July 24, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this. it's creamy and glides. i feel like i have more control with a pencil than with gel or liquid liners. the only con is that it needs sharpening but my revlon sharpener works just fine. i'm very glad that i was able to get it to a fine point and it made the perfect cat eye, which is always harder for me to do with pencils. also the color is great, didn't have to go over it twice to get all the pigment on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This, to put it simply, was a huge disappointment.

After all the hype, I was ready for this to be my HG smudge-free eyeliner. Alas, it was not meant to be. Perhaps things will be different if you have lovely matte skin that is not oily and does not shed makeup. But then again, if that is the case you can probably get away with any old eyeliner and should not be spending your money on this one anyway.

Pro:

- It goes on easy. Despite everything else, this is a real plus. No tugging, no pinching, no pulling at your eyelid until you look like a botched plastic surgery victim. This pencil glides on with minimal pressure.

- It's smudgy. This seems counterintuitive, but if you are into the smudgy, grungy look, then this eyeliner will work for you. For those of you who have naturally smooth under eyes but want bruised eye bags that last all day (I cannot imagine why... maybe you are playing Wednesday Adams in the school play, maybe your name is Ke$ha, maybe your name is Johnny Depp), this is your product!

Con:

- It smudges. Even before I leave the house, the liner will transfer onto my lash curlers if I press too close to the lid. This is after using primer, and waiting at least 10 minutes for it to set. A bit of black eyeshadow does help, but not a whole lot, and it adds a step in my already tight morning routine.

- It smudges HARD. By midday, it would've migrated from on top of my upper lash line to below my bottom lash line, and my eyes' transformation into a Rorschach test will almost be complete. The process is doubly accelerated if I use it to tightline, or line my water line.

- It's wasteful. The flip side of that lovely creamy consistency is an easily breakable centre. It helps to stick it in a fridge for a while before you sharpen, but even then I've had multiple occasions where I pull the body of the pencil out of the sharpener, and the tip decides to stay in like a disembodied bee stinger.

- To add insult to injury, it is also quite expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Shylilsweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It glides on just fine with great pigment. It does last if you do not have oily lids.

My problem is I think it is highly overpriced, since you can get drug store alternatives with 1/3 of the price and it is very irritating to sensitive eyes. I can't wear it very long without the urge to rub it off since it will sting me once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by jrbmua

Length of time used: 2yrs
Pros: Great pigmentation. Glides on smoothly. Can smudge a little if desired but must be done immediately after applying as this stays and will not budge. Even with my oily lids, has great staying power after an 8hr work day in the office. Comes in a variey of colors, funky and neutral ones. Does notit irritate my sensitive eyes. Cons: None. Notes: I have tried all kinds of long lasting eyeliners (twist tip kinds, gels, other pencil) and I prefer this UD long lasting pencil for ease of use. Just sharpen as needed and apply. No need to worry about cleaning a brush, tugging to hard. This goes on smoothly with one stroke. I can do a cat eye liner with it too if I get it real sharp. Also, for reference, I only line top lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best eyeliners I've used. It's highly pigmented, blendable and the ingredients aren't too offensive. It stays fairly well (I still recommend primer under it or it will run if you have oily skin) and the consistency is creamy and comfortable to apply. The biggest annoyance is that I seem to go through it incredibly fast compared to every other eyeliner I've used (even without applying that much at once) and this stuff is NOT cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by diane894

Best eye liner pencil ever. It applies so smoothly and it's very pigmented. I have these in "Zero" and in "1999" the colors are lovely. $20 for each eyeliner but they are well worth the price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by onedirection304

For some people I know this product is amazing and it does stay on for a very long time if you apply it on your upper eyelid or lower lash line but this product was meant to last on the waterline and sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. I have very watery eyes so for me this eyeliner tends to fade and smudge. Also I need something that will stay on the corner of my waterline and the funny thing is when I applied it to the inner corners of my waterline then went to sleep (I was too lazy to take it off) I woke up the next morning and the eyeliner stayed in place PERFECTLY I was so impressed and I couldn't believe it. But then for some reason when I reapplied it then went to school the next morning it smudged like crazy and just would not stay on. This eyeliner just isn't for me. Also it's incredibly difficult to sharpen.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Jackelynlawren

Let me start off by saying that I am an Urban Decay freak. However, this eyeliner could be a lot better than it is. It definitely runs and doesn't last all day. I keep purchasing it solely because I can't find anything better.

It isn't the worst, but it's not the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I RIS this eyeliner. It works great, it truly does just glide right on and stays put. This eyeliner even lasted through a cry :). However, I would never pay retail prices for this pencil. This pencil is a very soft pencil and I didn't have to warm it up one time. Though, I get very similar results with my usual NYC eyeliner in Black and it's usually only a couple bucks. Though, this is still a great eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very rick, dark, highly pigmented, long-wearing eyeliner. I have no complaints about the product itself, but I would like to find a cheaper dupe. I'd happily switch this out of the rotation, as it is a plain black, nothing too exciting here, and should be pretty easy to replace. (This is not the case with the other 24/7 eyeliners I use: baked, underground, bourbon - those are quite unique colors and will be hard to find dupes for.)

My reason for not repurchasing is regarding how expensive this is. And this considered, it would be easier to stomach the price if the packaging were a twist-up tube. Sharpening this pencil wastes more of the expensive product.