November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I like this product because it separates my lashes and holds the curl. However, it's a pain in the ass to remove... omg i never had such a hard time removing mascara, let alone a waterproof mascara.

however, i think it's a fairly good product for the buck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand why everyone likes to complain so much about this mascara, it is not "the worst mascara ever". It is actually pretty good, it does a good job at lengthening and a decent job at thickening. I personally like the waterproof much better though, I find that the regular version flakes a bit more and smudges a bit. The waterproof is truly waterproof and does not flake a bit. The more I use it the more I like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Kastilia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is alright, it holds the curl in my lashes, and adds some volume. Of course I always curl my lashes before mascara. I liked this alright, but I have really oily eyes, and almost everything comes off. This smudged a little at the end of the day and I didn't like that. If you have okay lashes to start out with like me, and you don't have oily eyelids, this would be the mascara for you. Cute packaging. Star for volume, star for packaging, and star for almost perfectness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a no frills, waterproof mascara and this does the job perfectly. It's cheap and stays on a lot longer (without any flaking at that!) than some of my better mascaras. It even made it through a nap without any smudging.
The little brush makes it a lot easier to get to the tiny inner lashes, and the formula hasn't gotten clumpy. I found it went on great if I did it slowly, a little bit at a time. I curled my lashes this morning and it has held the curl beautifully.
If you're looking for something that's going to give you amazing volume and length, definitely don't get this. If you don't need it, then this is the way to go. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Amylyn009

Ok, here are my complaints:
1) It clumps like crazy
2) It doesnt volumize
3) it smudges like crazy
4) it flakes more than you could imagine.

I used this mascara after i decided to take a break from my usual mascara..,BAD CHOICE! this crap is awful! one night i decided to put full n soft waterproof formula on one eye..then this crap on the other and the difference was AMAZING. this stuff did absolutely nothing compared to full n soft! Sure, this stuff is good, if you compare it to other covergirl products. Seriously, Dont get this! The only pro of this product is that YES it is waterproof, but is it really worth the high price for just waterproof, smudged up, flakey eyelashes? Nah.

DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT! GO WITH A BETTER ONE, LIKE
- FULL N SOFT
- LASH BLAST
- LASH BLAST LUXE ..
actually, anything is better than this :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by lucystardust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a truely waterproof mascara - rain and tears will not budge this baby! The pros are that it lasts all day without flaking or running at all, and that if you curl your lashes it'll really fix the curl all day. I've had problems with some mascaras that if you curl after application it makes the lashes all stick together, but with Great Lash you can curl before, after or both and its fine.
However the disadvantage is that it can get a bit clumpy, when you take the brush out of the tube you can see clumps and need to wipe it before applying. I usually have to use a lash brush to separate the lashes after applying this.
So this is great if you want your mascara to last all day and hold a curl, but not so great if you want separated, defined lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about great lash products whatsoever. This does an average job of lengthening and thickening, and makes my lashes so brittle at the end of the day! It is waterproof as it claims, and doesn't smudge on me, but that's about it. One more upside is that it holds a curl very well, which is the case with most waterproof mascaras anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Heyy its Marissa!

Okay, so first off, Great Lash Mascara? Yeah, this mascara is 'good' at its best. The only reason I bought this was because I needed a waterproof mascara and thought I'd give it a try. Big mistake. This mascara does nothing, absolutely nothing for my lashes. The brush is so small and you need to go over your lashes 3 or 4 times to get a decent look. And even then the lashes look clumpy! And waterproof? Ha! I got splashed at a pool and this mascara started dripping to my chin. The overall product was just so terrible, i threw it out after two uses. i beg of you- stay clear of "Great" Lash Mascara!

-xo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by c2xzetc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my first ever mascara and its a pretty good 'first' mascara because the small wand is so easy to work with. gives pretty good volume and a little length but it starts to look shit after more than 3 coats. the best thing about this mascara is that its actually waterproof, ive worn it in the shower and it managed to stay on. only way for me to remove this one is with vaseline.

if i ever need a waterproof mascara, ill probably reach for this one

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by BelleSonnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty Good Lash -- that's what it should be called instead of Great Lash or maybe The Multi-Tasker.

It's very waterproof, it truly holds a curl for all day, and the black pigment is such an intense black that it makes my lashes look thicker at the base and longer at the tips. The formula is not as thick and goopy as others (many reviewers describe it as "wet"). The brush is not a thick one with a lot of bristles, but is more like a swirly, narrow arrangement of bristles (like a spiral staircase). The sparse bristles and the wet formula make the application of GL relatively clump free -- no messy, goopy brush.

When I first bought this mascara several years ago, I really couldn't understand why so many people love it. GL so over-hyped that I was terribly disappointed with it over all. I decided to try it again this month, and it is really a pretty good WP mascara. I may buy it again eventually -- whenever I don't feel like experimenting with a new one!