October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Well, aren't these just the best deal ever? They're about 5X larger than other loose powder shadows like L'Oreal's On the Loose, but not nearly that much more expensive. So you get TONS of product for $18. 1 tsp samples will give you about the same amount as an On the Loose. And that's plenty! So anyway, the product itself is amazing. Great selection of colors, 60something, and versatile. I like the darkest colors the best- Deep Blue Green & Deep Purple- as I love unique smoky eye and liner colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Cirielle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love pigments!!! I actually have not used one yet that I did not like!!! I love the colors and the texture of them and I love the fact that you can get creative with them! I feel like I should don a white lab coat and start mixing away!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2003 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general I must say I really like these. I don't love and covet them as so many MUAers do, but there's definitely something very appealing about them. My favorite shades are Coco Beach, Melon and Copper Sparkle. I love that the majority of these are pretty versatile (although it's so important to heed the warnings when it says to use on eyes or body only), and that the colours and shimmer last so long on me. I love using a touch over my eyeshadow to create an instant shimmer that really brightens up my entire face, and very occasionally I'll blend a tiny bit with gloss to give me lips a standout look. If you can get the hang of it, these work wonderfully as eyeliners, too. The one drawback is the packaging. Such an open mouthed jar filled to the absolute brim with loose powder is a terrible idea, in my opinion. I'm always terribly careful in opening them for fear of spilling powder everywhere. The only solution I've been able to come up with is to shake the jar enough to get some pigment residue on the lid. I then use the residue for my makeup. The other plus is that these will last absolutely forever. I went a little crazy when CB came out and bought 3 - I'd barely made a dent in even one of them before I saw the light and gave 2 of them up!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Laniecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pigments are my favorite way to give some of my eyeshadows an extra sparkle. I love that MAC makes so many color choices - my favorites are Melon, Coco Beach, Silver, and Vanilla. I only wish that the container was a little smaller (I'm never, ever going to use one up) and that the price was a little cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2003 10:34:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hooked onto pigments eversince I tried Coco Beach. They're so versatile and many of them can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips, nails, virtually anywhere. Application can get a little messy but the beauty of many of the colors make up for it. I wish the containers had some kind of spill proof lid and also I'd rather they come smaller in size with a smaller price as I cannot imagine anyone every finishing up an entire jar of pigment. Great product and addictive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by april1976

A great variety of colours and enough to share w/ friends! I own Blueboy, Cocoa Beach, Rose, Gold & Olive. I mainly use them dry as accents. If you like to play w/ makeup and experiment w/ color..this is the product for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2003 9:52:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

In general I really like all the MAC Pigments colorwise. I just wish they were easier to work with. I usually use them wet and I can get a great metallic sheen on them. The best thing about MAC pigments are the wide variety of colors. I love wild shade

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 5:28:00 PM More reviews by stilettoheel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally jumped on the Pigment bandwagon and got a couple of samples, and I don't understand the hype. Maybe I picked the wrong colors, Pink Opal and Green/Brown. Sure, they're pretty, but so are alot of other loose powders. I can get 3 L'oreal OTLs for the same price of 1 Mac Pigment and get the same quality and effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I am reviewing this in Forest Green, which I believe is a Pro Pigment. A rich, deep, rich dark green, great used wet as a liner. Really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never been a real fan of green eyeshadow, but this and greensmoke from MAC have changed my mind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh dear, now I understand what all the fuss is about. These are gorgeous products, they can be used anywhere to add a dash of super-concentrated color or sparkle. I love them for the eyes; they are incredibly long-wearing and really give a rich application. Sort of like your favorite eyeshadow applied with a damp brush, only you get to skip that step since they're so - er - pigmented. Golden Olive is my favorite so far!