MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

4.3

on 4/17/2009 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I haven't been giving this little brush the due it deserves. It's great for stippling on foundation for a more sheer finish. It's wonderful for cream or gel blushes.

I have to use it more. I normally grab the 187 because it covers more area in a shorter amount of time. The 188 is for a more precise application.

on 4/15/2009 11:40:00 AM

This was my absolute first MAC face brush, no wait, my first long handle MAC face brush. I purchased it because I thought it was unique and wanted a brush for face powder (at the time studio fix powder), but I rarely used it. Now that I am more familiar with cosmetics and tools, I am more aware of its uses, but I still do not show it love. It sits there and occasionally gets used because I feel that one day I will have an epiphony with it, but I still have to "force" myself to grab it. I tried it with blush, do not really care for it, somewhat too small, used it for highlight, but the application is too sheer, tried it for liquid foundation, too small and blotchy, 187 better of course, or 109. The white bristles seem to disappear when wet, as if they are too sparse, so I find that it makes the application uneven, but please try it if you really want it because it is a good quality/unique brush. Get it if the 187 is too big, or if you want it in your brush collection, but I do not think it is necessary.

on 4/12/2009 3:27:00 AM

I like the 188...I just don't love it as much as the 187. I like my blush to make me look like I'm glowing, which the 187 does. The 188 to me seems much better for a well-defined blush placement, if that makes sense. I think once I get my hands on another 187 (or something similar) I may just use this to add some dimension to my blush on top of the 187, or I might just use this for foundation, to get into smaller areas.

on 4/10/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Perfect for blending my foundation or tinted moisturizer in between my eyes, around my nose area, and right above my eyebrows. Also great for very pigmented blushes.

I have both the MAC 187 & 188. Unlike many people I am not in love with my MAC 187 brush! It's a bit too big for certain applications. Which is why I bought the MAC 188. I love using this with the MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 foundation. It makes the application and blending of this particular foundation a breeze.

on 4/10/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Um..........., crickets in the background as i try to wrap my mind around y i brought this brush in the first place, i already have 3 187 mac brushes for different reasons but this one i thought would be good for the application of blush-NO, application of bronzer-NO, application of powder, maybe in the crevices of my face-NO and lastly maybe for application of several of my foundations in any form it may come, liquid, powder or creme- Big Hell to the NO. Ok this brush may not be so bad for blush but i like blush to look extremely natural, hence the 187, this brush to me brings the pigment to make it noticeable, so im stuck once again with a purchase that was made out of greed and not out of neccessity. I would attempt to take it back but lost the receipt and chucked the plastic it came in. So now i practically have all of mac's brushes with this one sitting in the wtf pile. Edit- So im giving this 2 more lippies bc it is great to apply blush with as well as my msf highlighters, so i take back some of the negativity i said before however i only use this for blush when the 187 is making the blush a little too sheer if that makes any sense.

on 4/10/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using my fingers to apply MUFE Mat Velvet + and the result was relatively good. Initially, I thought using a stipple brush was a redundant step. But after reading so many reviews online and watching makeup videos on youtube, I was too tempted to try the stippling method. I have to give 1 million stars to this brush.Totally fell in LOVE with it!!!! The white brittles are dense enough for a perfect distribution of products and the result was a flawless HD effect since I have relatively good complexion to begin with, except for an oily T-zone. The price is a little steep but its worth every penny. The size of this brush is just perfect for my medium-sized face and also good for powder/creme blusher/bronzer, truly multi-purpose. My advice is to buy MAC's brush cleaner to clean the brush after each use. For the lazy girls out there, you would rather make the extra effort or risk getting bacteria into your pores and face skin problems that will cost you more $$$.

on 4/9/2009 7:20:00 PM

I LOVE this brush. I don't know how I lived without it. It creates such a natural and yet airbrushed look and is small enough to get into the "creases" by my nose and eyes. Absolutely wonderful. However, the price is a bit much but I love my MAC so I guess that is the sacrifice. It is also quite easy to clean even when I wear my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

on 4/9/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because the I think stippling is the best way to apply liquid foundation. I use my Sonia Kashuk 187 dupe to do the majority of my face, but places around my nose, eyes, and forehead are impossible to get to with a big brush. The 188 is perfect for these smaller areas. This can also be used for blush, but I prefer the larger 187 for that. I highly recommend this brush for anyone who stipples on their foundation.

on 4/3/2009 11:30:00 AM

I debated whether or not to buy this brush for quite some time but I am soooo glad i did. It is the perfect size, is great for stipling concealer and picking up blush. I had a hard time depositing the right amount of blush with other brushes that claimed to be equal to the 188 but this brush is beyond superior. I love this brush and am planning on purchasing a back up.

Popular Makeup Brushes