October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MeowGirl1

There are a lot of things to like about this powder. The texture is soft and very fine, and it goes on beautifully. It does a decent job controlling shine without looking overly matte or harsh. It just gives your skin a lovely, refined look that doesn't look "made up." Unfortunately, I will not be buying this product again because I just can't get past the fragrance (which is why I took off one lippie). If L'Oreal removed the fragrance, I'd consider this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

WONDERFUL POWDER! I purchased translucent and it lives up to its name. Light going on, slightly shimmery- but it is a very refined shimmer that truly makes you glow not shine. It's a bargain and I know of nothing else like it. It makes medium to full coverage foundation look less harsh. Lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My sister has this, and from the reviews on here, I was on the verge of purchasing it. It gives a beautifully silky, natural finish, and has a surprisingly nice texture for a low end powder. However, I loathe shimmer in foundation and powder products. When I looked at my skin in the mirror, I could see very obvious, random sparks everywhere. It's *such* a shame! If you don't mind shimmer though, this is a great (and cheap) powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by cat623

I liked this product at first, with the unique little light-catching "glitter" (very fine and not too noticeable). It did an OK job of controlling oil, but not great. However, I had to throw out 2 pairs of contacts because of this powder! If any little bit got into my eye, a glittery, oily film would start to spread and burn my eye. No saline or rubbing could get it off, and it blurs the entire contact! I checked the ingredients and found that it contained mineral oil (though not sure if this is true for most powders..?) and the glitter doesn't help either. I've used the Revlon Skinlights highlighting powders with no problem. My optometrist said that my soft contacts cannot rid itself of any oil that it touches.. so contact-wearers beware!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 9:11:00 AM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm wowed by this stuff. I eyed it everytime I went to Target but kept putting off buying it. I finally did yesterday. I got it in Light, and I couldn't be happier. It gives this unholy perfect look to my face--not fakey looking, but just a 'best skin day ever' look. There's no crazy shimmer or anything, just a healthy, non-shiny glow. I looked brighter and healthier and didn't get oily skin at all. Amazing product. Not leaving the house without it again. ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by jessstanton

I was shopping for a new, affordable loose powder because I've given up on expensive powder foundations and have decided to opt for a more natural look. When I first saw this, I was concerned it would make my face too shimmery for daily use, but it doesn't. It goes on easily, but doesn't provide as much coverage as I'd like. And I love the packaging - I ditched the pouf that came with it (switched it to my compact) and I just tap a little powder into the lid and apply with my big face brush. This, combined with a quick concealer is really all I need!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has to be the best drugstore loose powder available in Malaysia, period. Doesn't break me out, keeps the shinies away for at least half a day and has a great natural finish - not too matte and cakey. =) I'll never even look at the more expensive powders now... will repurchase and repurchase. Hope they keep making this!

The packaging sucks though, so I transfer this over to my old Clinique loose powder container. Which it fills up btw... so as far as volume goes they're equal, despite the descrepancy in nett weight (Clinique claims to be double that of L'oreal).

Great buy! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of Coty's Airspun and Corn Silk loose powder. These work great, but do make your face look very matte-(maybe because of the talc)?
I like this powder because it gave me a "glowy" look. A nice change of pace. I first tried "translucent", which was too light for me, and I'm a PPP.I then went out and got "light" and it's perfect for my skin tone.
This didn't control oil as well as my Cornsilk, it's still a keeper. Makes me look fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by samulski1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder. I am very pale, and loose powders tend to oxidize (turn orange) after application. I have been using the translucent powder for a couple years now, and I won't stray. Compares equally to the She Uemura loose powder (except is less expensive) and beats Prescriptives "build your own" loose powder and their magic powder. One thing--I don't use the powder puff they include--I brush it on lightly with a large powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 12:57:00 PM More reviews by anaromero

I purchased this at 25% off at Walgreens, so it wasn't too expensive. I use Translucent for my pale skin, and it has a very finely milled texture, goes on nicely and doesn't look "powdery" on my face when applied. I took one lippie off for the fragrance, which reminds me of my grandmother. Otherwise a nice loose powder if purchased at discount.