April 17, 2014 | 1350 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get this product on its own. I got it as part of the NARS Bronzer/Blush/Highlighter Trio in Laguna/Orgasm/Albatross. I did notice however, that Albatross costs as much as a regular blush if you get the full size ($27.00), which I think is ridiculous, because its not a blush, and you can't really use it as a blush. This was my first official highlighter, but I tended to use white eyeshadows as highlighters before this. Honestly, the color is really nice and the product goes a long way. It highlights the brow bone especially really well, but I don't like how it highlights the cheekbone as much, just because it has a gold sheen to it, which is nice, but if you wear it with other NARS products (which I usually do, obv. since I have the Trio) that already tend to have shimmer in them, then it kind of overdoes it, unless you wear it on your eye where you can kind of get away with it. The product goes a loooooong way. I can say that much! I mean, I really don't suggest getting it by itself. If you are interested in other NARS products then get a Duo or Trio, which is a lot more worth it, because you will get another product in an equal or greater amount to go along with the highlighter, and it will be a lot more cost efficient. I personally would not buy this product again. I mean the color is nice, but its too expensive in my opinion for a highlighter. I usually don't use highlighter as a part of my daily routine though. If I'm in a rush, that's the last thing I worry about. Maybe if highlighter is a staple for you, you will find that its worth the price, but personally, I don't. This is honestly a killer eyeshadow though, so if you get it in the Trio (basically for free) for example like I did, then you can still use it as an eyeshadow since it has a really pretty pink/gold sheen. And it does look okay if you wear a more matte blush/bronzer. I did a review of the Trio as well and you can go read that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite highlighter! Its not glittery so it gives me a natural finish. It has a golden shimmer which is a nice touch. I use it on my cheeks, nose and a little on my forehead and it just brightens up my face and gives dimension.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this unsure of what to expect. It is my first highlighter, and I am impressed! I use it to highlight under my brows, the cupids bow, and cheeks. It leaves a wonderful shimmery golden glow. I love this. I will repurchase if I ever need to, because I use such a tiny amount and I don't know if I will ever reach the bottom of the pan!
But my god, so expensive (in Aus).

*EDIT* I actually ended up getting rid of this, after realising that it is a bit OTT on me. I prefer more subtle highlighters, such as theBalm MLM

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ari496

I really love nars blushes! They're my favorite. They're so pigmented and they have great staying power. Albatross is just perfect. I have super pale skin, and highlighters look so tacky. I have a really round face, so I wanted something to highlight the high points in my face to fake some deifinition. This is so pretty. Yea it's shimmery, but who doesn't love some shimmer. I know it's white in the case, but it really is golden! I feel like a goddess, and admittedly, I feel beautiful when I put this on. It gives me so much confidence. I really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pocahontas29

Absolutley LOVE this product..its like a little slab of magic i can quite work it out. its white but when you put it on it REALLY is golden! i read so many reviews and didnt see how it could possibly live up to all the hype surrounding it, but it really does! the colour reminds me of benefit moonbeam however in comparison once applied is a lot more vivid. a little goes a LONG way so this will last ages. personally i love the packaging however its true, the rubbery case is covered in glitter/powder/fingerprints in no time no matter how careful you are. its a powder so if you have a prob with powders and staying power then i suggest applying jemma kidd all over radiance creme in rose gold and then dusting this over to set..it wont budge! this is a must buy! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by CookieNSpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks white but when applied it gives a beautiful golden glow. My HG highlighter. I use the NARS Yachiyo to apply on my nose, my cheeks, and even browbone. Regarding packaging, NARS packaging looks chic but is a fingerprint magnet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by itsrachmang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this highlighter for a while now. I use it for special occasions or whenever I feel like being glam for the night =P It is my FAVE highlighter. I always always ALWAYS get compliments when I have this on. This is the one thing that I will really be sad about if I had lost or broken it. I think it's best when applied after blush and right on top of the cheekbones and up towards the outer brow (cupids brow). It gives a nice GLOW without too much sparkle. Just DON'T overdue it! Then you'll look too shiny. Overall, I think this is an absolute MUST HAVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

A great highlighter for summertime! The golden shimmer and fine pearly powder is a perfect combinaison to pair up with any warm-toned blush or bronzer. I also sometimes use this as a shimmerwash for my eyes and the eye-cheek combo pulls the look together!! I see this lasting me a LONG time since so little is needed everytime, but if I even finish my compact I won't doubt to buy another one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by ndeadeas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this a few days ago and am not disappointed. Its such a natural subtle sheen that I cant stop looking at my face in the mirror! I look like Im carrying a candle around with me giving me a permanent 'glow'. I have about 5 highlighters and this wins hands down. I look like ive spent my whole life eating nothing but veg as someone else pointed out it looks like it gives a glow from within. I also love NARS packaging due to the amount of times I have dropped my Orgasm blush and the rubber feel packaging has stopped it breaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to order this highlighter off Ebay because I am not willing to pay the ridiculous price from Australia. Have to say, this is beautiful and well worth the wait for shipping. It gives off a gorgeous golden glow and really helps to define the cheek bones. It is an off white color, which does look a bit scary in the pan but when applied to the high points of the face it really helps to give your face definition. I normally like to use a cream highlighter but I would buy this 100 times if I had to, I love it.