November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Bought this foundation because MAC is a well-known makeup brand and the lady at the counter applied a sample on my cheek and it made my skin look flawless. The price also gets you checking this foundation out as it is pretty "cheap" $33 CAD for a high-end foundation compared to ones at Sephora which are at least $50.
What I really love about this foundation is the coverage. I had a few blemishes due to waxing and this foundation did its job covering these nasty little dark spots. However, over a period of 4ish months, my skin just got worse and worse. Although the coverage is ideal, I noticed that the foundation is way too heavy for every day use and not only did it clog up my pores, it essentially made me break out even more. In addition, the smell is absolutely horrible. Smells like chemicals and spray paint or something.

I would recommend this if you're going out for special events and would like a bit more coverage/that model-like coverage; however, not for every day use as I find that it broke me out and made my blemishes even worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by andreeal3005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation made me look a little cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation with a good staying power.
I wouldn't say it did anything different than a lot of other foundations that I have tried.
But it does what I need it to do - stay on all day and gives a medium coverage.
I have it in NC25, which is a little too dark for my winter skin (I have gotten extremely pale), but it works great for me in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear the NC20 and this is a liquid foundation that is not fantastic, nor is it bad. Its better then the revlon colorstay, because it doesn't dry or set on the skin as quick. In fact you can probably keep blending it into the skin to get the desired coverage. I don't like to apply too much, because Im someone who doesn't like to waste my time with foundation. A girl has better things to do, like curling her eyelashes or perfecting her lipstick on her lips. Thats why I would recommend other foundations that can produce a better looking glowy skin. This also streaks, and they can look hideous. Maybe if i applied more then i usually do, then I would achieve a no streak look, but i just can't be bothered. Im someone who prefers more organic options on the skin, because not only do they let your skin breathe, they also give a nice effect on my face. Im all about mineral foundation, but for a better application of foundation, you would need a good brush/ beauty blender or just warm hands. There are also better foundations in the drug stores, that can give a nicer look. I sometimes use this in hope that it will finish soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

First of all, most MAC sales assoc. are clueless and always sell u the wrong product/shade cuz theyre always rushing you.. They matched me to an NC20 which i found was too yellow.. And the NW is not any better on my skin either.. This foundation made me break out as well.. I wore it for 2 weeks and every day it would make me get cystic acne that would itch soooo bad!!! It sucks, I am returning it and maybe ill try the matchmaster or studio sculpt next....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst foundation I have ever bought. It just slid off my face and made me look cakey. I broke out terribly! Wore it for two weeks and then my skin got so bad I had to take it back. Worst £20 ever spent.