BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

on 9/25/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as part of a pack with Benetint and the Badgal mascara. It was an awesome price for the pack and I heard good things about Dr Feelgood but it didn't live up to the expectations.
It sat on my skin and slipped right off, along with any makeup I used on top of it. Maybe because the foundation was water based where as this product is not. Still, I didn't like how it sat on the skin as i felt like it was sweating and the like between the product and the skin. It goes on matte but I find that my skin gets oily especially on the sides of my nose and forehead within 10-15 minutes.
It comes in a tin. I am never a fan of things that comes in a tub due to hygiene reasons!
The sponge it comes with isn't very good and gets dirty quite easily.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was given Dr Feelgood as a gift when I was just getting into department store cosmetics a few years ago. It sticks in my mind as being utterly rubbish.

I liked the tin, and the product smelled pleasant, but the positives end there. I found the sponge got quickly grubby and wasn't worth including. Using my fingers I found the product difficult to manipulate and was only able to apply tiny bit by tiny bit at a time which was frustrating. It did nothing for me. Pointless.

on 9/7/2010 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this one is useless. It does give a smooth feel on my face but that's all. It cannot control shining of the face. it really makes me disappointed.

on 8/29/2010 8:35:00 PM

I bought this originally because of the way it went on my skin- so silky! When I went home I realized it wasn't one of my most necessary products considering a cheap drugstore finishing powder does just fine for me.

I use it on occasion, on days I don't wear much makeup but want my skin to still feel smooth. But I have found a little secret with this product-- It's a really great alternative to eye primers like Urban's Primer Potion. I ran out of my primer potion one day and realized that Dr. Feelgood actually feels similar to it.

And So I tried it, no creasing on my lids and it made my eyeshadow pigment deeper....not to mention there's an ungodly amount more product in Dr. Feelgood than the Primer Potion if you think about it!

on 8/18/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this as a primer for a couple of years and it worked well. I wore it on holiday and it kept my make up on in high heat! The ladies on holiday with me were so impressed that they all bought it when we got back to the UK!!! Here's my lowdown on the product:

Good - lovely base for make up to glide on, soothes skin, mattifies skin, skin feels like velvet, make up lasts longer.

Not so good - funny smell, almost wax like texture puts you off applying to your face! Sponge application is not hygienic as the sponge gets full of dirt - yuck.

Overall i did really like this product but stopped using it when i started trying other primers which had a nicer texture whilst still controlling oil. Worth trying.
*Update*

I have started using this again and it is amazing.... I use it as a primer, but also to refresh my make up if i have to touch up my make up without having to re-do my foundation again. It is so velvety and mattifying on the skin. I will continue using this until the winter i think.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Benefit products, but this is dreadful. It did absolutely nothing and was very expensive. Completely disappointing unfortunately.

on 8/13/2010 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I personally think this product feels lovely on my skin - it's not heavy, doesn't break me out, and makes my skin feel really smooth. Sadly, that's where the positives stop. I don't think this makes any discernable difference to how well my makeup goes on or stays on. If anything, it makes my pores slightly more visible, as opposed to minimizing them. If it doesn't do the job it's supposed to do, then it's fairly pointless. The 'Benebabe' that sold this to me said you could also apply this on top of your foundation to set it (I still remember my skepticism, even though this was several years ago). After having no success with it as a primer, I tried her suggestion in desperation, but all it did was drag my makeup all over my skin and make a mess of it.
The tin also rusts and seizes up after a while. I threw mine out after a few months because I literally couldn't get it open, no matter what I tried. I considered taking a can opener to it, but since it's not much of a product anyway, I decided not to bother and just chucked it.

on 8/13/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I usually love benefit and find that their products are very well packaged and of a very high quality, but this really let me down. It's why too drying and made my foundation go on all patchy.

on 8/7/2010 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have used this primer for the past 2 years and it does pretty well to fill in the skin, to let your foundation lay smoother. Yet doesn't help with the shine or oil throughout the day. Would use it throughout the day to blot out the shine. But pretty much over it, probably better to fill in lines and help with light oil.

on 8/3/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so i tried this for the first time when i was in early high school when my skin was combination, oiliness in the t-zone with surface acne, normal cheeks with no acne. it worked fine- filled in the odd pore, made my skin look more even-textured overall. i could've lived without the weird is-it-oily-or-isn't- it texture on my skin (which was a problem with foundation), but overall it did the trick.

fast-forward to now, 8 years later, and my skin is much oilier and more break-out prone (i know, fate has been most unkind in the skin type arena for me as the years have gone on). the saleswoman assured me that the formula wouldn't be too overwhelming for my oiliness/sensitivity and that it would be perfect for hiding my pores, just as it'd been all those years ago.

WRONG. whoever says silicone just "sits" on your skin and doesn't eventually sink in as any other product must is either very lucky or just isn't as unlucky as me. it broke me out, just slid around the surface of my skin as if bound by no obligation to do its job, and messed up my foundation. i think at a lower price this would be much more forgivable, but anything that gives me this much grief at over $10 is a complete travesty.

Popular Primer/ Correctors