December 17, 2014 | 1754 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was using The Skincare Purifying cleansing foam, which was really nice, but it was somewhat drying, and had sparse little scrubbies that were annoying and didnt do anything. So I tried this, and its just perfect. Its thick and creamy, and a little bit foams up into a perfect light-rose smelling lather, rinses off very clean without overdrying. I remove makeup and sunscreen with a cleansing oil first, so I dont know how it removes makeup. But my skin feels perfectly clean, no sticky or tight feeling, and no residue. Its the best shiseido cleanser Ive used. Ingredients: water, glycerin, myristic acid, stearic acid, peg-6, peg-32, lauric acid, polyethylene, potassium hydroxide, sorbitol, glyceryl stearate se, peg-60 glyceryl isostearate, sodium methyl cocyl taurate, beeswax, cocamidopropyl betaine, fragrance, disodium edta, citronellol, linalool, trehalose, sodium benzoate, tocopherol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by CherryBanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since March & since using it I have noticed that my skin has become much more balanced. My nose isn't half as oily as it used to be. I'd often remove my make-up just from my nose midday & re-apply, but since using this I can go all day without touching up. The price is steep. I think it cost around $90 CDN for the cleanser & toner but it does last a long time. I just started a new bottle in December.
I am on the fence right now about buying at again because my beauty therapist friend said it has carcinogens in it, so I feel I should switch but I really do love it, & I'm not sure if anything else would deliver the same results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by la_periodista

My skin is generally pretty norma, but can be dry. I can get breakouts sometimes, and back before I used this product, they never seemed to go away. However, I tried this after going to a consultation at Shiseido (basically, I was at Barney's and wanted to leave with a bag of something), and fell in LOVE with this three-step system, but especially the cleanser. Turns out that to combat my acne and sometimes flakey skin, I'd try to use stronger and stronger products, things that were more exfoliating. As soon as I tried this, though, my skin cleared up and people told me it had never looked better!! I guess I was irritating my face, rather than helping it, and this is one of the only skincare products I have used that I noticed a SERIOUS difference with. If I stop using it, my skin doesn't "glow" quite as much,

LOVE LOVE LOVE...just wish it were a bit cheaper, but I probably go through less than 2 per year. A little bit makes a nice gentle foam that's wonderful to massage into the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by aloha_bua

It's a good cleanser. It removes makeup except the eyeliner, which I have to use eye makeup remover. It didn't irritate my normal-dry skin, but just leave a little bit of tight feeling. I would buy it again only if the price is not this high...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Pristineclean4

(Smells good and feels nice and creamy but doesn't remove even light makeup. I tested it with a cotton ball of toner afterward and it was filthy and that was just wearing powder! For $28 I think a cleaner should clean. Also, it gave me 3 huge cystic pimples, using nothing else new, so I know it was this cleanser. I had no problem with the old but I think these new "re-vamped" products changed for the worse! The daytime and nightime moisturizers now contain alcohol and peppermint and the day spf one contains no uva protection even though it claims to, so I am done with Shiseido! Too expensive with too little benefits

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by cad82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently switched to a complete shiseido skincare regimen, after years of staying away from the original The Skincare line (too drying).

This cleansing foam doesn't dry out my dry, sensitive skin ( i get skin asthma periodically) and the fragrance doesn't seem to bother my skin either (perfume irritates my skin very easily). Since I don't normally wear makeup this does a really good job of cleansing without drying. Makes my skin feel nice and clean afterwards.

However I had to take a lippy off as it does not do the job with washing off a full face of makeup. I don't normally use liquid foundation and when I did, this foam definitely didn't get all the gunk off and when i used the toner it picked up a significant amount of foundation. Ew...

But all in all i'm really happy with this cleanser, it gets the job done!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

This was recommended to me during a consultation with Shiseido a while ago. I didn't purchase it, but I did find it in my mom's bathroom. I gave it a try and completely stinged my eyes and even my nose (I avoided contact with my eyes, the foam just went into my eyes when I was rinsing my face - This has never happened to me before!) I found it really harsh and drying, but the foaming action was nice. Luckily this is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a nice cleanser for the summer. I could see it being too harsh for the winter when I'm much drier. this cleanses really well and smells good too. this is a better formula then the old version which was too drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by swiftychic2000

This made my skin feel so tight and stripped it. If you like that squeaky clean feeling then fine else stay clear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Shiseido's Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam is a part of their newly reformulated The Skincare line. $28 USD seems pretty pricey for a cleanser, but because you use so little of it (about the size of a pea - if that - does your entire face!), it's justifiable. I adore the scent of this product! It's very light... almost like honeysuckle. I love the foaming action, and it is gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my eyes if i use it to take my eye makeup off. What I really like about this product is the fact that it leaves my skin feeling more moisturized after using it. The only reason I took a lippy off is because of the fact that, if I'm wearing a full face of makeup, I feel like I have to wash twice to get every bit of makeup off. This, along with the rest of the Skincare line, has given my skin a glow that it's never had before!