October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok... I have been using this product for quite some time, but I haven't reviewd it, because of HOW EMBARRASING IT IS. Buying it is awful. Anyone who sees it on my nightstand is just terribly embarrasing. I haven't reviewd it because some of my friends are mua friends and read my reviews. But oh well. They'll now know.

This is a great product. It can be your beeeest friend for those heavy sweaters. HOWEVER, however, however, however, if you don't use it right, it can be your worst nightmare and cause many nights of no sleep. Let me explain.

Before I explain that, first, I'll tell you how wonderful the product is.

Ever since puberty, I've... had issues with underarm wetness. Even when I'm not embarrased or nothing stressful in the least, or when it's hot! Just a normal, fun day and my pits will be soaked. Awful for clothes. Awful for everyone and everything. There was no escaping. Not even the "clinical stregnth" worked forever.

I got on makeupalley (thank you Lord), found this lil' baby, it has worked WONDERS. I'm a music performer and even when I do my very worst on stage, where usually my pits would be a waterfall, my clothes and I are as dry as desert sand. Though, this product WILL NOT WORK if you don't put it EVERYWHERE on your armpit. Don't listen to the instructions that say "two strokes" is usually enough (for the roll-on). Gotta put it everywhere.

Now. Here is the horrific part of this. There are specific instructions to this product. I, for one, think they need to tell them more sternly. They tell you to not use this after you take a shower, and it's because this product CLOSES your pores so that you won't sweat. Now, hot water, from the shower, will OPEN them. An extremely painful experience, for some reason, because I think this product is so extreme. Also, shaving is a big one too. I, stupidly enough, did both once. And. It absolutely ruined my day. Sooooo painful.

Another thing which they don't even mention is the itchiness if you put too much on. It says to put it on before bed, which is very much correct, and works for me cause I take a shower in the morning anyway. Now, what I have learned is that if you don't put it everywhere, that little spot that you missed will sweat, if you're like me. So i usually put it on all over (what I call a coat, like with mascara), just as I ready for bed, put my hands behind my head, look at the ceiling and wait. Then, after it's dried, I put another coat on for security. Yes, this means you'll have to buy more, but it's WAY worth it if you don't gotta wash your shirts always after you wear them, and sheepishly hide your pits forever.

I haven't figured out if it's putting too much on, or if it's scratching them. Because sometimes in bed, while I'm falling asleep, my arm pits will be ITCHY like crazy. I scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, forever, no relief. Sometimes, it feels just like I took a shower before or after I put it on. It hurts. It kept me up the other night. So I think the itching goes away if you ignore it.

It says it has 72 hours of protection or whatever, but my advice to you is say you have a performance tomorrow, or whatever, and you're nervous as all get out. You're gonna be sweating gallons. You put this stuff on, two coats, before bed, you're great tomorrow. The next day you have chior performance, just put two strokes, or one coat. Too much and it will drive you bonkers. Plus, it does stay on, so just for reinforcement.

The pain and agony I have suffered from this wonder product has made me mark off a lippie. Sorry certain dri. but you have, in all your embarrasment, saved my social life, and have made life SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. Seriously. No more worries. It does greatly affect your life, having this problem with no solution, so go out, and buy it. I will be buying this product probably for the rest of my life unless I outgrow this monstrosity.

29 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jerseyvalen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im not sure how effective this product is because I could not get passed the insane burning and itching. It made sleep impossible, so I always had to wash it off. I was prepared to experience some discomfort from reading other reviews, but it was unbearable. I'm not usually very sensitive to products, so this ish is certainly potent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and this really is THE ANTI perspirant! Awesome! I sweat a lot and this keeps it under control. I agree that there are times when it gets itchy. I thought it was because my skin was irritated, but realized that it is just a side effect. I also started using the daytime Certain Dri & that one is awesome as well. These are the only anti-perspirant & deodorant I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now am on my 2nd one. This is the best antiperspirant that I have ever used. I don't have a problem with odor so I don't really know about its deodorizing abilities. But, for its sweat preventing abilities, this product deserves an A. I use this ever other day before I got to sleep so it has time to become effective for the next day. The only problem I see with this is how it can be...itchy? irritating? i don't really know how to describe it but the first few times you use it, or if you stopped using it and begin again, your armpits are going to itch like CRAZY. But other than that frustrating itching, this is the best and strongest antiperspirant OTC.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the positive comments, I was hoping to have found something that would prevent my sweating. This did not work one bit for me. I'm not sure, but the positive reviews might come from a better product formula than the one I was experiencing. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mbasham369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This summer has COMPLETELY changed for me since I've started using this. No more embarrassing under arm marks at work and shirt stains! I apply this about every third day... that's all. Yes, the bottle of it is expensive, but it will last you a lot longer than any other antiperspirant.

The only thing is when I first starting using it, I got irritated under my arms when I woke up in the morning after applying it after bed. It would get really itchy and I'd be compelled to scratch it, but I've mostly grown out of that stage. A small price to pay :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by lizachka921

This product worked for only a year but than it stopped working and I began sweating a lot again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by amski09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me begin by saying I have searched high and low for an antiperspirant/deodorant that would keep me dry and stink free and I have finally found it with Certain Dri along with Mitchum Smart Solid. I have used all of the clinical strenght deodorants with no success, I would even put rubbing alcohol under my arms sometimes before I put on deodorant hoping it would work better. I wouldn't sweat too much, but I definitely got stinky no matter how many times I showered or what deodorant I was using. No sweat=no bacteria party=no stink. Certain Dri can be EXTREMELY irritating. The trick is to apply a tiny bit. The roll on can be kind of messy, so i roll it onto a cotton pad and then blot in onto my underarms. I learned that the hard way. When I first started using it I would put a ton on and my armpits got extremely dry to the point where they were flakey and very irritated, but I stuck with it. Definitely do not use it right after you shave or take a shower, your under arms have to be dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by illustrado23

All the things the other reviewers said are true:
Life changing! I used to think I can never wear sleeveless tops again because I sweat SO much that I don't want to expose my underarms. In the end, I got bad odor and dark underarms because of keeping it closed. My former antiperspirant/deodorant couldn't handle it and I would be smelly by the end of the day.
When I used Certain Dri, I could go a day without any deodorant at all! And of course, the smell went away, too. That's amazing. Now I can do and wear whatever I want without worrying about the wetness and odor. Itchiness occurs randomly and seldomly for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by CaityDaisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love certain dri. It is the only thing that actually works for me, I use it after I shower (usually at night) and it works! I use whatever deodorant I have lying around in the morning, but if i forget, it doesn't really matter anyway. Huge believer in certain dri. I think it works just as well as drysol.