February 28, 2015 | 1537 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by violet04

The main problem I have with my skin is that it gets shiny and I need to blot at least a couple of times during the day. My dream primer would keep the shine at bay and keep my makeup looking fresh at the end of the day.

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I used it for several days. I used it in place of my regular moisturizer and then put my foundation on. By itself, I really didn't notice any difference in the way my skin looked. It does have a lemony scent like other reviews described.

I noticed that right after I applied my foundation, it looked a bit smoother, but the primer didn't prevent my makeup from fading during the day.

During the day, I noticed that I still had to blot the same amount as usual and it caused me to break out.

A little does go a long way. I still had plenty left in the sample packet, but I tossed it since it made me break out.

I didn't buy this to begin with, but I would not purchase a full size bottle of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this product. It does help decrease oil production and it doesn't break me out. I can tell a difference in my T-zone when I don't use it, it does minimize my pores as much as any product can, and one tube has lasted me over 6 months. But, I still think there's something better out there. I still need to wear foundation with it, I will probably not repurchase, since $20 is a lot to spend on a product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by aerdvm

I use this product alone without any makeup. When I want a primer, I use Laura Geller's Spackle instead. The Present Clear Makeup helps tremendously to decrease the appearance of the pores on my cheeks (near my nose) and makes my face have a smoother, less wrinkled appearance. I find it helps keep my face looking fresh and matte for hours and I touch it up in the mid-afternoon in my oily T-zone area. To apply, I gently pat it on with clean hands instead of spreading it on like a cream. I find this helps get it into the lines/wrinkles/pores better. A little goes a long way- good value. To me it smells like lavender, not lemon.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by curlytexan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm also not completely impressed with this product. It dried out my skin a little. But I like the smell of it, lemony. It did mattify my face but dryness was the side effect. I prefer the Bare Escentuals Primer much better to this. I also wouldn't view this as a moisturizer and works only so-so as a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've used this as a primer and im not impressed...loved the scent though...it makes me oily within a few hrs...i prefer laura geller's spackle over this....even wore this on its own and i still got oily....it doesnt feel silicony not does it dry powdery...i must admit that my face does feel pretty soft with this stuff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by laurenmt

I got this also as a GWP, at Sephora and the lady gave me like a months worth. I use this everytime I use foundation, on top of my moisturizer, and I don't feel it sitting on my face as much as Smashbox's Photo Finish (although I would still use Smashbox's on a night out or on special occasions). It also doesn't make you too pale in photos like other primers do...So this is my HG primer, and I haven't broken out or gotten clogged anything yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is either exactly the same or within one ingredient of being On A Clear Day Protection Cream, but I've noticed that the folks at Philosophy like to repeat products, scents, etc., and re-market them as something different (which I personally find pretty irritating). Anyway, this is a naturally lavender-scented cream that's supposed to...well, that part isn't entirely clear to me, even after using an entire tube. The blurb on Sephora says something about being some kind of protector/invisible band-aid, but if that's all it's supposed to do, there are other products I greatly prefer that help filter out environmental damagers and include SPF. This is also a poor moisturizer as it has quite a bit of silicone. Perhaps some would like it as a primer, but again, there are other primers I would choose over this. Contains parabens.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by quartergoddess

I was not that impressed with this product. I don't think it helped my makeup last longer or go on smoother. I already use a lightweight moisturizer with SPF, so I can't see that this adds anything to my morning routine. I think I'm going to try Smashbox's primer instead next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

So I had bought this, kind of forgot about it, then today decided I would put it on again. It smells odd. Not horribly unpleasant, but not good either. It reminds me of MAC Strobe Cream, but the SC smells better. Similar to what paper that just came off a copier smells like lol. Anyhow, so I only put about half a quarter sized amount in my palms, rubbed them together and put this only on my cheeks and nose. My skin feels extremely soft. I have not put my make up on yet, as I am sitting here typing this lol. I can't say that my skin looks flawless,but it does feel smooth and oil free and hopefully, this will make my make up last longer in the dreadul east coast heat!

UPDATE: Twenty minutes later, put some Jane Nearly Foundatio Tinted Moisturizer, and skin looks FANTASTIC. No pilling. No need for pressed powder even.Skin looks and feels luminious. Will def buy this product again, but will not need to any time soon cause it will last a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

I bought this because it was supposed to be a foundation primer, but really it's just a lightweight moisturizer which my oily skin doesn't need. It didn't mattify my skin, didn't give me flawless-looking skin past the first 5 minutes, didn't keep the oilies at bay (in fact it made them a bit worse), and smelled slightly unpleasant. If I let it dry for two minutes my liquid makeup did go over it nicely.