September 3, 2014 | 1477 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using different variations of the yogurt mask since I was a teenager. What I have discovered is it is great at making your skin soft and smooth, moisturizing dry skin if you use regular (not low-fat or non-fat) yogurt, and if mixed with honey can have a temporary tightening affect. However I find it does nothing for helping acne, decongesting pores, lessening fine lines, any tightening effect doesn't last, and using anything but non-fat yogurt leaves a greasy film on your skin that can make you break out. In the long-term I really don't see any difference in my skin, this only should be as a temporary skin pick-me-up. So if you want to try a yogurt mask here's what I recommend:

- On your face only use non-fat yogurt. Mixing it with oatmeal and honey accentuates the softening effects. I find it only really works if you leave it on 30 minutes or more, it needs to be completely dry.
- On dry hands or feet you can use regular yogurt and the oils don't seem to cause any breakouts. Like the face mask you can add other ingredients like honey, and you need to leave it on till it dries completely to see any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by GlowFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ADULT ACNE SUFFERERS, I DESPERATELY URGE YOU TO READ THIS, THANK YOU!

Okay, let me first begin by saying... I did not always have acne, in fact... as a teen my skin was envied. I began noticing a change from normal/dry skin to seeing more and more acne develop from age 19 to now, age 23. I have spent more money and time than I'd care to recall on acne products. I have cried over this problem and lost so much self esteem. I barely go anywhere (besides to the gym) without a ton of concealer and foundation to cover marks. It's a painful and embarrassing thing to go through, no matter how common it may be. ANYWAY! I began doing a yogurt mask about 3 weeks ago and my skin is slowly but surely getting brighter, clearer, smoother and just... back to "normal"... I make different mixes but basically the recipe comes down to 2% Fage Greek Yogurt, Honey, A bit of milk/cream (whatever is available, to thin it out) and I sometimes will add lemon juice and/or mashed strawberries. I leave it on anywhere from 15-45 minutes depending on how much time I have. I have done it 2 times even in a day. I really don't know why someone would hesitate to try this because it's really cheap, easy to make and WORKS! I urge you, whoever you are, if you suffer from acne, please try this. It may be the answer to your prayers.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing mask! I use Fage Greek Yogurt, at least 2% if not full fat, and I add some turmeric to it. I usually leave it on for at least half an hour if not longer, and it has definitely helped with breakouts and dry skin! I will continue to do this every other night - it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Not bad... but not great. I don't normally eat all natural yogurt, so I borrowed my mom's to try this out.

Maybe it was the fact that hers was 1% yogurt that made this so ... disappointing, but either way, i didn't notice any difference.

Granted, I'm 15 and have very clear skin as it is, but still... it's not perfect, and this did nothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually keep some Fage Greek Yogurt in the fridge but I had no idea that I could use it as a face mask until recently. I scooped some into a bowl and added some used coffee grounds from brewing coffee that morning (Starbucks Cafe Verona) and made a paste. I rinsed my skin with warm water, patted dry, and applied the mixture onto my face. After about 15 minutes, I took it off and my skin was sooo much smoother and softer. My skin just looked... nourished. I definitely saw/felt a difference in my skin texture (probably from the lactic acid?). I definitely recommend this to anyone with bumpy, problem skin as a refining/retexturizing mask. It worked great for me and I will continue to use this a few times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SarahBlueBrazell

I love using greek yogurt with honey in it, smells nicer than the original and feels amazing. I used it a few days ago and my breakouts have since cleared up quite a bit, i'm not sure the two are related though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use greek yogurt and some honey/lemon juice. First time I used this mask, my skin was left looking and feeling AMAZING.
After the initial use, my skin still reacted nicely. Though, I left it on for too long (30 minutes, maybe a bit more) and broke out mildly. Never made that mistake again.
I leave it on for 15 minutes the most and it works just fine. Nothing life changing though.
I may need to change up the kind of honey I use for a better effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by majestyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I broke out HORRIBLY. Smelled disgusting too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kareneap

The smell is a little hard to sit through but it's definitely worth it! My skin feels super soft and moisturised after drenching my face with this for 20 minutes. I leave it out for a few minutes before putting it on so it's not too cold when I put it on. The cooling, tingling sensation is really refreshing and I can't recommend this enough! I don't feel guilty when I do either - it's not as though it'll break the bank!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I make my own yogurt facial, usually once a month, whenever I have time. Altho my skin has had many changes this past two years, this works well for me even now. A lot of the skin care products that were my HG have stopped working so...here is what I do.

Clean my face with bottled water (not tap).
Pat dry and apply yogurt. Massage and wait for the yogurt to dry.
After a few mins, apply honey. Careful coz it does not suit everyone. I recommend organic honey.
Apply some grated cucumber on the honey, it will stick.

I usually do some chores around the house and take a shower. I wash my face last of all, and the hot steam in the shower helps soften my skin further. It is soothing and a slight glow is noticeable afterwards :)