April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by laurenmt

I got this also as a GWP, at Sephora and the lady gave me like a months worth. I use this everytime I use foundation, on top of my moisturizer, and I don't feel it sitting on my face as much as Smashbox's Photo Finish (although I would still use Smashbox's on a night out or on special occasions). It also doesn't make you too pale in photos like other primers do...So this is my HG primer, and I haven't broken out or gotten clogged anything yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is either exactly the same or within one ingredient of being On A Clear Day Protection Cream, but I've noticed that the folks at Philosophy like to repeat products, scents, etc., and re-market them as something different (which I personally find pretty irritating). Anyway, this is a naturally lavender-scented cream that's supposed to...well, that part isn't entirely clear to me, even after using an entire tube. The blurb on Sephora says something about being some kind of protector/invisible band-aid, but if that's all it's supposed to do, there are other products I greatly prefer that help filter out environmental damagers and include SPF. This is also a poor moisturizer as it has quite a bit of silicone. Perhaps some would like it as a primer, but again, there are other primers I would choose over this. Contains parabens.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by quartergoddess

I was not that impressed with this product. I don't think it helped my makeup last longer or go on smoother. I already use a lightweight moisturizer with SPF, so I can't see that this adds anything to my morning routine. I think I'm going to try Smashbox's primer instead next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I had bought this, kind of forgot about it, then today decided I would put it on again. It smells odd. Not horribly unpleasant, but not good either. It reminds me of MAC Strobe Cream, but the SC smells better. Similar to what paper that just came off a copier smells like lol. Anyhow, so I only put about half a quarter sized amount in my palms, rubbed them together and put this only on my cheeks and nose. My skin feels extremely soft. I have not put my make up on yet, as I am sitting here typing this lol. I can't say that my skin looks flawless,but it does feel smooth and oil free and hopefully, this will make my make up last longer in the dreadul east coast heat!

UPDATE: Twenty minutes later, put some Jane Nearly Foundatio Tinted Moisturizer, and skin looks FANTASTIC. No pilling. No need for pressed powder even.Skin looks and feels luminious. Will def buy this product again, but will not need to any time soon cause it will last a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

I bought this because it was supposed to be a foundation primer, but really it's just a lightweight moisturizer which my oily skin doesn't need. It didn't mattify my skin, didn't give me flawless-looking skin past the first 5 minutes, didn't keep the oilies at bay (in fact it made them a bit worse), and smelled slightly unpleasant. If I let it dry for two minutes my liquid makeup did go over it nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kjs934

A good friend of mine recommended this product to me, and i have to say I've loved it for all of the many months it's lasted for me. I love the minty smell of the product, and while it doesn't minimize pores it does work to smooth out skin before makeup application creating the flawless look it promises. The key though is to wait until the product dries COMPLETELY before applying foundation. I have combination acne-prone sensitive skin, and this product goes above and beyond simply non-irritating, it works to moisturize in the morning and keep my skin in balance all day, and also keeps my skin clear :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by sauerkrautrock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

really disappointed with this product. it didn't do anything to help the texture of my skin before applying make up - which is the reason I spent 23 on it in the first place! it also made my skin feel tight and dry, which never helps the application of MMU! as soon as I changed my moisturiser (& skin care routine) I started having more luck with MMU (MAC SFF) application and staying power. it also made my quite sensitive all-over-the-place skin sting like hell after putting it on. best avoided! I won't be wasting my money on Philosophy products again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by starrydreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, this was a complete baloney of a product! This is not a "present" I want to be receiving any time soon. It did nothing, absolutely nothing it "claimed" to do. "Do you crave airbrushed skin?," it says. A resounding yes! However, you are not going to get it with this product. "Do your wrinkles and pores deserve to be minimized?" Yes again! Everyone's does. Is this going to do it? Sorry to say, but no. I get extremely oily throughout the day, and I was hoping for something to help that. Did this help? I don't think so. "Are you searching for a new foundation?," it says. Are you kidding me? If you can wear this as a foundation by itself then you have to have completely perfect skin, and you know what, if you do I don't really want to talk to you then. (He He, just kidding.) :)* The only "present" this left me with was half a tube full of junk that I completely wasted my money on. Don't you hate that? Maybe I can actually find a product that promises to do what it is supposed to do next time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by HeartBarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It is amazingly helpful to me. I really didn't expect it to work as I've tried similar products in the past that were terrible. I have extremely sensetive skin with rosacea bumps. I wear this under Philosophy concealer and Philosophy Supernatural mineral makeup. I usually have a lot of trouble with makeup not covering my rosacea bumpiness but this perceptibly evens out my skin texture enough that I can actually get makeup to look good. And not only that, it lasts for 6 to 8 hours. This is a fantastic product that I now consider a necessity.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you, Philosophy. Sigh. I am a Philosophy gal, love it, buy it, use it all the time as my main beauty product. That being said, this product is baloney. It does nothing for me... well, it does nothing good. It made my other make-up act funny; my cream foundation couldn't be rubbed in and when I tried switching to a mineral foundation it was also incompatible with The Present. Tried using it as a clear foundation, also nothing. I wanted to love this product but I don't, it was $25 out the window.