Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The thing I like about this mascara is the brush. It's small, so it's easy to get in to the inner corner and outer lashes without clumping. The formula is nothing special, however, just subtle length and definition. I've tried this in brownish black, which is nice for a natural look, but the black colors look more gray than a true black.

I've tried this a few times, but won't repurchase in the future. Right now I like Lash Discovery or Full 'n Soft better for the "natural" look.

on 8/11/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know this mascara has received a lot of negative attention, but I think it has some admirable qualities. The best thing about this mascara is that it absolutely does not produce clumps. I'm guessing this is because of the small brush. Also, this mascara does lengthen my lashes, and it is actually waterproof.

However, Great Lash really doesn't offer any drama. I have to apply several coats until I can even tell that it's there. It doesn't seem to thicken lashes or coat them with intensely dark color.

I said that I would repurchase because this is a cheap mascara to use when I want a natural makeup look. It takes a little more effort to achieve the result I want, but it does separate my lashes beautifully. It's not my go-to mascara, but it can come in handy.

on 7/29/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought it because I was in a hurry and needed a cheap mascara. It didn't smudge a lot, that's a plus, it stayed even on my lower lashes the whole day. But I didn't like the brush and it gave me a spider look. And it was very hard to get off with makeup remover too. I'll find a better mascara.

on 7/18/2009 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I remember using this mascara when I was in middle school and a newbie at makeup. I found it clumpy, unmanageable, flaky, and smudgy. I definitely am not a fan.... I love waterproof mascaras, mainly out of necessity because of my watery, contact-wearing eyes and oily skin. So what WOULD I recommend? Try out Cover Girl Lash Exact waterproof mascara, which is truly waterproof and long lasting. I've never had issues with clumping or smudging with it. I used to have issues removing it, but now with Sonia Kashuk makeup remover (pick it up sometime at Target), I no longer have any problems with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in search of a great waterproof mascara so I tried this one first. It has its pros and cons but I don't think I will be purchasing this again and will try something else next time. I wore it swimming last weekend, and it lasted all day. No smudging, running or anything! I also love the length it gives my lashes and how it keeps the curl. But I hate the application of the mascara. With one swipe its barely noticeable so I usually have to apply 3 coats to get it to look the way I want it to (comparing this to my favorite mascara Loreal Telescopic that only requires 1 swipe). After the 2nd coat, it starts to get clumpy and by the 3rd I look like I have spider legs for eye lashes. I do not recommend this product for someone looking for a bold, noticeable waterproof mascara that only requires one coat.

I like this product because it separates my lashes and holds the curl. However, it's a pain in the ass to remove... omg i never had such a hard time removing mascara, let alone a waterproof mascara.

however, i think it's a fairly good product for the buck.

on 7/14/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand why everyone likes to complain so much about this mascara, it is not "the worst mascara ever". It is actually pretty good, it does a good job at lengthening and a decent job at thickening. I personally like the waterproof much better though, I find that the regular version flakes a bit more and smudges a bit. The waterproof is truly waterproof and does not flake a bit. The more I use it the more I like it.

on 7/13/2009 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is alright, it holds the curl in my lashes, and adds some volume. Of course I always curl my lashes before mascara. I liked this alright, but I have really oily eyes, and almost everything comes off. This smudged a little at the end of the day and I didn't like that. If you have okay lashes to start out with like me, and you don't have oily eyelids, this would be the mascara for you. Cute packaging. Star for volume, star for packaging, and star for almost perfectness.

on 7/7/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was looking for a no frills, waterproof mascara and this does the job perfectly. It's cheap and stays on a lot longer (without any flaking at that!) than some of my better mascaras. It even made it through a nap without any smudging.
The little brush makes it a lot easier to get to the tiny inner lashes, and the formula hasn't gotten clumpy. I found it went on great if I did it slowly, a little bit at a time. I curled my lashes this morning and it has held the curl beautifully.
If you're looking for something that's going to give you amazing volume and length, definitely don't get this. If you don't need it, then this is the way to go. I'll definitely buy this again.

on 6/13/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, here are my complaints:
1) It clumps like crazy
2) It doesnt volumize
3) it smudges like crazy
4) it flakes more than you could imagine.

I used this mascara after i decided to take a break from my usual mascara..,BAD CHOICE! this crap is awful! one night i decided to put full n soft waterproof formula on one eye..then this crap on the other and the difference was AMAZING. this stuff did absolutely nothing compared to full n soft! Sure, this stuff is good, if you compare it to other covergirl products. Seriously, Dont get this! The only pro of this product is that YES it is waterproof, but is it really worth the high price for just waterproof, smudged up, flakey eyelashes? Nah.

DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT! GO WITH A BETTER ONE, LIKE
- FULL N SOFT
- LASH BLAST
- LASH BLAST LUXE ..
actually, anything is better than this :)