L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

4.1

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 10/11/2005 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

WONDERFUL POWDER! I purchased translucent and it lives up to its name. Light going on, slightly shimmery- but it is a very refined shimmer that truly makes you glow not shine. It's a bargain and I know of nothing else like it. It makes medium to full coverage foundation look less harsh. Lovely.

on 9/2/2005 10:31:00 PM

My sister has this, and from the reviews on here, I was on the verge of purchasing it. It gives a beautifully silky, natural finish, and has a surprisingly nice texture for a low end powder. However, I loathe shimmer in foundation and powder products. When I looked at my skin in the mirror, I could see very obvious, random sparks everywhere. It's *such* a shame! If you don't mind shimmer though, this is a great (and cheap) powder.

on 8/17/2005 1:09:00 PM

I liked this product at first, with the unique little light-catching "glitter" (very fine and not too noticeable). It did an OK job of controlling oil, but not great. However, I had to throw out 2 pairs of contacts because of this powder! If any little bit got into my eye, a glittery, oily film would start to spread and burn my eye. No saline or rubbing could get it off, and it blurs the entire contact! I checked the ingredients and found that it contained mineral oil (though not sure if this is true for most powders..?) and the glitter doesn't help either. I've used the Revlon Skinlights highlighting powders with no problem. My optometrist said that my soft contacts cannot rid itself of any oil that it touches.. so contact-wearers beware!!

on 7/30/2005 9:11:00 AM

I'm wowed by this stuff. I eyed it everytime I went to Target but kept putting off buying it. I finally did yesterday. I got it in Light, and I couldn't be happier. It gives this unholy perfect look to my face--not fakey looking, but just a 'best skin day ever' look. There's no crazy shimmer or anything, just a healthy, non-shiny glow. I looked brighter and healthier and didn't get oily skin at all. Amazing product. Not leaving the house without it again. ;-)

on 7/14/2005 9:28:00 AM

I was shopping for a new, affordable loose powder because I've given up on expensive powder foundations and have decided to opt for a more natural look. When I first saw this, I was concerned it would make my face too shimmery for daily use, but it doesn't. It goes on easily, but doesn't provide as much coverage as I'd like. And I love the packaging - I ditched the pouf that came with it (switched it to my compact) and I just tap a little powder into the lid and apply with my big face brush. This, combined with a quick concealer is really all I need!

on 6/18/2005 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has to be the best drugstore loose powder available in Malaysia, period. Doesn't break me out, keeps the shinies away for at least half a day and has a great natural finish - not too matte and cakey. =) I'll never even look at the more expensive powders now... will repurchase and repurchase. Hope they keep making this!

The packaging sucks though, so I transfer this over to my old Clinique loose powder container. Which it fills up btw... so as far as volume goes they're equal, despite the descrepancy in nett weight (Clinique claims to be double that of L'oreal).

Great buy! continued >>

I'm a fan of Coty's Airspun and Corn Silk loose powder. These work great, but do make your face look very matte-(maybe because of the talc)?
I like this powder because it gave me a "glowy" look. A nice change of pace. I first tried "translucent", which was too light for me, and I'm a PPP.I then went out and got "light" and it's perfect for my skin tone.
This didn't control oil as well as my Cornsilk, it's still a keeper. Makes me look fresh.

on 4/10/2005 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite powder. I am very pale, and loose powders tend to oxidize (turn orange) after application. I have been using the translucent powder for a couple years now, and I won't stray. Compares equally to the She Uemura loose powder (except is less expensive) and beats Prescriptives "build your own" loose powder and their magic powder. One thing--I don't use the powder puff they include--I brush it on lightly with a large powder brush.

on 3/26/2005 12:57:00 PM

I purchased this at 25% off at Walgreens, so it wasn't too expensive. I use Translucent for my pale skin, and it has a very finely milled texture, goes on nicely and doesn't look "powdery" on my face when applied. I took one lippie off for the fragrance, which reminds me of my grandmother. Otherwise a nice loose powder if purchased at discount.

on 3/26/2005 6:42:00 AM

Translucide is surely the best low-end loose powder on the market. I've been using high-end powders (Dior, Laura Mercier, etc..) for years but I think this one even surpasses them. It has light-reflecting properties that aren't obvious on the skin's surface, unlike some other luminiscent powders. Very finely milled and the Translucent shade is perfect for me. Great value for money (AU$28) and I will repurchase this for many years to come. Please don't ever discontinue it, L'Oreal!