April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by skylights90n

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive, a brush that is useless, and mascara no better than a cheap discount store brand. Lancome Aquacils was the best mascara ever created!!! When they discontinued it (I assume because it was waterproof) they didn't do their clients a favor by this substitution. If you like thin wimpy lashes this is the one. For me, Definicils was a waste of my money and I am back on the hunt for a great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want long, skinny, defined lashes, without clumping, this could be your formula! I wear this each and every day- the only time I stray is for evening looks, in which case I turn to Hypnose or any other volumizing mascara. This is NOT for a dramatic, falsies look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ebabeba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My eyes are super sensitive to mascara, and I had given up on wearing it at all for years! Until I found Lancome's Definicils mascara. It doesn't irritate at all, and I love the formula. Excellent product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jerky283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

at first i really liked this mascara but i am not a fan!!! it clumps so easily and the packaging is cheap for a more expensive mascara. It doesnt add any length or thicken my lashes and makes them look slightly darker and gives them a more natural look. I would not spend that much for mascara to get a natural look. will stick to my dior mascara, which i love!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by compassionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of this at all. It actually seemed decent at first, but the formula turned clumpy after just a few uses, made my lashes look spidery/stringy, and I found the wand difficult to work with. Will not repurchase, especially for so much $$. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have learned from experimenting in the past two years that there is no one perfect mascara. I learned that I have to layer different brands to get any kind of decent results. I tried Lancome Definicils on the advice of the cosmetics counter girl. I had read about Lancome's other mascara, Hypnose, and wanted to try it but she said Definicils was better. So I got it and I was disappointed. I learned the cheaper Cover Girl and Maybelline brands are better. There is no holy grail of mascara.

Here is what is wrong with Definicils. Mainly, the brush is long and skinny, and it is hard not to poke your eye. Applying it safely is difficult. This is bad design. As for coverage, it is no better than any other mascara. It has dried out in only 2 months and is not worth even using with others in layers. I expected far more for $30. I expected lush and feathery lashes and didn't get them. The sales girl said this would give me that effect. If you do put on 2 or 3 coats the result is spidery and stiff, not feathery. If you use one coat there is no result. It is only useful as a base for other mascaras.

So, back to the drawing board. For now, I will use my old standbys in layers. This one I'll throw out soon. Maybe someday I will find a mascara that does something when you put on the first coat, and builds up to a natural long length and doesn't look spiky.

Update on April 24 - 3 months later.
This mascara completely dried out in less than the normal four month shelf life and so it doesn't even go on. Two or three coats causes big clumps and it has to be thrown out. It cannnot be used for layering with other brands. I already knew I would never buy this again but some mascaras improve with time (they may go on better when they dry out a bit). This one just got worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by map28210

this has been my go-to mascara for years. I love, love,love it. I like the coloring- in either black or dark brown- and I think one tube lasts forever even though I wear it everyday. Doesn't clump if you use properly (don't reapply too much or any mascara will get clumpy) and make my lashes look longer and full. I have used other mascaras-drugstore and make up counter brands, and this one is my favorite. They do seem to raise the price every year or two, but I keep paying it!
I don't use any other Lancome products but this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by neonrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara, for sure! Lately I've been experimenting with other brands of mascara, but NOTHING tops this one. It will lengthen your lashes without flaking or smudging and lasts all day long. Don't bother with falsies. This mascara will do the trick. Trust me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really torn on how I feel about this product. Mascara is a difficult product to formulate and this one has clump potential. I don't LOVE the brush either. Price was medium and so was quality.

Easy to remove - that was good - but no way I would wear this to a wedding or funeral - you could easily cry it off. Eew.

Will not re-purchase. I like Beauticontrol and DiorShow better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by star53

EEK! This mascara is horrible for me! I can't say it is horrible period, because I know we all have different eyelashes and wants for mascaras. It barely did anything for me unless I used a primer. In my opinion, there are enough mascaras out there to not have to use a primer, but there are some exceptions. :) Anyway, I was less than impressed with everything about this mascara. From the bad formular all the way to the weird color. It doesn't look completely black, kinda gray (I bought it in black). Also, the formula is just bad. It makes my eyelashes look stringy and gross, and does not hold a curl WHATSOEVER. If you're looking for a great lengthening mascara, get the Clinique one with the weird wand. It is amazing!