October 26, 2014 | 1194 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have slightly oily eyelids and haven't been able to use the common eyeliner kohl pencils because they easily smudge into my eyelid crease and under my eye as well. (have same problem with most mascaras - mainly stick with Trish McEvoy's curling lash mascara because it forms a tube effect around the lashes and adheres to very well with smudging). I digress. So back to the gel eyeliner. Stays on very well, great color choices and with practice have managed to apply straight lines with the right brushes. Also, sometimes I use Bobbi Brown's complimentary eyeshadow shades on top of the eyeliner for greater staying power and to create an even more dramatic look. Have in black, violet and black plum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner deserves all the praise it's been getting on here. I had never tried a gel liner before, but was looking for something that would stay PUT on my waterline. This really does, finally! I had tried so many liquids and waxy pencils, mainly on the recommendations of others who had achieved that beautiful kohl-rimmed eye look. Unfortunately, their eyeliners didn't work for me. I am so ecstatic that this one does!!!! It seems a little dry, so maybe mine's older or maybe it's just that I've never seen / used a gel liner before and have no idea what 'normal' is! Regardless, it goes on easily and precisely but just takes some effort to load the brush. It didn't smudge from my waterline all day and all night and gave me that sexy exotic look I was aiming for. I'm smitten...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great gel liner--lasts, creamy, no flaking, no smudging, etc. But this is a very inky black as the name says. Too harsh for me so I handed it off to my daughters who love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Several years of using this eye gel and having several colors of it make me, not an expert but a good observer.

I had not done any reviews of these gels since I have the black, sepia, espereso, black mauve, sapphire, granite and black plum.. lol, I should be a cyclops with so many eyes but this is for my business. I have used all the aforementioned colors for lining, smudging and waterlining. I have found it to be safe for waterline with no observable side effects. I usually use a kohl pencil dipped in the gel to waterline -- I do not use a brush since I find that brushes can tickle and irritate.

All the colors are blendable, smudgeable and yes very waterproof.

As long as BB makes em, I will continue to buy em!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner, smooth, black, and waterproof!!!! i know i showered in it a few times lol

my only gripe, is not knowing if its waterline safe? as no other eyeliner stays put!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tina_g

Absolutely outstanding. I am a total cheapskate, but this product is worth every penny of its price (which is expensive). But I will never use anything else. The best part is that I line my waterline, a.k.a. the inner rim of my eyes and this eyeliner stays there practically all day which has NEVER happened before with any other liner. The second best part is that it removes much more easily than Kohl liners with just a little jojoba oil on a q-tip. I am in love! So so so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

Talk about being late to the party! Can't believe I haven't tried this til now. I love this - it creates such a nice opaque line without feathering or creasing or budging. I like to draw a thin line that thickens towards to the outer corner with a slight flick.

Price was good, coz I got mine in one of those boxing day bargains at John Lewis for 30 or 35, which included:
- gel eyeliner in black ink
- eyeliner brush
- cream eye shadow in galaxy
- travel sized mascara

The packaging - not much you can really do to improve it is there? Maybe if it came in a long flat case so you could store the brush inside it for easy travelling, but it's fine the way it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE! This stuff is amazing. The only black liner I've ever used that has staying power, is easily controllable for the drama of the line (thick vs. thin), a true black, and no transfer. I'm not crazy about the price, but I'll gladly shell it out for such a good product. I truly feel that you get what you pay for with it. I tried MAC Blacktrack a few years back when it came out and it definitely can't hold a candle to this one. I hated the Blacktrack. This one is fabulous and lasts forever. As long as you have a decent brush to work with, you will love it as it's very easy to use even for those of us who dont have the steadiest hand :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my MAC Fluidline dried up and is getting very difficult to work with. I must say that I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I wouldn't say it's a gel liner (even though it's called that), it's more of a cream liner. It's very easy to work with, and it dries to a matte finish which I love. The texture of this liner makes it so simple to draw a perfect line and perfect "wing". When I used the MAC fluidline, I sometimes had to tug on my eye for the liner to go on smoothly...but with the BB liner I can hold my brush with one hand and mirror in the other and my liner looks perfect all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ojf226

I love this eyeliner! Easy application with the proper brush, and it stays on. Don't let the small container fool you, the product lasts a long time.