April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Manako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Out of all the mascara I have ever tested this is the only one I keep coming back too.

It delivers what it claims: it lengthens, gives (moderate) volume, and most important adds definition to your lashes. One coat is enough to give a nice look, but I usually apply two, sometimes three layers for extra drama. And it never starts to clump! It's the combination of a silicone brush and a great texture (not too runny, not too dry) that does the trick!

I used to buy the waterproof version (which in my opinion is even better in holding curl) but noticed too much breakage. I switched to Lancomes VIRTU‘SE (never again) and later Dior's Diorshow Iconic (which gives similar results, but triggered severe loss of lashes!) and came back to Chanel. I changed to the regular formula and was a bit frightened it wouldn't be as good as the WP version.
Glad I did. I now realize even more that this one really stands out...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in love when I first used this mascara. Everything about it was perfect, smooth application, lenthened, seperated, shiny intense black, all together awesomeness. But it flakes - horribly :( Will anyone ever make the perfect mascara??

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by J3aNette

Very nice mascara in a very high quality!
This is born with the separation power from heaven (;
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by socalblonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is terrific mascara. I have long lashes that are very straight. Chanel gives a big curl without having to use the curling crimper. Also, the lashes are singled out with the unique application brush. I am often asked if I my eyelashes are real when wearing the Chanel mascara. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by HippieChic82

I think anyone who gives this mascara a bad review is clearly out of their minds, they must have gone out of their way to make it not work. I've tried many mascaras, the drug store brands, the department store brands, even Sephora, and this is by far THE BEST MASCARA EVER! I was quite stunned at the price, $32 for mascara, but the price is definitely backed up with an amazing product. This mascara delivers exactly what it claims. The once patented brush is amazing at perfectly separating the lashes without any clumps, it gives you a long lash glam look and doesn't smudge at all! And it doesn't irritate your eyes. It's amazing! And it looks so natural. I will definitely be buying this again! It's my holy grail mascara now.

I don't really spend much time on reviewing cosmetics, but I felt this product was definitely worth the time to do so. I decided to try this mascara on a whim because I wanted to see what all the hype was about Chanel, and I definitely landed on the jack pot! I am completely IN LOVE with this mascara! This mascara is worth every penny, it's not your typical mascara, which is exactly what makes it so amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I bought it on 3/27 and returned it today. I couldn't make it work for me; it was very clumpy; didn't curl well; didn't allow for easy seperation of lashes; and smudged like crazy. With the exception of maybe one or two drugstore mascaras I've bought in a pinch, this is the worst. And the price is outrageous, US $30.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I never gave much thought to mascara. I would routinely buy Maybelline or Cover Girl and was always relatively content. 2 years ago however, I bought a magazine and on it was a sample of Chanel's Inimitable. WOW! I have VERY long, curly and fine lashes. THis is the first mascara that gives my volume and ultimate separation. I can layer and layer and layer even more without clumps or spikes! The price is far too high and as a matter of principle I avoid dept. store makeup for that reason. Here however I have to make an exception. The tube lasts quite a long time and it's the only formula that doesn't make me cry if I get some in my eye. I'm on my second tube and will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

I'm not a big fan of Inimitable. Yes, it's supposed to Curl,Lengthen, Separate, and Volumonize but it just doesn't give that full look that I sought out for.

It's not worth the $30.00. I say Diorshow still beats out Chanel Inimitable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by juicycouturee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this mascara! it gives me such long eyelashes compared to other ones. i switched to lancome to try out a new one it gave me more volume but not enought lenght.i would deff. recommend this for people who want more lenght product its worth the money and lasts forever doesnt clump or dry

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample when I purchased Chanel Blanc Universel. It lengthened and seperated my lashes well with absolutely no clumping or smudging and no 'spidery' effect. This mascara gives a soft effect to my eyes but I find that it doesn't hold a curl very well. After a few coats Inimitable Mascara does thicken my lashes slightly but I'd like a little more volumn.

I like it alot, but I don't love it.