my stomach or give me fish burps. It is probably the most economical choice from their brand as well. The capsules are pricier. I will not live with out my NN, it is as necessary to me as my Shiseido sunscreen lotion (check it out if you are oily/acne prone!). My skin breaks out so much less, and looks less red and blotchy. Give it a try. I get mine at the local health food store for about $22 for a 40 day or so supply.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I used to take fish oil pills for the mood-stabilizing effect. Which I thought was negligible, but you really have to have a lot of high-concentrate, good quality product, according to my Googling skills. I never saw any effect on my hair, skin, nails. I DID notice a gigantic libido uptick, temporarily. Then I read on a cancer patients' message-board that Fish Oil Pills are sometimes used to counter the libido-killing side effects of cancer treatment meds and chemotherapy. The upshot is: I'm wondering if you're all just mood-stabilized and twitter-pated. ;) Just kidding. I'm really glad it works for people, even if it doesn't work for me. You can't argue with results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok the fish oil i got said take 2, 3 times a day, 6 tablets a day! and there were no obvious results, yes my skin and hair went like and oil slick and i broke out, but i mean no good effects! Eeew and they said they were odouless but have you smelled them, its not like fish but its gross
DONT waste your money

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by skila

Omega-3--Natural Factors--I have been taking this for over a month now. I do get "fish burps". However, it doesn't bother me. I only get them when I do not take the supplement with food. My hair has gotten VERY shiney, and I am always getting compliments on it's color and texture. My nails are looking GrrrrREAT. I also started taking a multi-vitamin for women at the same time, so it could be a combination of the two. Originally, my hair was shedding profusely and my nails looked bad, my skin was erratic (and still kinda is due to hormonal imbalances). However, I do think that the fish oils and the vitamins have helped me. I have taken them consistently and missed maybe a couple doses in the past month. I noticed less hair shedding about 10 days after beginning the 2. *The Natural Factors brand recommends 1 pill 2X a day taken with a meal. If I eat salmon for a meal, I only take one pill. I have had NO oily skin, NO oily hair--if anything, this has been a miracle for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by valpal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I take the Jamieson brand of omega 3 supplements - specifically the ones high in DHA (versus EPA) marketed for 'brain health' because my naturopath prescribed them. I was buying the Nordic Naturals rasberry essence brand but Jamieson provides a more affordable/accessable option for me. The one difference I did notice was that my nails stopped flaking/breaking off. My skin is slightly better and I've never had anything fishy as a result any high DHA omega 3's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to say I'm very pleased with my results from taking Omega 3 capsules. I started taking them because I'm a massage therapist and I've been abusing my thumb joints. I went to my trusted natural health store and she suggested Omega 3 pills to lubricate the joints. I've been taking them for about 2 months and my pain is gone. Also, it's helped with my skin. No more flaky legs for me. I'm definately glad I tried this.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been taking Nordic Natuals w/ lemon for about 3 months and am very pleased. I never get "fish burps". My nails are stronger and my hair seems to be growing in stronger and fasther. I can't say this is a miracle product for my skin, but I'm taking them more for my brain health than my vanity, though the extra perks are nice. :)