October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually love benefit and find that their products are very well packaged and of a very high quality, but this really let me down. It's why too drying and made my foundation go on all patchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by ciaranicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this primer for the past 2 years and it does pretty well to fill in the skin, to let your foundation lay smoother. Yet doesn't help with the shine or oil throughout the day. Would use it throughout the day to blot out the shine. But pretty much over it, probably better to fill in lines and help with light oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by soulfemme

so i tried this for the first time when i was in early high school when my skin was combination, oiliness in the t-zone with surface acne, normal cheeks with no acne. it worked fine- filled in the odd pore, made my skin look more even-textured overall. i could've lived without the weird is-it-oily-or-isn't- it texture on my skin (which was a problem with foundation), but overall it did the trick.

fast-forward to now, 8 years later, and my skin is much oilier and more break-out prone (i know, fate has been most unkind in the skin type arena for me as the years have gone on). the saleswoman assured me that the formula wouldn't be too overwhelming for my oiliness/sensitivity and that it would be perfect for hiding my pores, just as it'd been all those years ago.

WRONG. whoever says silicone just "sits" on your skin and doesn't eventually sink in as any other product must is either very lucky or just isn't as unlucky as me. it broke me out, just slid around the surface of my skin as if bound by no obligation to do its job, and messed up my foundation. i think at a lower price this would be much more forgivable, but anything that gives me this much grief at over $10 is a complete travesty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Tough crowd in here, I almost feel intimidated posting ^_^ I got this for free as a friend of mine works for BeneFit and she always gives me the goodies for free and I was very skeptical of wearing something so gunky on my obscenely sensitive and acne prone skin, but vanity took over as I really fell for the idea of hiding my golf-ball pores. First things first, toss that useless sponge, it's just going to harbour bacteria which is more likely to make you break out than the actual product as it is silicone and will just sit on the surface, all you need is your go-to cleanser to remove it properly. I use clean fingers or a disposable sponge although I prefer my fingers as the warmth created by friction melts it into my skin better. After several times of trial and error I realized that
a) you do not rub it in like foundation, you press it in, literally filling the pores
b) you don't wear it over makeup as the ingredients may not mesh well together, maybe it works well with BeneFit foundations, I don't know, never tried
c) you can wear it alone without foundation, if all you want is a poreless look for the day
d) you need very little of the product and I mean very little. A drop-sized scoop is enough to cover my entire cheek area

All you need to do is gently buff it out with a sponge after pressing in and you're good to go! I am not a fan of the medicinal scent of it but I can live with it and unfortunately this was the only pore filler I've ever tried so I can't give it a fair comparison to anything else but I managed to make it work for me, no break outs, no sliding, just feels odd on my skin as I barely ever apply foundation, let alone fillers but if you can nail the silly application technique and put up with the smell all day, because you can smell it on your own face, then you can make it work. Personally, I don't think it's a necessary thing to have in your make up case but given it didn't cause any trouble, I award it 4 lippies and just 1 lippy for the price as I didn't purchase it, but I am pretty sure the cost alone isn't worth the fuss. I wouldn't pay for it.
UPDATE: Wore it on it's own again, without any foundation. Completely forgot about it, like an idiot and fell asleep without washing it off. It's been over a week, no breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Horrible product - over 800 reviews and barely 2.5 lippies. That surely tells you something, right? On my normal/combo skin this stuff makes me greasy and makes me break out like CRAZY. Big cystic under the skin spots that take ages to go away. The texture is wax like and turns a little powdery once in contact with the skin. It feels thick and heavy on my face. Doesn't make MU last longer and doesn't control oil. Also, sometimes it would ball up if I put certain MU over it. WTF is the point? I do love the smell though, it's like a soft lemon. Yummy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because the benefit sales reps told me it would help smoothing and refining my skin texture after make up.

It does not work for me.

If i wear this before make up, my make up wouldn't go on smoothly.
If i wear this after make up, it would form clumps with the foundation and concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and my local Benefit bar said that this would help combat and control the amount of oil, and thus making my makeup wear longer.

This, unfortunately was not what happened.
The texture, as you know, is a wax, but when applied to the skin (with the included sponge) it has a very powdery texture to it, and felt heavy.

Once I applied my regular liquid foundation and concealer, it did not go on as smoothly as I'd anticipated, and I found it very hard to blend.
The lady at Benefit also told me I could use this over makeup, and though I did not want to, I gave it a go, and as expected, it wiped off all my makeup.

Dr Feelgood did not combat oil, and my makeup was no different, it just felt heavier.

Do no buy this product if you have oily skin.

LC

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

DO NOT BUY THIS! somehow got conned by SA to buy this product which was suppsoedly help control oil and make make up go on more smoothly...does not do anything for skin (has weird waxy texture which logically would make skin break out more?)

tricked again by pretty gimicky benefit product :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by EriBaby1920

Ehhhh...It does nothing. I have tried this primer with different foundations and can't get it to work. To be honest, I find that as the day goes on my foundation and concealer tend to slip a bit. On a positive point, it makes clean skin really soft but since I use makeup on a regular basis, there is no point in using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by lavenderparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Do NOT buy this product, no matter how much you want to! It feels so gross on your skin, almost like a layer of turkey grease. I bought it to tame redness on my face, but I scraped it off right after I put it on thanks to the feeling. I ended up giving this to my friend, who knows nothing about makeup, and she threw it away because of the greasy feeling it gave her. Such a gross product! Also, it completely clogged my pores and gave my blackheads that I'm still dealing with today. Ew!