October 24, 2014 | 969 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is strange stuff. It looks like a cream but when I touched it it turned into a liquid, I thought how did they do that. I've only used this once and I can't stand the thought of putting this on my face again. It applies greasy, which I thought it will eventually set...it never really does and it is SUFFOCATING on my face, I could'nt wait til the end of the day to wash it off. I will never repurchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ponysonata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first foundation ever. I bought it at Sephora and I thought it gave me decent coverage. My skin looked even and I think it covered most blemishes but overall the coverage wasn't that great. It made my skin look dull. The worst part was the creamy formula that felt like grease on my face after a day at school. It broke me out a ton and the coverage wasn't good enough for the breakouts. It only comes in two shades and one was too orange and the other made me look ghostly. It runs out really fast and feels heavy on your face. Not a good buy although I did repurchase it once because I didn't know there were better things out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I'm so glad I bought this with a gift certificate, and didn't waste my own money - but I still feel angry and ripped off months later! I like most Benefit products, but this one is SO bad. I was amazed by the lack of color choices, but the packaging was so cute. When I tested it on my hand, the medium looked very orange, but I thought that was the store lighting. It wasn't.
It feels so greasy when you first apply it, and it's supposed to dry to a powder-like finish. My skin is normally dry, and this stayed in a greasy consistency. It doesn't really stay on enough to cover anything, the more I tried to reply, it just smeared off the first layer. I have good skin, and this made it look odd, instead of enhanced. I'm keeping it because it was so darned expensive I'd feel guilty tossing it. If you want a creamy foundation, go to Max Factor Pan Stick. It's been around forever and really gives a lovely finish.
ETA: I have sensitive skin and have never had a foundation sting and almost burn so much after application. You could really feel there was something laying on your skin. I had to wash it off after the first hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst foundation-like product I have ever bought. I do like some BeneFit products, but not this. Any decent drugstore foundation will look better on your skin, no wait, actually wearing NO foundation at all will look better on your skin.

I have had this for a few months, I never use it because it is totally unsuitable for me. I tried it again a few days ago just to see if anything has changed and I've come to the conclusion that I hate this product! I think I just didn't want to admit it, because it was so pricey.

The coverage is very light, almost non-existent, which can be OK. But on top of that it accentuates every flaw I have in my face. Every little bump, dry part or flakiness will look worse because of the powdery finish this has. It sets into my pores and around small acne scars making them look more noticeable, instead of covering them and evening them out. Even teeny tiny hairs around my jawline will become noticeable. And this is son after I apply the product, not a few hours later. The color surprisingly matches my skin color, but it still gives me a blotchy look.
Overall it is very streaky and greasy, but not moisturizing. It just sits on my skin.I'm also not a fan of the smell. The sponge that comes with is is useless and you will use up the product quickly when using the sponge. I've tried applying with a brush, but this also failed giving me an even coverage without streaks. Instead of looking 'natural', it looks like your 5 year old sister put some really bad quality make-up on you.
Max Factor has a similar product (Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion) with better coverage and less cakey-ness that actually makes your skin look better. But this one will also run out quickly.

I would never buy this again and I don't recommend it. Even if you already have smooth, even skin, there are better products out there for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by frando

I was tipped to this by my sister in law, who also finds it hard to find suitable foundation. Its packaging was attractive and cute, also rather compact for those who want to concider that kind fo thing.

Anyway, the actual product; it works well into the skin and blends well. The actual pallette of colours is rather limited and I ended up going for something lighter then I would usually as the one above it was obviously too dark. The product wears off quickly and to achieve a cover for a good amount of time (like eight hours) one would have to top it up regularly. This topping up lead to it wearing down quickly. I've only had it since Boxing Day (woo for sales) as my foundation was near ending, I can already see the bottom of the containter! It's not even Febuary!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a foundation "faker" matching "all skin tones," this is a fail! It's definitely too dark. Also, the cream feels so oily, and it made my skin feel nasty and suffocated when I put it on. I immediately took it off and washed my face twice to remove that feeling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I rarely give a product only one lippie but unfortunately this foundation just really failed on me. First of all what is this "matches all skin tones"?? Because it sure does not match mine, it was way too dark for me. Secondly, it covers nothing. Maybe if you have good skin this might be great but I have some acne scarring and occasional blemishes so this is a no-no. Why would I want to wear a foundation if I don't want any covarage? Also, this really accentuates my dry areas, making them look twice as bad. I would only recommend this product to people with medium skin tone, even and healthy skin. Unfortunately I fit in none of those categories :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually use either this or a tinted moisturiser for daily wear. It's nice and makes my skin glow and look more even without breaking me out. The longevity isn't the best and I try to avoid it on hot days, but it is convenient and easy to use. Shame about the price though. Packaging is very cute as with all of Benefit's products. I apply this using a large foundation brush similar to MAC 190.

EDIT: Ughhhhh! You know when you think you look good, but then you look in a mirror with decent lighting and realise how crap your skin is?! I just had one of those moments... It looks FINE the first five minutes after application... Then it turns to grease, and then it dries up and leaves cakey powdery looking bits everywhere... HORRIBLE! Why do I continually put Benefit products near my skin?!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Zaxapi

I use this product as my daily foundation, as I don't need a lot of coverage. I always use porefessional first and then apply this foundation. I like how easily it goes on and for me it does stay on all day. I always use my Mac Blot powder after this to take down the shine and make it matte. Ive been using it for a while and am just now running out. I bought it as part of a set so it was a good value for me. It evenly smooths out my skin and covers redness and blotches well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by rocynthia

I was really looking forward to loving this product I loved the packaging and it seemed like a great idea for those days I'm on the go and don't have time for foundation. But I was really disappointed it wipes off very easily and only lasts a couple of hours. There wasnt a lot of product either considering the price. Unfortunantely I will not be repurchasing this.