NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

Based on all the great reviews, I was disappointed. It seems to be very popular, but it looked terrible on me. I used benefit high beam, but I wanted a powder formula, and so based on the reviews here, I bought it.
I have NW10/15, and this is so unbelievably gold! It's white in the pan..what the hell happened? When you put more on, it turns into a sickly yellow. It doesns't look natural at all! I want a highlighter that subtly highlights, this did no such thing. It was so shimmery, it was on the verge of being sparkly. It was kind of expensive too. Such a let down. I threw it out and I won't buy this again.

on 7/31/2012 1:25:00 AM

Such a beautiful highlighter for above the cheekbones and on the inner corners of eyes. Just a pretty shimmery (not glittery) finely milled gold highlight. Can look chalky if you have dry patches of skin but otherwise not chalky at all. Very little product is needed to achieve a nice glow with this. Looks natural and not overdone. Expensive but totally worth it.

on 7/17/2012 3:33:00 AM

This is a-mazing! I love the fact that it dances with light, making you glow in all the right places. I love the fact that it contains no chunks of glitter, but is full of luminosity. But, what I love about it most? The fact that every time I wear Albatross I look like I've fallen from the heavens.

This highlighter is amazing, it is definitely my holy grail! I use i on my eyes too so even if it is a bit expensive it's worth it. This is a staple product that i LOVE!

I went into Sephora and asked the sales girl for recommendations for a highlighter. She was excellent and took me around the store swatching highlighters from several brands. The Nars Albatross blew everything else out of the water. So many highlighters rely on sparkle and glitter. The Nars just had the loveliest, natural sheen. So subtle. She said she actually purchased several for herself in case they ever discontinue it. I absolutely love it!

on 6/29/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I read that this is like the pressed version of MAC's vanilla pigment, which is exactly what I was looking for. I found it much more yellow on my skin rather than giving a golden sheen. It was too dark for me-I'm NC15. I think on darker skin tones this would be lovely, but one me not so much. And it altered the colors of my blushes too. Not very attractive on my pinkish very very fair skin. If you are NC 15 or lighter, get MAC vanilla pigment instead. It's gorgeous, this will be too yellow and dark.

on 6/20/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love most things NARS, and Albatross is no exception. It is a fine white powder blush with a very slight gold shimmer meant to be used as a highlighter. I get compliments every time I wear it! And as with most things in the NARS blush world, a little goes a long way. Apply lightly and build if necessary-you are going for an "illuminated glow/shimmer" with this product if applied correctly. Using too heavy a hand will be closer to "look a glitterbomb just exploded in my face". Absolutely stunning if worn correctly.

on 6/13/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! It is a white powder but once applied it has a illuminating effect. Looks nice on the cheek bones.

on 6/7/2012 2:30:00 PM

A genius product. Gentle whilst still beautifully illuminating. It is one product that I will never be without.

This is my favorite highlighter of all time. The sparkle is so finely milled in this product is gives the perfect subtle glow to my skin with out bringing out any of my imperfections, or making me look like a 16 year old. I do admit that after I first purchased this product I was a little unsure if the pigment and the sparkle was enough. So then I went out and purchased M.A.C's MSF sold and gentle, and after see how big the glitter chunks with, and how obvious the product looked on my skin. I defiantly became grateful of the subtle glow that albatross gives me, that wouldn't trade in a million year. I will defiantly repurchase again!

Top Rated NARS Products