L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 3/20/2011 8:16:00 PM

If you want coverage without paying big bucks&looking like you have cake on your face...this is the foundation to go with. My face does get greasy towards the end of the day but then again its only natural for anyone's skin to be a little greasy. I've used it everyday & I haven't had any breakouts. Each container lasts for a REALLY long time, even though your suppose to change your foundation every 6-10 months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the worst foundations I've ever used and one of the worst Make-Up experiences I've ever had!
I bought this thinking it would be a cheap alternative to using Bare minerals and would give me more, buildable coverage. I used a separate foundation brush because the one included is useless; It went on a bit muddy and made me look very cakey and had too much glitter. Within two hours it oxidized to a very orange colour and that just isn't a very good look.
I wore it for a few days thinking I could just use it until I find a replacement and then I got a horrible break-out; I got dozens of tiny red bumps all over my face, Drying and Peeling all under my mouth and along my chin, enlarged pores and an overall raw and sensitive feeling all over my entire face; I had to let my skin breathe for a few days and started using Everyday Minerals; I don't know what did this to me, I thought it was the Bismulth but I had used other products with that(Bare Minerals) and never had any problem like that before. This is just not worth the risk if you have sensitive skin.

on 2/27/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this product. I'm usually not a DS make-up shopper but gave it a whirl once and find it comparable if not better than Bare Minerals as a third of the price! It gives great coverage (nearly full for me). It doesn't control my overwhelming oil throughout the day (but I have yet to find something that does), but it is great for touch-ups too. My only complaint is the packaging. I find it really large and messy to use on the run and the brush is smaller than I normally like. I actually transfer it to a different container and use it from there and it's all good!

on 2/24/2011 8:23:00 PM

Waaaayyy too heavy for me. I didn't notice any oiliness or shimmer. But please note that I usually wear Laura Mercier TM and a light dust of powder. I have really long days right now, though, and am often hurried. I was hoping this could be a speedy touch up for just my red nose area in the afternoon. But it's like gooping on thick and heavy foundation. So back to the drawing board for me.
However, if you are used to heavy coverage and like that, go for it.

on 2/20/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ivory is perfect for my pale winter skin.
Amazing job covering acne scars.
My skin gets oily as the day wears on, and this foundation works really well in combination with the oil. That may sound weird, but it gives me a really nice natural glow. I wiuldn't say dewy, that's too strong of a word - not that shiny. I can't explain it but I love it so much.
Long-lasting - so when there amazing natural glow effect kicks in it's still providing nice, even coverage.
Haven't found it to be cakey.

I only gave 1 for packaging quality. the container should be bigger. I end up with too much product on the brush and it's very difficult to apply, I end up loosing a lot.

I have some empty powder containers from old translucent powders that are bigger, so I'm going to try ti find some way to transfer the L'Oreal foundation into them. I don't want to loose this just because the packaging sucks!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. Last weekend I stayed out in the sun and got a good tan, so I couldn't use my normal foundation, Bare Minerals, the next morning. So I looked through all my foundations and found this (I bought it a few months ago but never used it) and it matched my skin perfectly. It looks pretty good on my dry skin. It stays on almost all day, and I got many comments on how my face looked glowy.
EDIT: This stuff started breaking me out, so I went back to my Bare Minerals which cleared it back up! And I don't even have sensitive skin.

on 2/5/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I can most definitely do without the brush as it's so scratchy, and it makes the packaging inconvenient. They could make the opening larger so I can get to the product out easier (especially if I want to use a larger brush). The actual product itself is ok - provides light coverage and can remove shine. I find it looks cakey if you try to build the coverage. The color range is pretty good too.

on 2/3/2011 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I buy this mineral foundation every months since 3 years(yes, i think) it's the best for my acneprone-sensitive-sometimes oily , skin. :) its like 15.99$ + tx. Most of the time i just wash my face, put moisturizer under my eyes, a little bit on my cheeks, and apply the mineral foundation, definitly a good purchase, since the time that i use it, i only have breakout when i try to put liquid foundation because i have no more powder, or sometimes when im into my period, and believe me, i haved in the past years big acne troubles that hurts a lot and makes me feel sad\frustrated, well, im so happy now, i give it 5 for sure.

on 2/3/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

not to great , leaves my skin dry and flakey looking . but its the best drugstore powder foundation u can get .

So far this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. and I've tried Laura Mercier, Bare Escentials, Neutrogena. It covers better than LM and BE and gives me a nice glow. I get compliments on my skin from using this stuff. If I apply too much of it though, my skin tends to become flakey.