BeneFit Cosmetics 10 [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics 10 [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

This combination bronzer/blush is terrific. It adds cheekbones in a matter of seconds. The Benefit SA tried it on me after I commented on her cheeks and I have used it ever since. The colour is great on my skin, too. I hate the fake-bronzer look and this doesn't give me a fake look even though I am fairly pale.

It also works over my non-Benefit foundation really well.

on 1/17/2008 3:03:00 PM

I've gotten two compliments on this product and I hardly ever get compliments on my makeup, so this stuff must be good! One woman asked me if I had gotten a tan (in the middle of winter, no less!) and I'm pretty sure it was Benefit 10 that made me look bronzed. My cousin raved to me about my bronzer and told me that my skin looked luminous and tan.

For the record, I'm ethnically Korean, wear Benefit Volume 4 foundation and Stila 50 watts.

I don't bother with Benefit's whole sculpting thing, I just take a big brush and swirl it around in the box then sweep in on my face where the sun would hit (cheek bones, nose, forehead, and just a touch on my chin). My two complaints are that Benefit 10 is pretty shimmery and the packaging sucks. I like shimmer, but not always. I might try Benefit Hoola next for a more matte bronzer and use 10 for times I want to look more festive. This is packaged in a little square cardboard box that makes it a little bit difficult to swirl a big brush around in. The box looks cute, but it's already starting to get banged up a bit and it's not great for travel. Benefit, please switch to different packaging!

on 12/23/2007 11:12:00 PM

I was very skeptical about this product when the Benefit SA first tried it on me. But I felt like it almost seemed to create the illusion of cheekbones with the combination of bronzer and highlighter. I was a little worried about how shimmery the highlighter was, but I've found it to be fairly subtle. I'd definitely reccommend trying this out in the store just to see if it is a good fit for you -- cheekbones await!

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I bought this product, other than that at the time, I was going through a huge Benefit phase, and when a lost 20 turned up in my bag, I saw this as a sign that I should treat myself. At that time, I wanted a nice pinky colour blush, and a new bronzer, so naturally I found myself with 10. The sexy sweep business drew me in, and spat me back out again the minute I got home and tried this. The bronzer is too dark and shimmery for my skin, and the pink barely shows up. I think I have maybe used this once? I think the only thing I liked was the cute little packaging.

I love it! The bronzer is a really good color, especially for pale skin. The powder smells really good too. The brush isn't so good, usually I need to blend it with a powder brush afterwards.

on 12/11/2007 10:10:00 PM

Not only is the packaging wonderful but the products are all that you need to look like a 10....anytime... anywhere I like it best for a night look but have used it for a natural simple day look! comes highly recommended!

on 12/2/2007 1:53:00 AM

I loved this in the store when the saleswoman did it for me, but then when I got home, I could not get it the same way. It is too streaky and dark for me and I really am unhappy with it. However, I do find it to be a nice facial illuminator if you use a blusher brush and mix the two colors together and dust lightly on the face. It isn't too dark then and gives you a nice glow. But, it doesn't not live up to the hype whatsoever.
And don't even get me started on the packaging! When is Benefit going to realize that while the little boxes are cute, they are not practical and do not travel AT ALL. This summer, I used Georgia, the peachy bronzer powder and I packed it in my luggage and the whole thing opened and shattered and I could no longer use it. So upsetting!

on 11/28/2007 8:32:00 PM

The concept of this product is excellent. However, its not the best for me. It seems unusually difficult to get even.

on 11/25/2007 10:43:00 PM

Cons: Price is way too high for what you get. Small box, brush sheds, and the highlighter is way too frosty!
Pros: Great bronzer. Soft brush.
Must use very light hand!

on 11/21/2007 8:08:00 PM

I was very excited by the idea that I could highlight and contour in just 1 swipe of this blush. However, when I spent about 40 CAD to get it, this disapointed me. The brush it came with is very scratchy and doesn't pick up pigments too well. In addtion, the brush is too narrow to contour my cheeks. I really tried to make this work, and everytime i either look like a complete mess or a weirdo wearing strikey blush of different colors. The packaging is not travel friendly as well, just like other blushes from Benefit such as Dandelion and Georgia because the lid comes off easily. The bronzer part is very shimmery and I don't understand how that's gonna contour your face, because matte bronzers work way better. The only reason I gave this 2 lippies is because I can use the highlighter and bronzer as 2 different blushes and that seem to work okay. I tried convincing myself that getting a highlighter and bronzer for 20 CAD each is not that bad. However, i still ended up swapping it away.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products